Steven Davies - Winger or Striker?

DCFC_17

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he can play in whatever position he wants. Personally think he would be pretty good in cm. Good on the ball, pick the passes for tyson, puts in thundering challenges, could be the midfield general we need?

I am not particularly a fan of him and I am not looking forward to him returning and disrupting the squad just as it seems to be settling. Can be a decent player but wouldn't be fussed if we sold him. Trouble is no-one would be prepared to pay owt because he is made of glass (apart from his head)

I can't understand the be-rating of both Davies on this board, is it the name? they produce the goods...

Steve Davies has been playing upfront for the past year or so... in that time has a record of around 1 goal every 2 games, that for me deserves the 'goalscorer' tag, however poor bloke is very unlucky, it's an impact injury would have put any of our players in hospital, just happened to be the bloke who is ridiculously unlucky when it comes to injuries.

I stand by Steve Davies, when fit and upfront he scores goals at a good rate... may not run around like a headless chicken but a match winner all the same!

also, the injuries have definitely changed his game play... he did used to be quick and tricky, the game against Man Utd he tore them to shreads, now he has adopted a 'hulse' like role.

Remember watching him against Man U in cup, he played LW, ran riot over Fabio all game. He looked good their THEN ! Bulked up to much to play their now IMO. As a striker is how i see him now, NC said pre season he needs to keep more shots on target and has put emphasis on it in training. With a injury free season i see him as 10/12+ goals a season IMO

Remember watching him against Man U in cup, he played LW, ran riot over Fabio all game. He looked good their THEN ! Bulked up to much to play their now IMO. As a striker is how i see him now, NC said pre season he needs to keep more shots on target and has put emphasis on it in training. With a injury free season i see him as 10/12+ goals a season IMO

i remember that. He was brilliant, put in great balls constantly and was generally quick.

Theo is shaping up to be a 12 goals a season striker, despite being ***** in many peoples (not mine) opinion. It depends on what you think makes a good striker. Davies did score a few early doors but the team was on fire as a whole which is something that people fail to take into account when rating goal scorers- if no-one sets up the chance they have to make it themselves, which Davies rarely did. I maintain that if we had an actual CF at the start of the season he would have scored many more than Davies and probably would be well into double figures by now and talk of promotion/ big transfer fees rife. As it is I see Davies return as an inconvenience and may damage results if he starts over Ball who has done more than enough to keep his place and may put a few of the player's nose out of joint (or skull out of line?)

Theo is shaping up to be a 12 goals a season striker, despite being ***** in many peoples (not mine) opinion. It depends on what you think makes a good striker. Davies did score a few early doors but the team was on fire as a whole which is something that people fail to take into account when rating goal scorers- if no-one sets up the chance they have to make it themselves, which Davies rarely did. I maintain that if we had an actual CF at the start of the season he would have scored many more than Davies and probably would be well into double figures by now and talk of promotion/ big transfer fees rife. As it is I see Davies return as an inconvenience and may damage results if he starts over Ball who has done more than enough to keep his place and may put a few of the player's nose out of joint (or skull out of line?). As for Davies best position, I really don't know- not good enough for CF and too slow/ overweight for winger? Therefore I surmise that his best position is either on the bench or on the transfer list.

Saying that- all the best Steve, best wishes for the recovery from such a bad injury

Archived