Derby County v Crystal Palace

Hucknall Ram

Rubbish game and not a great performance apart from the start, but in the cup it's all about results and it's nice to be in the hat tomorrow.

Surprised some of the younger players weren't given a chance but a big plus is that they came through it with no major injuries .

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went and after a great first 20 minutes, it was dreadful. They had a massively weakened team and it was 50/50 second half. Bizarrely, we only used one sub, that was Buxton for Ball with two minutes to go. I presume Tyson wasn't anywhere near fit.

Ratings

Fielding 7

Brayford 7

Barker 7

Shackell 7

Roberts 7

Green 5

Bryson 7

Bailey 4

Ward 6

Robinson 5

Ball 5

I also thought it was very strange not to use the bench today,apart from the obligatory Buxton for a striker in the 90th minute to purely waste time.

My ratings;-

Fielding 6

Brayford 7

Barker 7

Shackell 7

Roberts 7

Green 7

Bryson 8 MOM.

Bailey 2-pathetic display,couldn't find a coolegue & looked like he was posing/sulking.

Ward 7

Ball 6

Robinson 6

I also thought it was very strange not to use the bench today,apart from the obligatory Buxton for a striker in the 90th minute to purely waste time.

My ratings;-

Fielding 6

Brayford 7

Barker 7

Shackell 7

Roberts 7

Green 7

Bryson 8 MOM.

Bailey 2-pathetic display,couldn't find a coolegue & looked like he was posing/sulking.

Ward 7

Ball 6

Robinson 6

Fielding-7

Brayford-7

Shacks-7

Barker-8

GAZZA-7

Bailey-4

Bryson-6

Green-7

Ward-7

Ball-6

Theo-7

Bit harsh. He never put a foot wrong the whole time he was on the pitch!

This won't be popular with everyone but he got two very useful interceptions in during the time he was on!

As for the TV highlights, I'm not sure how they made it last as long as they did. A round trip of 400 miles for one of the worse games I've ever seen - and I've seen plenty. The woman next to me had a crossword with her. I thought there was going to be trouble at one stage because everyone around her wanted to help her with the answers. Anything to take their minds off the game. I thought there was a "rugby" element to it. Perhaps the players had a bet on who could kick it highest. Not sure who won that but at least everyone had a go.......

Mmmm, I agree with Dangerous - it was naff. The atmosphere (apart from the SE and a few in ES, bless em) were the only ones making their voices heard. We sat in WS and man, it was dire, so dire in fact that I don't want to sit there again. Quite wasn't the word.

Yesterday on the whole made me wonder if we were right spending on the tickets in the first place (on top of ST money). I think I'll need more of an incentive to buy any more. Maybe if we got a prem club and sold more tickets, the team might get the incentive to play better. And is it just me or has anyone else noticed Jamie Ward's head down and him looking fed up and knackered of late?

Archived