Modern Warfare 3

Day

Heads up people,

These Xbox games, modern warfare and call of duty, do they have a points system? Do you collect points?

My lad recently bought points from Xbox (without my permission) about 1000, I keep hearing him talking to the other lads on line via his head set. It's obvious that they are asking him for money or points?

Can you transfer points to another xbox user? He says that the points that he is talking about are not the ones that he bought off my credit card, but ones earned on COD.

Just wondered, before I thrash him with a stick and march round to his "friends" homes with a large bat.

Of course, I jest about the thrashing, but my lad has learning difficulties and I am concerned he is being mis lead into giving away points that he/I have bought for him to buy extra items,

Cheers, sorry I know jack ***** about these games.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well you can set up parental controls on the xbox and keep an eye out so no-one takes advantage of him Boycie. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The only points I know about is xbox live points which cost money to buy, there might be other kinds of points of which I am not aware of though.

As far as I am aware if he has brought something on his xbox, microsoft points game content etc then it isn't transferable to another xbox. The only COD recently that deals with points is black ops and you can't give them away you gamble them (they aren't brought you earn them in game) so you should be ok.....

As far as I am aware if he has brought something on his xbox, microsoft points game content etc then it isn't transferable to another xbox. The only COD recently that deals with points is black ops and you can't give them away you gamble them (they aren't brought you earn them in game) so you should be ok.....

Should be ok then mate, unless it's just good old fashioned " give us yer pocket money" Xbox stylie?

Should be ok then mate,  unless it's just good old fashioned " give us yer pocket money" Xbox stylie?

Unless he has your credit/debit card I don't think there is a way for them to get anything of him. The only other way is if he has the pre paid cards and gives them the code.

They might be pressuring him in to gambling though mate, as bad as nicking them if they know they have the upper hand in game play. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

why the little!

Oh well, he's gone round to play with one of them at there house now. Yes! he's walked outside in the fresh air!

Microsoft live points cannot be transferred to other consoles/accounts. However "some" kids on Live do send you messages saying for x amount of microsoft points they will let you join a 10th prestige lobby and unlock all levels, guns, emblems etc.

I'm guessing to pay you'd buy a points scratchcard and send them the code.

You also get people spamming websites offering unlimited Microsoft points, just give them your logo details.

Best thing is to change his privacy settings which only allow people on his friends list to talk and send messages to him, yeah he can still add them as friends but he wouldn't get the messages from those people anyway..

The words "NOOB TUBE" !

If I want to use a grenade launcher on my gun to blow you up..... don't call me this. I'm just smarter than you because I carry more ammo!

I would like to see if we could come up with a different saying to get back at these yanks.

I will use it every time im online...

• 1 month later...

Given up on it.

Got Elite with the HE so downloaded the new maps as they came out. Not particularly impressed with any of them so stopped playing the elite playlists. Upon releasing the maps as a map pack they've now integrated them into general rotation. Not particularly liking this move I decided to delete the maps from my HD to stop me having to play them. Since then, I've found it much harder to get into decent lobbies through matchmaking. Very quickly goes through a search of 50m/s ping lobbies, and then 75m/s ping lobbies, and then starts in earnest searching for 100m/s ping ones, which are ghastly. I took that as my sign to bow out.

I've since gone back to CoD4. Again. Still full lobbies and minimal hacking/glitching.

I bought a PS3 and been playing on that over the last few months, picked up WaW, MW2, BO and MW3. Been playing them all to mix things up abit, I don't hate MW3 but it doesn't hold my interest for long.

I've got Elite on Xbox and played Liberation (is it), horrible camp fest of a map, Piazza with the spawns can be a nightmare (i only play tdm) and I haven't bothered to go back on and download the rest.

Kinda enjoying Black Ops again, problem is it can get pretty laggy as I haven't paid the £30 they want for the map packs.

Archived