Biggest Disappointment: Nathan Tyson

Biggest suprise: Gareth Roberts

Best signing: Jamie Ward

Worst signing: Chris Maguire

Team Performances:

Best performance: Millwall home 3-0

Worst performance: Coventry away 2-0/Middlesborough away 1-0/Leicester away 4-0

Most suprising performance: Blackpool away 0-1

Most memorable moments: S.Davies' screamer at Watford, the whole 3 days of Blackpool away, the mentals at Forest, the fighting at Coventry, biting my tongue at Peterborough when Robinson scored...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well judging by Wards post match interview he's here because of Clough, because of our manager and what he said to him when he signed him on loan and that he has faith in him. Ward signed a permanent deal in February, and he is settled with his new baby and said he knew he would be at Derby for a couple of years. He even said that the fact his football is back on track is down to Derby and Cloug. Even if the club got an offer and did the decent thing and put it to the player au think he would stay. Also Leicester aren't a better option at the moment. Same points as us at the moment.

On Brayford, hey if the offer comes in then I think the board will again put it to the player, and again I think Brayford will show some loyalty to manage and club and stay.

Bris, thanks for the thread, I have to say I agree with you except for B.Davies being the worst player. His assists st the start of the season were vital contributions, but his form has dipped of late.

Secondly, since when has what you said been good information? Information is informative, you've just glanced at a newspaper at the weekend and read a few 'gossip' stories, and just spouted some bile about league regulations. Also, you said how its the club officials who tell the papers there stories, yet its been proven this week with papers saying stories about PL managers going to buy certain players and strengthen in the window, and they've all dismissed it.

Did you think it must be true because you read it in the Daily Mail?

I don't read papers apart from the Telegraph (Derby), you have jumped to that conclusion but it isn't true. Not every agent and club official speaks the truth they all have their own agenda's and there are rules about what managers can say about other clubs players, what is bile about that.

Well judging by Wards post match interview he's here because of Clough, because of our manager and what he said to him when he signed him on loan and that he has faith in him. Ward signed a permanent deal in February, and he is settled with his new baby and said he knew he would be at Derby for a couple of years. He even said that the fact his football is back on track is down to Derby and Cloug. Even if the club got an offer and did the decent thing and put it to the player au think he would stay. Also Leicester aren't a better option at the moment. Same points as us at the moment.

On Brayford, hey if the offer comes in then I think the board will again put it to the player, and again I think Brayford will show some loyalty to manage and club and stay.

Bris, thanks for the thread, I have to say I agree with you except for B.Davies being the worst player. His assists st the start of the season were vital contributions, but his form has dipped of late.

If it got as far as the club accepting an offer it would be pretty certain the player would go, that is the usual protocol.

I have no clue as to whether the club would accept offers or not, only you would expect every player has a valuation. Actually I think it is a good thing that we have saleable assets and there is a demand for them and if 2 million is the figure for Ward then you could do a lot with that money and it might lead to a better team.

If it got as far as the club accepting an offer it would be pretty certain the player would go, that is the usual protocol.

I have no clue as to whether the club would accept offers or not, only you would expect every player has a valuation. Actually I think it is a good thing that we have saleable assets and there is a demand for them and if 2 million is the figure for Ward then you could do a lot with that money and it might lead to a better team.

unless they do what Hulse did and turn it down

The reason I didn't include Kilbane or Priskin is because they're loans, it's abit difficult to expect a player to come in from another NPC club and be a hit.. We knew both would be average as if not they'd be starting for their parent clubs.. Plus they were here to act as cover more than anything else

Croft I'd also list as worse player but he's barely featured and when he did at Coventry he was dreadful. B.Davies has been average or worse over the course of the season and he was bought in with a view to be part of the first team, he is and was our weak link in our first team.. Regardless of a few assists which mean nothing anyway as he hardly played a defence splitting pass, more like a weak shot that got rebounded to someone else..

It's all opinions, no particular right or wrong. I geniunely feel were a much better side without B.Davies

So 23 games gone, 31 points, what are your thoughts about the first half of the season?

Players:

Best player: Jamie Ward

Worst player: Ben Davies

Best youngster: Jeff Hendrick

Most improved player: Gareth Roberts

Biggest Disappointment: Nathan Tyson only managing 1 start

Biggest suprise: Theo Robinson

Worst signing: Maguire

Team Performances:

Best performance: Blackpool away (W 0-1)

Worst performance: Leicester away (L 4-0)

Most suprising performance: Forest (W 1-2)

Most memorable moment: Hendrick missing a sitter at Forest and the players helping him to his feet

Best stat: Our shut-outs of games have improved immensely and our ability to come from behind and gain points is remarkably better than last season

Worst stat: Still no goals in the last 15 minutes of play and an ability to win games late on (I had to throw that one out there)

In general 31 points isn't a bad return, another repeat of that would leave us on 62 which would be improvement, aswell as a comfortable midtable position which I assume many would take?

Agreed with everything there 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> its between Ben Davies and Kilbane the worst player 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What does that Ward bloke know anyway...must be time for this - Clough out 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

What does that Ward bloke know anyway...must be time for this - Clough out 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Clough is a poor man manager according to about 10 fans. Its a shame the players don't seem to agree with them.

Every manager has issues with certain players, Clough is no exception. The one thing that sticks out though is how players Clough has let go or sold never slag him off.

Give Clough a bit of money Glick/GSE, and he might just get you into the Prem, (then you can flog us and get yer cash back!)

Players:

Best player: Jamie Ward - can provide that spark when needed.

Worst player: Connor Doyle - only because when his had his chance he has looked absolutely woefully out his depth, and confidence looks to be as low as possible

Best youngster: Jeff Hendrick - could of gone to any of about 8 though.

Most improved player: Gareth Roberts - been as solid as any defender this season, still gets a raw deal

Biggest Disappointment: Nathan Tyson - just based on apps, hopefully the worst is behind, what looks a promising player.

Biggest suprise: Theo Robinson - thought he would never see the light of day at pride park.

Best signing: Jamie Ward - filled Commons shoes for this level

Worst signing: Kevin Kilbane - not as if he has been THAT bad either

Team Performances:

Best performance:Forest (W 1-2) - despite playing a tragic team, going to the city ground, going to 10 men and grinding out the result was no small feat!

Worst performance: Leicester away (L 4-0) - Was played off the park completely.

Most suprising performance: Forest (W 1-2) - 1-0 down 1 minute in I thought it'd go down as one of the worst games in my memory, but.. it was one of the best!

Most memorable moment: Hendrick missing a sitter at Forest and the players helping him to his feet

Best stat: Our shut-outs of games have improved immensely and our ability to come from behind and gain points is remarkably better than last season

Worst stat: Still no goals in the last 15 minutes of play and an ability to win games late on (I had to throw that one out there)

Players:

Best player: Jamie Ward - can provide that spark when needed.

Worst player: Connor Doyle - only because when his had his chance he has looked absolutely woefully out his depth, and confidence looks to be as low as possible

Best youngster: Jeff Hendrick - could of gone to any of about 8 though.

Most improved player: Gareth Roberts - been as solid as any defender this season, still gets a raw deal

Biggest Disappointment: Nathan Tyson - just based on apps, hopefully the worst is behind, what looks a promising player.

Biggest suprise: Theo Robinson - thought he would never see the light of day at pride park.

Best signing: Jamie Ward - filled Commons shoes for this level

Worst signing: Kevin Kilbane - not as if he has been THAT bad either

Team Performances:

Best performance:Forest (W 1-2) - despite playing a tragic team, going to the city ground, going to 10 men and grinding out the result was no small feat!

Worst performance: Leicester away (L 4-0) - Was played off the park completely.

Most suprising performance: Forest (W 1-2) - 1-0 down 1 minute in I thought it'd go down as one of the worst games in my memory, but.. it was one of the best!

TBH I didnt feel too bad after that game, I believe Leicester would have beaten anyone in this division on that performance,

fortunately, they havent managed to keep up that standard...just a one off.

Nice to see a lot of positive , praising posts, and Gareth Roberts is turning out to be immense.

TBH I didnt feel too bad after that game, I believe Leicester would have beaten anyone in this division on that performance,

fortunately, they havent managed to keep up that standard...just a one off.

Nice to see a lot of positive , praising posts, and Gareth Roberts is turning out to be immense.

After the game, it made us come back and lick our wounds a little bit, both went into the game with good form, theirs were bad and they absolutely punished us, first to last minute and it looked very much like it did when we was in the premiership, I remember Hendrick being absolutely dire that game.

So 23 games gone, 31 points, what are your thoughts about the first half of the season?

Players:

Worst player: Ben Davies

Most improved player: Gareth Roberts

Biggest Disappointment: Nathan Tyson only managing 1 start

Worst signing: Maguire

Team Performances:

Best performance: Blackpool away (W 0-1)

Worst performance: Leicester away (L 4-0)

Most suprising performance: Forest (W 1-2)

In general 31 points isn't a bad return, another repeat of that would leave us on 62 which would be improvement, aswell as a comfortable midtable position which I assume many would take?

Bris, sit down...

I agree with everything you've said there. Kin'ell!

[size=3]Players:[/size]

Best player: [size=3] Ward[/size]

Worst player:[size=3] Kilbane[/size]

Best youngster: [size=3]Hendrick[/size]

Most improved player: [size=3]Theo[/size]

Biggest Disappointment:[size=3] Fielding[/size]

Biggest suprise: [size=3]OBrian[/size]

Best signing: [size=3]Shackell[/size]

Worst signing: [size=3]Maguire[/size]

Team Performances:

Best performance: [size=3]Forest away (W 2-1)[/size]

Worst performance: [size=3]Coventry away (L 2-0)[/size]

Most suprising performance: [size=3]Forest (W 1-2)[/size]

Most memorable moment[size=3]: Ward goal vs Forest[/size]

Best stat: [size=3]Best start to the season for 106? years[/size]

Worst stat: [size=3]No goals in last 15 mins. Down to TACTICS and Clough has none.[/size]

Players:

Worst player: Conor Doyle

Most improved player: Theo Robinson

Biggest Disappointment: Lack of investment by the board after promising so much at season ticket renewal time

Worst signing: Nathan Tyson (so far)

Team Performances:

Best performance: Forest away (W 1-2)

Worst performance: Cardiff home (L 0-3)

Most suprising performance: Forest away (W 1-2)

Most memorable moment: Hendrick goal at Forest

Best stat: Won 6 of first 8

Worst stat: 5 defeats in a row

Archived