Theo or Tyson?

networker1884

Steve and Tyson are for me our first choice front pairing, without question. I am not willing to argue that point, Ball and Robinson have done well, and have scored some goals but you play your best players, and for me Tyson is a better version of Robinson and Davies is a better version of Ball.

Do you think Davies is a better version of Ball? I'm not disagreeing in the respect that Davies is the better player, but they are both completely different kinds of players. So I wouldn't say hes a better version of him, just a better player perhaps?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve and Tyson are for me our first choice front pairing, without question. I am not willing to argue that point, Ball and Robinson have done well, and have scored some goals but you play your best players, and for me Tyson is a better version of Robinson and Davies is a better version of Ball.

I would stick with Ball over Davies (partnered with Tyson). Won't argue though........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />

I'm still trying to work out what Ball's game is, he isn't good in the air despite his height however at the minute he is getting into better positions and when he gets the ball to his chest with his back to goal he can lay it off for players around him, he has a good strike on him so he is similar(ish) to Steve Davies.

Ball is becomingly massive over-rated on here, he is alright but still needs to improve to become an established championship player and I have questions over him about ever becoming a player who could play at a higher level.

Davies is a winger converted into a target man, he is also a bit too lazy for my liking.

Technically very good and scores goals, completely different player to the one we signed but still got the technique of a good player, getting better as a CF as well, when he comes back he'll score goals again.

Technically very good and scores goals, completely different player to the one we signed but still got the technique of a good player, getting better as a CF as well, when he comes back he'll score goals again.

He has had some good games (like P'Boro at home a few seasons ago) but he has had some right stinkers like Coventry away. Anyway with Ball at least Savies has some competition to push him on, but in my opinion he should not be an automatic starter, he should have to fight his way into the team. He wil get a chance because Ball at 19 will probably require a rest at some stage and probably won't sustain this current form.

Tyson.

Although Theo's goal-scoring rate this season is a bit of a surprise. I'm still not entirely sure how he manages it, he's a bit like the attacking equivalent of Mo Camara in our promotion season. On the face of it, absolutely gash, but then he was a key part of the 7 away wins in a row stretch. Bizarre.

Theo's Messi-like skills for the goal against Hull were sublime......! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

theo is a squad player at best...8 goals is good...but i personally dont think it represents his contribution.. you cant simply judge an attacker on his goals....because when they dry up what are you left with...in theos case....very little. pace i suppose.

tysons a footballer at least...fitness record is abit of a joke, and i dont think his first touch or finishing is all that either...but he's dangerous int he. when he's fit he'll destroy some defenders. the main point with robinson is that he doesnt encourage good football and is unlikely to. his cameo towards the end of the leeds game summed it up for me...those positions he found himself in at the end would have been exploited by most people above league 2....i like his effort but dont think he has many qualities other than fluke.

I don't mind any of Tys/Theo/S. Davies.

I don't understand the stick Davies gets to be honest, he's not an out and out striker but his build up play, touch and general involvement with the game is much better than Theo's, maybe Tysons. I reckon he'd be on about 10 goals by now too if he could keep himself fit.

Sorry do not agree with this. I have only been to home games this season so can't comment on away games. Steve Davies for me is to 'large' and immobile for the wing. Up front he does not hold the ball up really well and is a different kind of striker to Tyson. Yes he can score goals.

The question you have to consider in respect of who would you play Theo or Tyson. To answer that you have to move away from just scoring goals. How many times have we groaned when Theo has misplaced a pass which could have resulted in a groan, or missed a shot. Now don't get me wrong he lifts the crowd up when he comes on as he is exciting to watch and I do like him and would never moan if he does play, however that is not the question.

Tyson is however for me a better footballer, he can play of Ball, who has shown that he is more than able to play the role we want up front and can score if given an opportunity. Tyson in the two games he has played (WHU and Leeds) linked better with Ball. Tyson has more ball skill and can put a good cross in. The big thing for me is how many hated him when he signed. half way through the 1st half of WHU the South East corner started to chant "Tyson is a ram he hates Forest". He impressed me and I like the work ethic off and on the ball.

For me given a choice would be Tyson. Theo to come on about 65 mins either to replace Tyson or Ball or even keep them on if losing and go 433.

You need as a striker to be able to link with the team and also help other score it is not just about scoring as a striker now a days.

Sorry do not agree with this. I have only been to home games this season so can't comment on away games. Steve Davies for me is to 'large' and immobile for the wing. Up front he does not hold the ball up really well and is a different kind of striker to Tyson. Yes he can score goals.

I agree that he isn't the winger build anymore, he's bulked up lots and has lost pace, but I don't think he's an out and out striker either. When I watch him he doesn't fit into the position naturally, he drops off alot with alot of involvement in midfield as opposed to Tys and Theo who play on the last man. I think out of the 3 mentioned he's the better distributor, keeps possesion, holds it up better, wins more in the air and adds more to the game than Theo and Tys.

The only striker who holds the ball up that "well" has been Callum Ball in the past month or so. Theo hardly wins anything, Tys has been up against giants in the games he's played so won't judge him yet but i've seen him throughout his career and he isn't better than S Davies in that aspect in my opinion.

If all 4 are fit it's got to be S. Davies and Tyson for me. Balls potential is great and Theo has his spells but I wouldn't want him first choice.

I agree that he isn't the winger build anymore, he's bulked up lots and has lost pace, but I don't think he's an out and out striker either. When I watch him he doesn't fit into the position naturally, he drops off alot with alot of involvement in midfield as opposed to Tys and Theo who play on the last man. I think out of the 3 mentioned he's the better distributor, keeps possesion, holds it up better, wins more in the air and adds more to the game than Theo and Tys.

The only striker who holds the ball up that "well" has been Callum Ball in the past month or so. Theo hardly wins anything, Tys has been up against giants in the games he's played so won't judge him yet but i've seen him throughout his career and he isn't better than S Davies in that aspect in my opinion.

If all 4 are fit it's got to be S. Davies and Tyson for me. Balls potential is great and Theo has his spells but I wouldn't want him first choice.

Thats the thing though Tyson and Theo are not in the team for holding the ball up they are there to play off the last man. If you had two strikers who play the same way as Ball and Davies then you would have no variation. No team really have two out and out big men up front whos sole purpose is to hold the ball up.

The question really has to be who would you pick between Tyson and Theo and who would you play with them Ball or Davies.

In other words who is your favourite partnership.

For me it would be Ball and Tyson but would have Davies and Theo on the bench as you can bring either on if the first choice not working.

Thats my opinion

theo is a squad player at best...8 goals is good...but i personally dont think it represents his contribution.. you cant simply judge an attacker on his goals....because when they dry up what are you left with...in theos case....very little. pace i suppose.

tysons a footballer at least...fitness record is abit of a joke, and i dont think his first touch or finishing is all that either...but he's dangerous int he. when he's fit he'll destroy some defenders. the main point with robinson is that he doesnt encourage good football and is unlikely to. his cameo towards the end of the leeds game summed it up for me...those positions he found himself in at the end would have been exploited by most people above league 2....i like his effort but dont think he has many qualities other than fluke.

Theo offers a lot for me, he isn't a striker that sits on the last man waiting for his chance, he harries defenders and runs down the channels to open space up, he runs at players and whilst he may not be the most technically gifted player in the world, he works his ******** off for everyone around him, and for the team. and he has the same amount of assists as Bryson, believe it or not.

Theo offers a lot for me, he isn't a striker that sits on the last man waiting for his chance, he harries defenders and runs down the channels to open space up, he runs at players and whilst he may not be the most technically gifted player in the world, he works his ******** off for everyone around him, and for the team. and he has the same amount of assists as Bryson, believe it or not.

ahhh well we cant all agree.... i believe it...about more assists than bryson.... i just expect they flew off his shin or his knee. but theo is a ram... youve got to get behind him though havent you.

Archived