Clough's Winning Percentage Graphically

rammieib

I admit when we took Priskin off could not understand it however Ball and Bennett proved more threatening in last 20 mins. However I would have put Bennett on first with Priskin then Ball on for Priskin. Although could not understand substitution at first it was evident why after just a couple of minutes why he did it. Both Ball and Bennett were unlucky to score in the 20 mins on the pitch and Priskin had not had a chane in the 25 minutes leading up to the substitution in the 2nd half. But agree at time did not go down well

We took Priskin off cause hes one of the most laziest strikers ive seen in a long time

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a chant of 'You do know what you're doing' would have been appropriate.

Its why I highlighted it as Priskin was mentioned. I think people saw he scored a good goal against West Ham and thought he was going to score again Tuesday, played well up until the elbow incident and that appeared to knock his game. I have to say would like to see Bennett enthusiasm and speed with Prisking nouce and see how it works.

I think people learned not to chant out after Robinson last year when he came off against Hull because when he explained the reason why most people went 'hmmm ok'.

Win rates for most managers are probably not as high as some people imagine -

Martin O'Neill is probably recognised as one of the best managers of recent times and his win rate is 41.5% (discounting Celtic because my missus could probably manage to win most games with them)

He was considered a success with Leicester and his overall there was only 38%

Sam Allardyce, prior to this season has an average of just under 40% - thats only 1 win in 10 better than Clough.

Paul Jewell also around 40%

Dave Jones (who some people on this forum have suggested as a replacement) is also on 41%.

Billy Davies 40%

So it seems to me that Clough is only about 1 win in 10 from being a "Good Manager" (statistically).

Win rates for most managers are probably not as high as some people imagine -

Martin O'Neill is probably recognised as one of the best managers of recent times and his win rate is 41.5% (discounting Celtic because my missus could probably manage to win most games with them)

He was considered a success with Leicester and his overall there was only 38%

Sam Allardyce, prior to this season has an average of just under 40% - thats only 1 win in 10 better than Clough.

Paul Jewell also around 40%

Dave Jones (who some people on this forum have suggested as a replacement) is also on 41%.

Billy Davies 40%

So it seems to me that Clough is only about 1 win in 10 from being a "Good Manager" (statistically).

To be fair, quite a lot games they have managed in have been in the top flight.

That is an extremely good point, especially with regard to Clough.

Some people on this forum (Smiffy, Bris, Young Ram, Dangerous - there's dozens more) have levelled an insubordinate amount of criticism at Nigel Clough - some I agree with, lots and lots I don't. But why, if people feel so strongly, is there never a protest at the games? People can't feel that strongly about it if they're not willing to shout about it. Look at Kean at Blackburn, they're baying for blood.

My guess is alot of these posts are typed in frustration at the current situation, which I do understand. But if you feel that strongly, do something about it.

I suspect that the majority (for now, at least) are happy enough with Clough in charge - unless anyone has evidence of a protest etc to suggest otherwise.

To those who are so critical of Clough - are you as vocal at the match as you are on this forum? Just out of interest, as I literally hear nothing bad about him.

Probably because people from Derby are naturally apathetic and are happy to accept the status quo.

Asanovic I get behind the team on match days, I think the fact his name is clough is a partial reason why no-one has been baying for blood, would we have given phil brown this much time? davies or burley if we were in the same situation, i doubt it. Mind you, when people called for jewell to go there were fights in the stand

Lies, dam lies and statistics. Who cares if we have a 30% win ratio or a 40% win ratio. What I care about is why we crumble after the first few months? Why we develop an injury list into double figures year on year? Why our players confidence appears so brittle that they look scared out there (unless we have the ball and we're near neither goal).

For me it all comes down to confidence and too many of our players simply play with not enough belief. Why this is I do not know, but then it's not my job to get the best out of them, get them playing without too much fear. I also don't have millions of £'s to buy new ones. Don't see it suddenly changing though, we look devoid of ideas and belief. Give it a few months and it'll all be about grinding out results again, we've already had the "just need the ball to fall kindly" comments, next is the "just need a result from somewhere to get us out of the rut" followed by the "in a scrap, need people prepared to work hard". People can quote this and that stat but it doesn't change the picture or the feeling of inevitability of how the season will go from here on in.

Still he's called Clough, he cares about Derby and GSE will make a number of promises and we'll all be back next season for the same. Brilliant, at least we know what to expect - hate surprises anyway.

I don't get this obsession with stats. If the results, performances and overall running of the club don't put you off a manager, a meaningless percentage won't do the trick.

Everyone's true colours are out now. Those that will support Clough no matter what make up the overwhelming majority of his support now. He's lost me. While I'm not necessarily anti Clough yet, neither heart nor head honestly tells me this man is what the club really needs.

Debating his position seems to pointless anyway - if you really want him gone, why haven't you done something about it? If you're not protesting, then how are you any different from those pro-Clough fans who apparently will accept anything?

Asanovic I get behind the team on match days, I think the fact his name is clough is a partial reason why no-one has been baying for blood, would we have given phil brown this much time? davies or burley if we were in the same situation, i doubt it. Mind you, when people called for jewell to go there were fights in the stand

The point I'm making YR is that people like you and many others on here don't care what his name is - you don't think he's right for the job (as it goes I don't care what his name is either). People on here are ultra critical of him, but it never seems to carry through to a Saturday, in the ground. Either you and fellow critics all don't feel that strongly or you don't go to the matches, because the criticism online versus the vocal protests in the stadium/outside the stadium just don't tally up.

Blackburn supporters get behind their team during the ninety minutes, but still wear tshirts/display banners (until they were prohibited from doing so)/chanting to get Kean out.

The point I'm making YR is that people like you and many others on here don't care what his name is - you don't think he's right for the job (as it goes I don't care what his name is either). People on here are ultra critical of him, but it never seems to carry through to a Saturday, in the ground. Either you and fellow critics all don't feel that strongly or you don't go to the matches, because the criticism online versus the vocal protests in the stadium/outside the stadium just don't tally up.

Blackburn supporters get behind their team during the ninety minutes, but still wear tshirts/display banners (until they were prohibited from doing so)/chanting to get Kean out.

I have a season ticket and go to every home game, I feel strongly that if we don't win soon clough needs to go, however what would be the point in saying something? I will get behind the team and support them, I won't shout anti clough songs during a match because who does that help exactly? will nigel really care? I would rather focus on getting behind the team so we can turn this run of form around.

I have a season ticket and go to every home game, I feel strongly that if we don't win soon clough needs to go, however what would be the point in saying something? I will get behind the team and support them, I won't shout anti clough songs during a match because who does that help exactly? will nigel really care? I would rather focus on getting behind the team so we can turn this run of form around.

I have a season ticket and go to every home game, I feel strongly that even if we don't win soon Clough needs to stay.

I would feel that sacking Clough and his backroom staff would leave a hole in ourside after we've spent 3 years building a side, on good young players, lower budgets to live within our means and finally have a side which allowed to play and grow together can achieve something, football is a results business and it is easy to cut people here and there, a player has a bad game we rubbish him, a player has a good game we praise him, for example young mason called darren wassell a father like figure, how would it affect him and his growth if he was sacked?

I know for a fact, if we got a new manager in 10 months it would be exactly the same, the same people calling for the new managers head and so on. I posted earlier, under Jewell people were begging for this running of the club to be exactly how it is to see the academy improve, for us to build a side rather than chuck money and players...etc but some people still aren't happy.

Archived