How Many Games A Season Do You Get To?

Boz_DCFC

Before anyone says, this thread isn't to have some little battle about who goes to the most games.

Just sat here at my desk wondering, how many games a season do you all actually get to go to?

I know a lot of people on here have season tickets and do a lot of away games. I also understand that not everyone has the finances to get to as many games as they like to, or cannot due to work etc.

So yeah? How many games a season do you go to following the Rams?

ST holder and Rams on Tour for me, so every game.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season i made it to 17 games league and cup, 16 of them away games. All from Bournemouth and East Kent. This season wont be as many, cant be f*cked to get to some of those northern sh*tholes.

For saying you live in Bournemouth, that's a great amount to get to IMO. Must cost 3x the amount of a Derby-based fan due to travel!

This is where my support has drastically changed in the past few years, the years 2004 to 2008 I was a dedicated away follower, I used to go to most (not all) but most of the away games, in the premiership season I missed only 2 of the 38 games that season (one of them we actually got a point at) and the season after that I had the same ideas of going, started strong but as the season carried on the novelty wore off, and last season I didn't even bother with a season ticket, the cost cutting turned me off the game completely, and I didn't bother but I did miss it a lot, this season I got my season ticket back but still don't really bother with the away games.

This is where my support has drastically changed in the past few years, the years 2004 to 2008 I was a dedicated away follower, I used to go to most (not all) but most of the away games, in the premiership season I missed only 2 of the 38 games that season (one of them we actually got a point at) and the season after that I had the same ideas of going, started strong but as the season carried on the novelty wore off, and last season I didn't even bother with a season ticket, the cost cutting turned me off the game completely, and I didn't bother but I did miss it a lot, this season I got my season ticket back but still don't really bother with the away games.

Jeez, the Prem season must have cost you a fair bob. I don't think I'd ever be able to give my ST up out of choice, I enjoy going to football far too much.

I normally get to around 10-15 games a season because of work. Been to 5 so far this season, Barnsley, Milwall, Pompey, Southampton, and Bristol City, so been lucky that I haven't seen us lose so far this season, I have only seen 1 game on tv and that was the palace game. So I am doing well so far.

about 5-10.

Play school fixtures every saturday so cant make it to most. But not in the school cricket team so will make i to every home game after Easter 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Quite a few, how many I manage to stay awake in, with the dross being served up, is a different matter 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Falling asleep would be great - i'm worried i might end up catatonic!

Every home game for me. (ST)

i'm very lucky - the people who sit round me make it great fun. (Even when the football is crap)

Managed to get to five so far this season: Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Burnley, Portsmouth & Peterborough (away). Not bad travelling from Norfolk, and it's the most I've managed in a single season since I had a ST 1990/91. I couldn't get to Ipswich due to work.

I lived in Scotland for 6 years, and went to the odd away game over those years: Preston (0-3), Burnley (0-3) & Leicester (2-2) come to mind. I'd have a ST if I lived locally. I don't know which game I'll make next, I was hoping for a better FA Cup draw (in terms of local to me or a rarer opponent), I still might target that one.

Falling asleep would be great - i'm worried i might end up catatonic!

Every home game for me. (ST)

i'm very lucky - the people who sit round me make it great fun. (Even when the football is crap)

same here!!! I have a good laugh with the lads, bloody postmen

Used to get to about 8 or 10 games a season but have only been to the first game of the season for the last two seasons.

Sick of Clough to be honest and since Ryanair pulled out of flying from Belfast it's costing a bomb to get over.

---

I am here: [url=http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=54.684683,-5.994002]http://maps.google.c...84683,-5.994002

Some good going that Ray you not Niall's dad are ya? lol

Season ticket holder, never make them all mind with work commitments abroad and that but still worth getting one. Only miss 3/4.

10+ away games a year. Done 6 this year so far. Hull, Barnsley and Burnley all in the pipeline then a few others no doubt. I don't intend to go to that many, it's mostly a spur of the moment the week before.

Was hoping for a good FA Cup draw and run, something different than the norm but it wasn't it be. So far...

Archived