Derby County v Crystal Palace

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm, I agree with Dangerous - it was naff. The atmosphere (apart from the SE and a few in ES, bless em) were the only ones making their voices heard. We sat in WS and man, it was dire, so dire in fact that I don't want to sit there again. Quite wasn't the word.

Yesterday on the whole made me wonder if we were right spending on the tickets in the first place (on top of ST money). I think I'll need more of an incentive to buy any more. Maybe if we got a prem club and sold more tickets, the team might get the incentive to play better. And is it just me or has anyone else noticed Jamie Ward's head down and him looking fed up and knackered of late?

Got to agree. My ST is in the East stand by the SE corner but I decided to sit in the west stand. Was a big mistake, and one I won't ba making again. One person looked over at me everytime I made a noise as though it was the cinema. Got to give the Palace fans some credit, they were excellent imo. Can't wait for Saturday now...it was to weird in the cup.

Got to agree. My ST is in the East stand by the SE corner but I decided to sit in the west stand. Was a big mistake, and one I won't ba making again. One person looked over at me everytime I made a noise as though it was the cinema. Got to give the Palace fans some credit, they were excellent imo. Can't wait for Saturday now...it was to weird in the cup.

We felt the same. We normally sit in NE corner right at the top but decided to move just for a change. I kept glancing over to where we'd normally be and there were some yoofs having a great time singing and banging on the back of the stand.

Don't get used to that view fellas, cos we'll be back there next Sat and I aint ever moving again!

I was in the east stand, near se, and really struggled to hear the palace fans. It looked like there was about 10 of them at the back singing.

so that's 7 more than Derby Fans. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I didn't go so can only give my opinion on what i've read and heard, but can't be so harsh on the boys. They played a squad that was mainly reserve/young players but a lot of them players were out there to give an account of themselves, whereas we did a professional job in that we got the goal and managed to win the game without using to much energy! As well as playing in front of a pretty uninspiring support and a pretty uninspiring game, we've got into the fourth round, hopefully that will be a test we can pass.

Hopefully this means we'll come against Coventry with a full tank and at home, we should get the win and that would leave us in a good position with 2 away games coming up!

I didn't go so can only give my opinion on what i've read and heard, but can't be so harsh on the boys. They played a squad that was mainly reserve/young players but a lot of them players were out there to give an account of themselves, whereas we did a professional job in that we got the goal and managed to win the game without using to much energy! As well as playing in front of a pretty uninspiring support and a pretty uninspiring game, we've got into the fourth round, hopefully that will be a test we can pass.

Hopefully this means we'll come against Coventry with a full tank and at home, we should get the win and that would leave us in a good position with 2 away games coming up!

You're completely correct. I think there are alot of people on here that are really wound up about how bad we were.

Four points:

1.It was a cup game, a one off.

2.We won, kept a clean sheet.

3.The crowd matched the poor performance of the lads, and I include myself in that. The atmosphere was dreadful.

4.We had nothing to prove, no players like Cywka or Bennett out to prove a point.

I hope none of this was aimed at me? I didn't say that we were bad. It was a boring game that had the air of a reserve or friendly. The fans weren't particularly interested ( I myself must have sent 2 dozen texts) and only one team seemed to be taking it remotely seriously. That said we did just enough to ensure that we got through and that is all we can ask if the other side have their mind on other things.

I hope none of this was aimed at me? I didn't say that we were bad. It was a boring game that had the air of a reserve or friendly. The fans weren't particularly interested ( I myself must have sent 2 dozen texts) and only one team seemed to be taking it remotely seriously. That said we did just enough to ensure that we got through and that is all we can ask if the other side have their mind on other things.

No, it was nothing I had read in this thread, more of what I heard when playing today and text from people who work at the club... it didn't sound brilliant, but as I said seemed like we got the goal and then shut shop, conserved energy and got the win, in itself is a very good trait to have, may I add... certainly something we desperately struggled with last season!

no probs mate, just a shame we couldn't have grabbed a few more to give us something to shout about and raise or confidence a little more. As it is we ground out a boring 1 niller against what was essentially a reserve side. I think that is mainly peoples argument but you can only beat what is put in front of you and there is no point busting your balls if you can canter into the fourth round on the back of another Theo screamer (ahem)

I thought we would see a few youngsters or at least a few players returning from injury- maybe even letting ledjc, Ledzdki, the reserve goalie have go. I think that if we had got a 2 goal cushion Clough may have changed it but in the end went for the mighty J Buxton.

Archived