2 Loans And Addison Out?

David

NIGEL Clough wants to boost Derby County's squad with a couple of loan signings in the January transfer window.

Clough has already indicated that the first priority is to move players out but the Rams manager would like a new face or two.

He is looking at standard rather than emergency loans, so any new arrival will be with the club for the rest of the season.

Goalkeeper Stephen Bywater and midfielder Stephen Pearson could be heading for the exit. Both players are out of contract in the summer.

Bywater has returned from his loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday, where the 30-year-old helped the Owls to second spot in League One.

Wednesday manager Gary Megson has said he would like to extend Bywater's loan next month or make his move permanent.

But it appears Derby will wait to see what interest there is in Bywater.

"Stephen is back with us and he played an hour in the practice match against Burton on Wednesday," said the Rams boss.

"Sheffield Wednesday is still an option but we will see what else is out there as well come January."

Pearson's loan at Bristol City is up after their game against Millwall on January 3.

"Talks are ongoing with Bristol City to extend the loan to the end of the season," said Clough.

"Miles Addison will return from his loan in January. We will have a chat with Barnsley in the next week or two to see what their intentions are.

"And there are two or three more players available to go out if they can find clubs."

Addison, who can play at the back or in midfield, has made eight appearances since he joined Barnsley in the summer.

Looking to the January window, Clough said: "It will be more about players going out than coming in but I think we still need some in.

"We need to concentrate on getting a few out because we are over budget and we hope that will give us some room to bring two or three in.

"We would like a couple of good loans in, standard loans as well, not emergency loans, so they will be with us for the rest of the season."

Derby made only three loan signings in the first half of the season – Kevin Kilbane from Hull City, Tom Naylor from Mansfield Town and Ipswich striker Tamas Priskin.

Kilbane provided cover at left-back and midfield and played 10 games.

His loan was due to expire in January but he has already returned to Hull due to a back problem.

Derby have no natural cover at left-back.

Naylor's move from Mansfield is set to become permanent in January and the 20-year-old defender has been playing for the Reserves.

Priskin's stay is up after Derby's game at Hull on January 2.

He has made four starts and scored one goal.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-14219005-detail/story.html?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the cost cutting we have been through, how the **** are we over budget????

They budgeted for players moving on who they have not been able to rid who are in the high pay bracket. If they can't shift them in Jan and Miles (who has been off the payroll) comes back it may push them over budget even more. They are not slightly over budget but way over players wages alone are still near 10m.

Big questions coming up will they sell any of the saleable assets in Jan, Brayford and Ward could attract 7 figure bids, if so will they leave it right to the end like Commons so accidently or deliberately they can't spend a proportion of the proceeds. Also with the overspend this year, next year when all the unwanted will be off the books and there will be a lot more flexibility in terms of how much is spent on wages, will the budget be hugely reduced.

After all this the performance of Mr Glick, hugely open to question so far can be analysed with a lot more certainty.

After all the cost cutting we have been through, how the **** are we over budget????

Just a thought, but maybe our expenditure is greater than our income.

Bywater, Leacock, Pearson and some to extent Addison and Green are paid more than their value to the club as assets.

They need to go or maybe accept reduced terms in the latter's case, then we will be in a position to trade.

They budgeted for players moving on who they have not been able to rid who are in the high pay bracket. If they can't shift them in Jan and Miles (who has been off the payroll) comes back it may push them over budget even more. They are not slightly over budget but way over players wages alone are still near 10m.

I know I might be out of order here questioning your superior knowledge but.....how do you know what percentage if any of Addison's wages Barnsley were/are paying? It's probably need to know information and if you told me you'd have to kill me and all that but just thought I'd ask as I haven't seen anything written that says anything about his wages.

Also with Anderson and Riggott both off the wage bill, Priskin will also be off (how much are we paying him?)

I'm guessing here but wages may not be the issue at all, it's simply a case of Addisons face doesn't fit in with Clough's plans.

I'm guessing here but wages may not be the issue at all, it's simply a case of Addisons face doesn't fit in with Clough's plans.

Barnsley are hardly a great side and Addison has really failed to gel there so if he can't make an impression there (with the manager who's only picked him when others are injured) and with the fans (who don't rave about him in any way) then on what evidence does Clough base the fact that he can do a job for Derby?

He was a player who had a great future ahead of him and then he got injured. He is nothing like the player he was and IMO, Clough has given him long enough to prove himself and the player hasn't.

His career is going the same was as Giles Barnes. Very bad luck for DCFC but bad luck and DCFC seem to go together nowadays.

If Nigel wants to get rid then I for one respect his decision.

I know I might be out of order here questioning your superior knowledge but.....how do you know what percentage if any of Addison's wages Barnsley were/are paying? It's probably need to know information and if you told me you'd have to kill me and all that but just thought I'd ask as I haven't seen anything written that says anything about his wages.

Also with Anderson and Riggott both off the wage bill, Priskin will also be off (how much are we paying him?)

We would have paid [some form of] settlement for these two, so it would [probably] be incorrect to assume they are [effectively] off the wage bill until the summer.

Barnsley are hardly a great side and Addison has really failed to gel there so if he can't make an impression there (with the manager who's only picked him when others are injured) and with the fans (who don't rave about him in any way) then on what evidence does Clough base the fact that he can do a job for Derby?

He was a player who had a great future ahead of him and then he got injured. He is nothing like the player he was and IMO, Clough has given him long enough to prove himself and the player hasn't.

His career is going the same was as Giles Barnes. Very bad luck for DCFC but bad luck and DCFC seem to go together nowadays.

If Nigel wants to get rid then I for one respect his decision.

My thoughts are if emjlc02 is correct the decision was pretty much made before he left for Barnsley and he hasn't done himself any favours like you say whilst up there.

Blaming it on wages has just become the norm on here now. We know Bywater, Green and Pearson will be offloaded due to wages as Nigel has said that but nothing mentioned about the reasons for Addison leaving.

He's 22, still a baby all be it a big bloody baby and I'd prefer to see him stay on the books and given another loan spell at a club maybe a league or 2 lower that can guarentee him games.

We would have paid [some form of] settlement for these two, so it would [probably] be incorrect to assume they are [effectively] off the wage bill until the summer.

Maybe, maybe not.

Depends if both approached Clough and asked to leave and we agreed to rip up the contracts. Who knows.

Didn't we only just extend Miles Addison's contract? He isn't on the way out permanently, by the sounds of it we're just seeing if Barnsley want him for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we'll have a fully fit Miles Addison for next season. Wishful/blinkered thinking? Probably.

Didn't we only just extend Miles Addison's contract? He isn't on the way out permanently, by the sounds of it we're just seeing if Barnsley want him for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we'll have a fully fit Miles Addison for next season. Wishful/blinkered thinking? Probably.

Wonder how much his agent demanded for his fees and the players signing on fees?

Archived