Christmas Day in your house.

ladyram

Come on then, I'm a nosy beggar! How does Christmas go down in your house? Are you up with the lark waiting for the kids to wake up - or are you a Scrooge and think the whole things a bit humbug?

Are you - like me - a slave to the cooker (I have to admit I love it though but it's not a good idea for me to get rat arsed on Christmas morn, it doesn't mix well with having to deal with boiling hot goose fat!!! or are you either going to a rellies house or taking your beloved other out for a slap up with some beggar else doing all the cooking?

Put all your Christmas rituals down here campers, whether they be super duper festive or lacking a bit of Christmas cheer!

Soz, title meant to say your and not you. Doh.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wake Up..

Take a poo..

Eat Dinner..

Take a 2 hour poo.

Get drunk.

Go to bed.

Not really I'll wake up at home ( living with my mum.)

Open Presents and stuff..

Nip to see my dad..

Nip to see my grandma..

Go to my girlfriends..

Going for dinner at the gateway hotel in N***s with her family..

Come back and get drunk.

Pretty basic really.

Normally would come back home for Xmas but I'm going to stay with my grandad Xmas eve this year as he is all alone or the first Xmas ever. Then pop round to my mums early doors, pick up my brother and go see our dad. Back to mums for dinner then off to see the girlfriend. Steady.

Not on the booze Xmas day, saving it for the day after...

Edit: Come to think of it, how **** is getting older? I miss being 8 years old when everyone would come visit me! Now it's me doing the running about.

Up about 10.00am

full English glass of champers

Start preparing dinner for full family invasion at 2.00pm

Open pressies

Dinner

everyone gets slaughtered except me

Off to work at 20.30.....deep joy 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

I love the whole thing. I'll start doing all me prep on Christmas Eve but I leave the wrapping to Dav cos I'm crap. Not kidding, I can't even wrap a book properly!

Christmas morn usually starts when it's still daft 0'clock, youngest will dive on the bed, so we have no choice but to wake up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> . Then I have to have me coffee otherwise I can't function and watch the kids open their pressies. I normally spend the next hour or 2 getting all them plastic tie wrap thingys off the fookin toys. Aren't they just a pain in the arse!

What follows is mayhem all over the house but I retire to my calm kitchen and cook enough food to feed the bloody street and I put the radio on and listen to Shakin Stevens belting out Merry Christmas Everyone. Inbetween I'll phone me ma and other rellies.

I'm very good mind, I won't have any wine until I sit down to eat and I can guarantee I'll be pissed within ten minutes. I'll leave the pots to Dav and watch Liz make her speech, then dip me hand in choccies while Bond's on. After that it's board game time, usually Monopoly or whatever the kids fancy, watch Eastenders, Noel's Christmas Presents if I get time and Dav'll have a kip.

The kids'll go to bed and we'll watch a bit o telly, no doubt Morecambe & Wise repeats but it's still great.

Sorted.

The missus loves all the family stuff, this year we are feeding my mum and dad, her mum, the daughter, son-in-law, and two grandaughters....moaning about a housefull, yet missing the son who lives in South America. Time was when we would go round our parents, now we cater for them.

Its all lovely and everything but really, deep down, I'd rather spend the day walking the dog along a beach before eating and drinking stupidly then falling asleep on the sofa watching The Great Escape................

All the stress that builds up will be unleashed on boxing day.....we all fookin hate Leeds........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Not much different to a normal Monday, wake up service myself in the bathroom, open presents, breakfast, missus goes to her mums instead of work, I kick arse on Call of Duty, missus comes home, eat, watch TV, missus has a headache so an early night keeping my hands to myself.

Ho Ho Ho

Drive home down the M1, 5 junctions only (hopefully not much traffic on it for the one day of the year), get in, put turkey in oven, put on new Xmas jumper and slippers which I always get and eat/drink with lovely men (Dad, partner, sons). Please work out this year - had swine flu last year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Drive home down the M1, 5 junctions only (hopefully not much traffic on it for the one day of the year), get in, put turkey in oven, put on new Xmas jumper and slippers which I always get and eat/drink with lovely men (Dad, partner, sons). Please work out this year - had swine flu last year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Bloody hell, that's bad. Hope this festive season is a vast improvement for ya Ewe!

On a different note campers, we all think Jesus was born on December 25th but I don't think that's strictly true - wasn't he born in March? From what I remember from me history, when Jesus was born, December didn't exist as isn't it true the year ended in October? Wasn't it something to do with the Greek alphabet ending with O for Omega being the last letter of the alphabet?

Archived