2 Loans And Addison Out?

Day

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't we only just extend Miles Addison's contract? He isn't on the way out permanently, by the sounds of it we're just seeing if Barnsley want him for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we'll have a fully fit Miles Addison for next season. Wishful/blinkered thinking? Probably.

Would be nice. He still needs a constant run of games to show what he can do. Drop a league if it works.

Didn't we only just extend Miles Addison's contract? He isn't on the way out permanently, by the sounds of it we're just seeing if Barnsley want him for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we'll have a fully fit Miles Addison for next season. Wishful/blinkered thinking? Probably.

I'd like that - but probably wishful thinking. I think Clough wanted him to come back from injury last season and take over from Savage. But he made Savage in his final ‘over the hill’ season look quite good. It was probably one of the most disappointing returns from injury I’ve seen. Now he’s not doing much at Barnsley.

I’ll go with NC’s decision on this one.

My thoughts are if emjlc02 is correct the decision was pretty much made before he left for Barnsley and he hasn't done himself any favours like you say whilst up there.

Blaming it on wages has just become the norm on here now. We know Bywater, Green and Pearson will be offloaded due to wages as Nigel has said that but nothing mentioned about the reasons for Addison leaving.

He's 22, still a baby all be it a big bloody baby and I'd prefer to see him stay on the books and given another loan spell at a club maybe a league or 2 lower that can guarentee him games.

Blaming it on wages is the norm because the club is skint and they will spend more on the main outgoing, players wages than they planned to do. The fact that Miles has not long signed a contract and they want it seems him to stay off the payroll suggests strongly that wages are more the issue than Nigel not rating him as a player.

My guess is Nigel would like him to spend the rest of this season on loan and have him back next season when the deadwood has gone.

The fact that Miles has not long signed a contract and they want it seems him to stay off the payroll suggests strongly that wages are more the issue than Nigel not rating him as a player.

Again has Miles been off the wage bill whilst at Barnsley?

Is there also a chance that Addison's new contract was so the club could get a transfer fee rather than see him leave for nowt, with the added possibilty that if he impressed at Barnsley he could play his way back into Clough's plans?

I guess we'll know more next month. My money would be on us not seeing Addison in a Derby (first team) shirt again.

I said I was told by a staff member in the summer that Addison wasnt part of the plans I got my head bit off on here. To be fair I think we need him as cover for both centre half and midfield.

can't see why he got his deal extended if he wasn't part of the plans

can't see why he got his deal extended if he wasn't part of the plans

It's just what I was told and posted it in the summer and i would say it looks true on the actions thus far. Maybe and this is totally guess work they thought if he gets fit and play games elsewhere he would be a saleable asset so worth giving him a new deal instead of letting him go for nothing. Said at the time he wouldn't be going anywhere if they wanted him as we haven't got the numbers in to be letting first team members out on loan.

Firstly I don't understand why Keith Hill wanted him, I think he's had bad luck in that he's gone on loan to a team that plays football on the deck and is all about passing and moving ging through the centre.. Addison will not fit into that at all, he's just not that type of player.. He shined at Derby under Jewell when the ball was played outwide quickly and we didn't pass it around through the middle, meaning his job was to break up play and be a threat at set pieces.

Was anyone really suprsied when Stoke were first interested in him, when he broke through under Jewell he could dominate a midfield due to his size, be a huge threat at set pieces and also play simple passes without being too technical.. Now he's lost his playing ability due to his injury and overbulking becoming top heavy.

He could do a job at lower NPC or League 1 level, that I'm sure, but just not for a footballing side.. A team that uses ariel threats as it's main strengths.. He'd be perfect for someone like Coventry, Bristol City or Portsmouth as they're not the sort of play through the middle type teams..

That being said I can't see him getting game time in this league, I think he'll have to drop down a division to get regular first team football

Archived