Clough's Winning Percentage Graphically

rammieib

I have a season ticket and go to every home game, I feel strongly that even if we don't win soon Clough needs to stay.

I would feel that sacking Clough and his backroom staff would leave a hole in ourside after we've spent 3 years building a side, on good young players, lower budgets to live within our means and finally have a side which allowed to play and grow together can achieve something, football is a results business and it is easy to cut people here and there, a player has a bad game we rubbish him, a player has a good game we praise him, for example young mason called darren wassell a father like figure, how would it affect him and his growth if he was sacked?

I know for a fact, if we got a new manager in 10 months it would be exactly the same, the same people calling for the new managers head and so on. I posted earlier, under Jewell people were begging for this running of the club to be exactly how it is to see the academy improve, for us to build a side rather than chuck money and players...etc but some people still aren't happy.

I don't see a problem with us living within our means or attempting too, what i do see a problem with is no improvement in almost 3 years. You don't know anything for a fact, who knows if we got rid of clough we might bring in a good manager who gets results. I personally feel sometimes you have to recognise when it isn't working, and if by Christmas/January we are still struggling something has to be done. Like you said football is a results business, and if the results don't come something has to change.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see a problem with us living within our means or attempting too, what i do see a problem with is no improvement in almost 3 years. You don't know anything for a fact, who knows if we got rid of clough we might bring in a good manager who gets results. I personally feel sometimes you have to recognise when it isn't working, and if by Christmas/January we are still struggling something has to be done. Like you said football is a results business, and if the results don't come something has to change.

Who is this good manager that gets results? I have come to terms that Clough may possibly never get better than what he is now, but what he is now is a decent enough manager who is attempting to build a side, to build a side you need consistency within the management structure. We will never get that by changing managers everytime we go on a bad spell of 10 games, as it stands we are in a position we pretty much expected to be in when the season started, we've also spent the vast majority of the season in the top 6...

My own opinion is that we don't need a complete wipeout like we did under jewell, we just need to let the young players we have grow and bring in 2 or 3 players who can bring with them an air of consistency because we've seen in the past 2 years, that's the only thing letting us down, when we run into a bad patch it takes us 2-3 times longer to shake it off.

Who is this good manager that gets results? I have come to terms that Clough may possibly never get better than what he is now, but what he is now is a decent enough manager who is attempting to build a side, to build a side you need consistency within the management structure. We will never get that by changing managers everytime we go on a bad spell of 10 games, as it stands we are in a position we pretty much expected to be in when the season started, we've also spent the vast majority of the season in the top 6...

My own opinion is that we don't need a complete wipeout like we did under jewell, we just need to let the young players we have grow and bring in 2 or 3 players who can bring with them an air of consistency because we've seen in the past 2 years, that's the only thing letting us down, when we run into a bad patch it takes us 2-3 times longer to shake it off.

I totally agree with your posts on this thread, apart from the bold. I think he can be alot better. This is his first job in league football - when I started my first job I hope people didn't say they thought I'd reached my potential already! He's got miles to go and whilst he may manage at the very top level, I'm sure he'll have his fair share of play offs and promotions - with Derby or elsewhere.

A better manager, as YR wants, would probably cost more money than they'd be prepared to pay, and the worst possible situation, in my opinion, wouldb be paying him out of a contract to attract a similar calibre manager. I'd be bloody furious if I had the money I've invested in Derby wasted on that.

Archived