Clough's Winning Percentage Graphically

rammieib

I think this shows clearly that Clough is never going become better than a 30% man. He has had 144 games now for Derby and this will be the trend.

I'm fairly confident that to become a top six team we need to be looking at winning 40% of games and I don't see Clough ever doing this.

How long can the board and us as fans continue to support this?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w6cqj7

And when you look back over the last 46 games, i.e One complete league season, the picture is even more depressing at an average of 26%!! Are we really prepared to accept a team that only wins 1 in 4 games!!??!?

http://i39.tinypic.com/rc4z0j

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managers are usually praised or slaughtered given any 6 game run.. 4 wins out of 6 and it's all cosy, 1 win out of 6 and you're heading for the sack.. Take that into account this season and our 6 game records show.. Given that out of a 6 game run 12+ points = promotion. 10-11 points = playoffs. 8-9 points = high midtable. 7 points = lower midtable. 6 points = struggle/relegation. Less than 6 = relegation

1st 6.. Brum W, Watford W, Blackpool W, Donny W, Burney L, Coventry L = 12 points = promotion

2nd 6. Forest W Millwall W Barnsley D Leicester L Southampton D Reading D = 9 points = high midtable

3rd 6. Middlesbrough L Pompey W Cardiff L Peterborough L Hull L West Ham L = 3 points = relegation

4th 6. Brighton L Palace ? Bristol City ? Ipswich ? Leeds Utd ? West Ham ?

After 2011 we will have played 24 games.. That will give us a good indication of the season so far.. Less than 6 points from our next 5 games and we'll look real relegation fodder. Looking at it, we've dropped like a stone and found our level.. Which is struggling.

I've heard no chants of Board out or Clough out at any actual games so far this season. Until that happens, the Board and Clough probably think fans are content to be patient with the job they are doing?

That is an extremely good point, especially with regard to Clough.

Some people on this forum (Smiffy, Bris, Young Ram, Dangerous - there's dozens more) have levelled an insubordinate amount of criticism at Nigel Clough - some I agree with, lots and lots I don't. But why, if people feel so strongly, is there never a protest at the games? People can't feel that strongly about it if they're not willing to shout about it. Look at Kean at Blackburn, they're baying for blood.

My guess is alot of these posts are typed in frustration at the current situation, which I do understand. But if you feel that strongly, do something about it.

I suspect that the majority (for now, at least) are happy enough with Clough in charge - unless anyone has evidence of a protest etc to suggest otherwise.

To those who are so critical of Clough - are you as vocal at the match as you are on this forum? Just out of interest, as I literally hear nothing bad about him.

I think when clough took priskin off we were teetering on the edge of boo's and maybe a few chants, if we lose the next home game I think the chants may come out, last season we had a chorus of "you don't know what your doing" we maybe ought to sing clough we've had enough to the tune of I just can't get enough.

That is an extremely good point, especially with regard to Clough.

Some people on this forum (Smiffy, Bris, Young Ram, Dangerous - there's dozens more) have levelled an insubordinate amount of criticism at Nigel Clough - some I agree with, lots and lots I don't. But why, if people feel so strongly, is there never a protest at the games? People can't feel that strongly about it if they're not willing to shout about it. Look at Kean at Blackburn, they're baying for blood.

My guess is alot of these posts are typed in frustration at the current situation, which I do understand. But if you feel that strongly, do something about it.

I suspect that the majority (for now, at least) are happy enough with Clough in charge - unless anyone has evidence of a protest etc to suggest otherwise.

To those who are so critical of Clough - are you as vocal at the match as you are on this forum? Just out of interest, as I literally hear nothing bad about him.

I'm critical of him (Clough) on here but apart from booing at half time and full time, that's my entire vocal contribution. I sit in the East stand near the half way line and no one shouts, chants or sings near me. If I shouted Clough out, I'd stick out like a sore thumb and I might even get some abuse from the people around me so I don't bother. If I was in the South East corner I reckon I'd be a lot more vocal,

I think when clough took priskin off we were teetering on the edge of boo's and maybe a few chants, if we lose the next home game I think the chants may come out, last season we had a chorus of "you don't know what your doing" we maybe ought to sing clough we've had enough to the tune of I just can't get enough.

I think in respects to you and those that think like you that "You don't know what your saying". Forums like these tend to give a platform to those who have most to say. The silent majority haven't spoken yet. We have only heard, as usual, from the empty cans................you know the ones that make most noise!

I admit when we took Priskin off could not understand it however Ball and Bennett proved more threatening in last 20 mins. However I would have put Bennett on first with Priskin then Ball on for Priskin. Although could not understand substitution at first it was evident why after just a couple of minutes why he did it. Both Ball and Bennett were unlucky to score in the 20 mins on the pitch and Priskin had not had a chane in the 25 minutes leading up to the substitution in the 2nd half. But agree at time did not go down well

I admit when we took Priskin off could not understand it however Ball and Bennett proved more threatening in last 20 mins. However I would have put Bennett on first with Priskin then Ball on for Priskin. Although could not understand substitution at first it was evident why after just a couple of minutes why he did it. Both Ball and Bennett were unlucky to score in the 20 mins on the pitch and Priskin had not had a chane in the 25 minutes leading up to the substitution in the 2nd half. But agree at time did not go down well

Sounds like a chant of 'You do know what you're doing' would have been appropriate.

I'm critical of him (Clough) on here but apart from booing at half time and full time, that's my entire vocal contribution. I sit in the East stand near the half way line and no one shouts, chants or sings near me. If I shouted Clough out, I'd stick out like a sore thumb and I might even get some abuse from the people around me so I don't bother. If I was in the South East corner I reckon I'd be a lot more vocal,

So - why does no one seems to be that vocal about him in the South East corner either?

Archived