tought times ahead for derby

B4ev6is

I highly doubt GSE are losing money, I would have thought any debts were against the club. I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job than Tom Glick, but then I have no facts or sources inside the club to tell me whether we'll be in profit any time soon. Of course I wouldn't complain if someone decided to pump £10million into the club out of the kindness of his heart.

We had to get a mortgage to get a bigger capacity, I'm glad we did it when we did, as the higher gates will eventually pay for themselves. Once the mortgage is paid off (no idea how long maybe 10? more years at a complete guess) but that will free us up. Think I might have gone a bit wayward here, but the underlining point is, our finances aren't f**ked up and we aren't about to go bankrupt. And when we are established as a top half Championship team, we'll have a steady 25,000+ average attendance, our wage bill will be within budget. Gonna trail off now, ranting, haven't even had a beer .....

It's not actually a mortgage, it is an interest only loan secured against Pride Park Stadium. We apparently pay a very low rate of interest, but don't repay any of the loan. I believe that it is due to be paid/re-negotiated next year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not actually a mortgage, it is an interest only loan secured against Pride Park Stadium. We apparently pay a very low rate of interest, but don't repay any of the loan. I believe that it is due to be paid/re-negotiated next year.

Thanks mate, hopefully we can get a better deal.

Why dont one of our billionaires just buy PP, then there would be no interest to pay ??

I bet he would...for nothing and then spend less than that on us. I think i would almost rather have Maxwell than him!!! (thats not strictly true but you get my point)

No I certainly do not get your point, people bang on about the Yanks saving the club with their penny pinching.

The club was saved by P G and his gang, and he took nothing from Derby, he took it from the Yanks, just the same as the Yanks will do when they eventually f/off.

Big difference is the Yanks are also taking money from the club in large salaries, and expenses as well every year.

because the way the contract is designed it's cheaper to do it like this.

Its just down to the 0.5 % bank rate.

The original loan, negotiated by the three amigos, was the same sort of loan, I believe it was something like £1.5 million interest every year for ten years, then £15 ml lump sum to be paid.

Did that loan ever get paid up, or is this just a extension ?

By that logic, the 14,000 or so of us who kept the club going in the 80's in Division 3 shouldn't have bothered then?

I was one of the 13,000 to 14,000 that followed the rams home and sometimes away during those two seasons in Div 3.

The difference between now and then was that i knew then we had reached bottom and would find our way back up.

Getting Arthur as a manager showed the ambition of the club and its pulling power even in Div 3 and i can recall beating first division Leicester in the league cup at the BBG and knowing that a corner had been turned.

At the moment it feels like we have fallen down a well that has no bottom, there is a lack of leadership from board to the pitch via the manager.

I would settle for players such as hindmarch, sage, williams, chandler and Davidson now instead of the uninspiring collection of mediocrity that is currently on the books

I was one of the 13,000 to 14,000 that followed the rams home and sometimes away during those two seasons in Div 3.

The difference between now and then was that i knew then we had reached bottom and would find our way back up.

Getting Arthur as a manager showed the ambition of the club and its pulling power even in Div 3 and i can recall beating first division Leicester in the league cup at the BBG and knowing that a corner had been turned.

At the moment it feels like we have fallen down a well that has no bottom, there is a lack of leadership from board to the pitch via the manager.

I would settle for players such as hindmarch, sage, williams, chandler and Davidson now instead of the uninspiring collection of mediocrity that is currently on the books

Don't you think they are a bit old now?

not saying it wasn't, I was just stating that is why they don't buy it outright.

It was sort of in reply to MPR

Speaking of beating Lesster in the League Cup, what a fantastic night the away game was, seriously one of the best nights of my life, not just for the match and Bobby D scoring in front of us, but also for afterwards in a random backstreet pub in Kegworth. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Todays fickle fans would have booed every mistake by lower league signings like Davison and Chandler before they had chance to prove their worth.

Todays fickle fans would have booed every mistake by lower league signings like Davison and Chandler before they had chance to prove their worth.

Today's fickle manager would drop them after a few mistakes and never given them chance to prove their worth.

It was sort of in reply to MPR

Speaking of beating Lesster in the League Cup, what a fantastic night the away game was, seriously one of the best nights of my life, not just for the match and Bobby D scoring in front of us, but also for afterwards in a random backstreet pub in Kegworth. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

We got back as far as Burton.....apparently, can't remember much after that ...............

Archived