Half Way

Bris Vegas

So 23 games gone, 31 points, what are your thoughts about the first half of the season?

Players:

Best player: Jamie Ward

Worst player: Ben Davies

Best youngster: Jeff Hendrick

Most improved player: Gareth Roberts

Biggest Disappointment: Nathan Tyson only managing 1 start

Biggest suprise: Theo Robinson

Best signing: Jamie Ward

Worst signing: Maguire

Team Performances:

Best performance: Blackpool away (W 0-1)

Worst performance: Leicester away (L 4-0)

Most suprising performance: Forest (W 1-2)

Most memorable moment: Hendrick missing a sitter at Forest and the players helping him to his feet

Best stat: Our shut-outs of games have improved immensely and our ability to come from behind and gain points is remarkably better than last season

Worst stat: Still no goals in the last 15 minutes of play and an ability to win games late on (I had to throw that one out there)

In general 31 points isn't a bad return, another repeat of that would leave us on 62 which would be improvement, aswell as a comfortable midtable position which I assume many would take?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but how on earth has Ben Davies been our worst player? We'd be a lot lower in the league without him, I know I can banging the same drum with him, but as our most productive player this season, there is no way on this planet he has been our worst player, over the course of the season, for me he would make my top 5 players, his patnership with steve davies was integral to our best start to a season ever... Let's not forget that!

I would take it on the basis of it being better than struggling at the foot of the table, but its hardly progress is it? We've had a good win today over a hated rival, but the overall picture is still one of no proper investment, dull football and a board whose reason for buying our club seems beyond comprehension. Mid-table or below is likely to be our future for the duration of GSE's tenure, and that does not inspire me one bit, nor does it inspire many Rams fans, as can be seen by the 7,000 dropoff in average attendances. In tough economic times football fans want to be entertained and see their side challenging for promotion or at least aspiring to do so, not bumbling along with the likes of Barnsley or Doncaster and being happy with that.

Still, its been a good day beating that Yorkshire lot and watching the Red Dogs slide a bit further into oblivion so hope springs eternal, even in me! COYR!

Players:

Worst player: Lee Croft

Best youngster: Jeff Hendrick

Most improved player: Theo Robinson

Biggest Disappointment: Chris Maguire

Biggest suprise: Mark O'Brien

Worst signing: Chris Maguire

Team Performances:

Best performance: Barnsley home (D 1-1)

Worst performance: Coventry away (L 2-0)

Most suprising performance: Matching Runaway leaders Southampton at PP

Most memorable moment: Two Hendrick chances at Forest

Best stat: Getting more points from losing positions

Worst stat: Last 15 min record

I would take it on the basis of it being better than struggling at the foot of the table, but its hardly progress is it? We've had a good win today over a hated rival, but the overall picture is still one of no proper investment, dull football and a board whose reason for buying our club seems beyond comprehension. Mid-table or below is likely to be our future for the duration of GSE's tenure, and that does not inspire me one bit, nor does it inspire many Rams fans, as can be seen by the 7,000 dropoff in average attendances. In tough economic times football fans want to be entertained and see their side challenging for promotion or at least aspiring to do so, not bumbling along with the likes of Barnsley or Doncaster and being happy with that.

Still, its been a good day beating that Yorkshire lot and watching the Red Dogs slide a bit further into oblivion so hope springs eternal, even in me! COYR!

I think there has been progress this season. We now have the makings of a strong back 4, until the last 10 minutes I was never concerned Leeds were going to score today, I personally think all the back 4 are good defenders including Roberts. We also have 2 youngsters in Ball and Hendrick who have all the basic skills in place to become really good players.

I have 2 major concerns, we are weak in midfield centre and right, ideally we need a quality proven midfielder to play with and bring Hendrick on and both Davies and Green are frankly out of their depth when they play on the right. Also will we keep Ward and Brayford if the big bids come. Indications are bids are probable in January and it will tell us all a lot about Mr Glick and the board how things pan out now we do have some coveted assets on the books.

Worst player: Kevin Kilbane

Best youngster: Mark O'Brien

Most improved player: Theo Robinson/Gareth Roberts

Biggest Disappointment: Chris Maguire

Biggest suprise: Mark O'Brien

Worst signing: Kevin Kilbane on loan.

Team Performances:

Best performance: Forest Away

Worst performance: Cardiff Home.

Most suprising performance: Forest Away.

Most memorable moment: Jamie Ward Skipping past Majewski, nutmeging Gunter and slotting past Lee Camp.

Best stat: Bouncebackability.

Worst stat: Defensive record after a brilliant start.

Suprised to see Davies as worst player from some, he's not been good in the past 10 but he was one of our pivotal players for the first 10 games. Someone says how is this an improvement? I know it's only half way but if we can mirror the first half an pick up another 31 to take us to 62 then I see that as an improvement. Not a massive one but we havent hit the 60 points mark for the most of our time in this division.

Aslong as we don't have any massive injury spells again I can see us doing a bit better for the second half of the season anyway.

Mine would be

Players:

Best player: Jamie Ward/brayford

Worst player: prisken/kilbane

Best youngster: Callum ball

Most improved: Roberts/hendrick

Biggest Disappointment: maguire/cywka/priskin/kilbane

Biggest suprise: Callum ball

Best signing: Jamie Ward/fielding

Worst signing: Maguire/kilbane/priskin

Team Performances:

Best performance: Forest away ( W 1-2 )

Worst performance: Leicester away (L 4-0)

Most suprising performance: Petaborough away (L 2-3 ) only because we should of won!

Most memorable moment: Jamie wards screamer against crystal palace 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Best stat: Our shut-outs of games have improved immensely and our ability to come from behind and gain points is remarkably better than last season

Worst stat: Still no goals in the last 15 minutes of play and an ability to win games late on (I had to throw that one out there)

What indications are there, that bids will be coming in?

Leicester are keen on Ward and West Brom on Brayford. Apparently this interest is genuine and these clubs are serious in their desire to take these players. We will find out in January.

Leicester are keen on Ward and West Brom on Brayford. Apparently this interest is genuine and these clubs are serious in their desire to take these players. We will find out in January.

You don't know this. They are rumours, non stories made by sports journalists during a slow news days, if this interest is genuine then how come no officials from the King Prawn stadium have come out and confirmed it?

You don't know this. They are rumours, non stories made by sports journalists during a slow news days, if this interest is genuine then how come no officials from the King Prawn stadium have come out and confirmed it?

They are not non-stories at all I can assure you and if you have good players playing well there will always be interest. These stories are not made up by journalists they come from agents or club officials, agents and officials have different agendas and influence but again good sources inform me that realistic BIDS are likely.

You don't have to believe me or what any newspaper tells you but all I will say is it will surprise me if 7 figure bids do not come in for these 2 players in January, especially the Brayford one. That does not mean they will be sold that is the decision of those who run the club. No club is likely to confirm interest until they have gone down the correct channels, there are League rules to adhere to.

Best Player: Ward

Worst Player: Kilbane

Best Youngster: Hendrick

Most Improved: Roberts

Disappointing: Tyson/Brayford (compared to last season)

Team performance: Barnsley 1-1

Worst performance: Cardiff 0-3

I don't think O'Brien is as good as everyone else does. To much hoofing and diving in

They are not non-stories at all I can assure you and if you have good players playing well there will always be interest. These stories are not made up by journalists they come from agents or club officials, agents and officials have different agendas and influence but again good sources inform me that realistic BIDS are likely.

You don't have to believe me or what any newspaper tells you but all I will say is it will surprise me if 7 figure bids do not come in for these 2 players in January, especially the Brayford one. That does not mean they will be sold that is the decision of those who run the club. No club is likely to confirm interest until they have gone down the correct channels, there are League rules to adhere to.

Your just B4 with a dictionary. Annoying, but can spell.

Your just B4 with a dictionary. Annoying, but can spell.

Why is that annoying, maybe not what you want to hear but a totally realistic situation in the football transfer window.

For every one who does not want to be informed there are plenty more who don't feel it necessary to put inane posts up and welcome good information. Maybe eventually we will get a quality of board with hundreds of decent posters on that other clubs take for granted.

Also B4 told us how good Callium Ball was and was often ridiculed, just because he can't spell does not mean his views should not be respected.

Why is that annoying, maybe not what you want to hear but a totally realistic situation in the football transfer window.

For every one who does not want to be informed there are plenty more who don't feel it necessary to put inane posts up and welcome good information. Maybe eventually we will get a quality of board with hundreds of decent posters on that other clubs take for granted.

Also B4 told us how good Callium Ball was and was often ridiculed, just because he can't spell does not mean his views should not be respected.

Are you part of some select committee looking into the standards and morals of football forums?

Secondly, since when has what you said been good information? Information is informative, you've just glanced at a newspaper at the weekend and read a few 'gossip' stories, and just spouted some bile about league regulations. Also, you said how its the club officials who tell the papers there stories, yet its been proven this week with papers saying stories about PL managers going to buy certain players and strengthen in the window, and they've all dismissed it.

Did you think it must be true because you read it in the Daily Mail?

Archived