tought times ahead for derby

B4ev6is

Well once again october and november have hit derby hard with so many key players out, but we need to somehow learn how to defand again maybe give shackell a rest as he looks tired and out of stream but maybe give chris girrot a go as he will need some game time, but one or two things that gave me hope in the first half that how we played we tried to pass the ball on the deck, and used the flanks jamie ward once again made the diffence but also so did paul green he passied the ball well and should have scored against west ham, and i also think sharun barker did well. but once we let that own goal in that change the whole game, if we could have gone in 1-0 ahead that might have been the differnace of us winning and loseing, but it is fatel we stay behind the lads, as we need out backing more than ever before. we did show that bit of football we know they can play. in the first half but i still think that ben davies is not good enough at this level i think we should give david martin a go now come on nigel if your reading this get out your sulking drop your pride and give him a shot. and while your at it make the yanks give you some cash to spend in janurary as we all know this lot need some new players.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we have to start somewhere.We now have a few options 'for at least one game anyway!) with Barker Bailey and Green coming back into the fold. They will proabably need a few matches to find their feet again. Riggot must be close to match fitness as well.

Next 11 games seeing us through to the end of the transfer window we have some interesting looking games coming up.

[size=3]Tuesday, 29 November 2011[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Rams v Brighton[/size][size=3]19:45 [/size]

[size=3]Friday, 2 December 2011[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Palace v Rams, 19:45 [/size]

[size=3]Saturday, 10 December 2011[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Rams V Brizzol[/size][size=3] 15:00 [/size]

[size=3]Saturday, 17 December 2011[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Jewell’s Ipswich v Rams 15:00 [/size]

[size=3]Monday, 26 December 2011[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Rams v Lxxxs[/size][size=3] 13:00 [/size]

[size=3]Saturday, 31 December 2011[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Rams v West Am[/size][size=3], 13:00 [/size]

Monday, 2 January 2012 [size=3]Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Hull[/size][size=3] V Rams 15:00 [/size]

[size=3]Saturday, 14 January 2012[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Rams v Cov [/size][size=3]15:00 [/size]

[size=3]Saturday, 21 January 2012[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Burnley[/size][size=3] v Rams, 15:00 [/size]

[size=3]Tuesday, 31 January 2012Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Barnsley[/size][size=3] v Rams 19:45 [/size]

[size=3]Sunday, 5 February 2012[/size][size=3] Npower Championship[/size]

[size=3]Rams v Red Dogs[/size][size=3] 12:15 [/size]

[size=3]Think that we are in a stronger position squad wise than we were at the same stage last season, as we now have more options in defence and midfield and players to come back soon[/size]

[size=3]in attack. [/size]

Before the season started there was a poll about where we would finnish, if i remember rightly about half thought we would finnish mid table, me included, i saia then and i say now,we are about 3 decent players (not withstanding injuries) away from a top 6 chasing side.

If NC can get rid of the players he wants off the books (all top earners i believe ?),and use similar money to bring those 3 in, then 2012 will be interesting to watch.

If not, then i fear that even my caution about mid table will be tested, lots got carried away with our great start, but now the bubble has burst i hope the yanks etc can find it in their wallets to allow NC to get at least 3 DECENT players in, we still need a propper striker, a creative midfielder, a defensive midfield 'general'.

The yanks said they had a 3 year plan, for their 'Global Brand', hellooooooo this is year 3 !!

Put your hands in your pockets,Global Brands cost more than peanuts, unless your branding monkeys 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

It must be perfectly clear to everyone by now that all this board cares about is making money. They are not passionate supporters, they see Derby County as a business investment. Hopefully, someone soon will make them an offer and they will sell up. Fingers crossed it will be some super rich "Dave Whelan type" who regularly dips into his/their pockets to provide funds for a team worthy of the fan base and facilities that Derby have.

It must be perfectly clear to everyone by now that all this board cares about is making money. They are not passionate supporters, they see Derby County as a business investment.

Doesn't this apply to 95% of boards across the country?

Football is a business and the aim of a business is to make money, nobody buys a football club now for a laugh and to chuck gold coins into.

Football is a business and the aim of a business is to make money, nobody buys a football club now for a laugh and to chuck gold coins into.

But are 95% of clubs run by a CEO employed by the owners, and do the 95% have owners that only attend a handful of matches ( if that ) per season ?

Do our current owners even care about DCFC, or have they bought into something that given their time again wouldnt touch in a month of Sundays, my guess is the latter.

I have no problem with a club being run as a business, but it would be nice if they had some interest in the team and supporters, where as we have a board whose loyalties are 100% with pleasing owners that are 1000's of miles away.

Are you sure D, I would say that anyone with a minuscule of business knowhow would not buy a football club to make money, seriously.

not the old ' football is a business" argument. What other business would expect their customers to continue to stump up for a substandard product while being economical with the truth about future improvements to the said product.

And under what other circumstances would customers of a ' business' put up with such a poor product while paying 9 months in advance for the service.

It has been said before that the supporters cannot change things. Well i have'nt bought a season ticket last season or this and the discovery of a loan that has to be repaid every summer shows that we can be very influential. A season ticket boycott is well overdue and without supporters cash the americans will not fund this loan out of their own pockets.

I have said it before on the old forum without a change of manager and owners this club will slowly die of apathy. People wonder why there is no atmosphere in the ground, its because its full of people who will accept any old crap rather than be accused of being disloyal. Those passionate supporters such as myself who harbour ambition for my team and appreciate quality football have long since stopped going. COYR's ,goodbye Glick and clough

But are 95% of clubs run by a CEO employed by the owners, and do the 95% have owners that only attend a handful of matches ( if that ) per season ?

Do our current owners even care about DCFC, or have they bought into something that given their time again wouldnt touch in a month of Sundays, my guess is the latter.

I have no problem with a club being run as a business, but it would be nice if they had some interest in the team and supporters, where as we have a board whose loyalties are 100% with pleasing owners that are 1000's of miles away.

They continue to lose money and the team is crap as well, as I have said on here many times before Mr Glick's record is not too good. He should do the honourable thing and stand down and let somebody else have a go.

They continue to lose money and the team is crap as well, as I have said on here many times before Mr Glick's record is not too good. He should do the honourable thing and stand down and let somebody else have a go.

I highly doubt GSE are losing money, I would have thought any debts were against the club. I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job than Tom Glick, but then I have no facts or sources inside the club to tell me whether we'll be in profit any time soon. Of course I wouldn't complain if someone decided to pump £10million into the club out of the kindness of his heart.

We had to get a mortgage to get a bigger capacity, I'm glad we did it when we did, as the higher gates will eventually pay for themselves. Once the mortgage is paid off (no idea how long maybe 10? more years at a complete guess) but that will free us up. Think I might have gone a bit wayward here, but the underlining point is, our finances aren't f**ked up and we aren't about to go bankrupt. And when we are established as a top half Championship team, we'll have a steady 25,000+ average attendance, our wage bill will be within budget. Gonna trail off now, ranting, haven't even had a beer .....

I'd like someone to ask Tom Clit. "if derby did somehow get promoted under GSE would they ...

A- have the money to spend to stay in the top flight

B- be WILLING to pump mayb 10-15 mil in the team. Cause that's what u need to spend

C- To keep dcfc in top flight it requires pumping considerable amounts each transfer window. Look at where stoke are now. How much they spent since being promoted ?

The answer is no I think, I think they hope to get us promoted then sell us and make a few mil each. That's all well and good but what if we end up with some crook like brum city or now Portsmouth.

Derby need a hard tackling midfielder, a seth Johnson type, someone who will throw in a crunching tackle when needed, enough to give the rest of the team and the crowd a lift!!

A player like seyi olofinjana!

I wouldnt say we are even desperate for a left back, Roberts is a steady 6.5 player,

Though I like clough I do question his persuasion skills, we could of loaned Matt Oakley but he apparently chose wallsall over us!!

Waghorn chose hull! Y???

Why isn't he selling the club to bigger teams, non league players or lower league players will want to come here for the step up but why are players with higher caliber choosing smaller teams over the mighty rams??

Great idea....because that queue of people wanting to buy our great club that snakes down the road every day is really startiing to get on my nerves.

Mr Glick's desk must be buckling under the weight of contracts from multi billionaires all wanting to buy Derby County.....!

Great idea....because that queue of people wanting to buy our great club that snakes down the road every day is really startiing to get on my nerves.

Mr Glick's desk must be buckling under the weight of contracts from multi billionaires all wanting to buy Derby County.....!

I bet PG would have us 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

And do 95% of the boards spend no money they tend to find some funds not rely on outgoings to fund incomings. Not every board has billionnairs on their books. Coming up to XMAS hope the 3 spirits visits our board and impress on them the season of good will and buy the three players they promised at the beginning of the season

Archived