Modern Warfare 3

Day

Considering that Commando's apparently been taken out, how come I get lunge-knifed more in this than MW2?!

There seems to be a few things that happen in this that we're told shouldn't. Commando is one, another I've had a couple of examples of earlier is people walking straight through claymores. Initially I thought fair enough as stalker pro and the ballistic vest would probably prevent them from being killed. Then I started planting claymores and moving to a position where I could still see them from a distance. There were at least 2 or 3 occasions where people literally walked straight through them. There was no sign that they'd even triggered them, which should happen with both the ballistic vest and stalker pro.

Picked up Skyrim earlier, think that may be getting a playing earlier than expected if this keeps up.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still loving it, still a few bullsh!t things in the game but that's COD and you get used to it.

A few more ranks till I prestige, think I'm around 74 now and rocking a 2k/d.

Claymores I've only seen a couple of times, don't see any reason to use them in this game. Bouncing Betty's on the other hand are deadly. Picked up a ton of double and triple kills placing them on the edge of corridors.

If they tweak a few of the guns, perks and spawns this could be a classic COD.

I have noticed with knifing people that if you are standing right next to them the chances are you won't get them but if you are a fair distance away you will lunge towards them.

My cousin ran over a bouncing betty last night, I was behind with sitrep on told him to stop but he carried on running and just ran over the top of it, and it didn't explode?!?

I have had a really good run thurs night/fri morning my kills were 80 behind deaths I am now 20 in front, but still having a game where I am top then next I will be near the bottom then next top and so on, gets very frustrating at times!!

Yep, I don't think it would take much tweaking.

The maps are taking a lambasting at the moment, but I don't think they're as bad as some are making out. There are a few that I don't like (Carbon, Interchange), but most are ok, and some are very good (Paris, Underground, Dome).

Spawning needs sorting out - I'm constantly amazed at how neither IW or Treyarch ever learn. Just wish that they weren't so pig-headed about no longer doing public beta testing.That kind of thing would be discovered and fixed through the beta.

Claymores are practically worthless on this one. CoD4, MW2 and BlOps, Claymore pick you up dozens of kills. So far on MW3 I must have had 2/3 max.

Probably my major gripe at the moment - everything here appears to be geared towards run and gunning. From the map design, to the nerfing of defensive equipment, to the overpowerment of the UMP (again!). Would surprise me if they patch unlimited sprint back in at some point! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

The annoying thing is, most if not all of this is fixable. Just hope they're listening to the feedback. At the moment it's stopping this from being a great game.

I have noticed with knifing people that if you are standing right next to them the chances are you won't get them but if you are a fair distance away you will lunge towards them.

Yeah, I've had that. Right next to them, swipe at them, miss, dead by shot to the face. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

My cousin ran over a bouncing betty last night, I was behind with sitrep on told him to stop but he carried on running and just ran over the top of it, and it didn't explode?!?

Yeah, exactly what's happening to me and claymores. I think the difference here, with the claymores at least, is that the direction lines mean everything, whereas before they've mean't nothing. On previous games if you go anywhere near a claymore you're setting it off. On this one I think you have to pass through the exact direction that the claymore is facing. Either that or it's completely fooked up.

I like the maps apart from Interchange and Bakkari as they turn into a snipefest even on Kill Confirmed.

Funny thing is people moan its too much like MW2 then they moan about the maps. The maps are different and you have to change your playstyle, camping doesn't work nor does charging round the map like a lunatic.

Having a decent set of headphones and sound whoring is the way to go...well it's working for me anyhow.

lol - may have to break out the turtlebeach gear then!

I've yet to hear anyone say that they like Interchange.

I don't mind Bakaara. I don't snipe much, and usually take the opportunity on Bakaara to indulge.

Carbon usually ends with everyone camping in the most cynical places that they can find.

I'm not too keen on the paris map, 1st time I played it I got a very embarrassing 0 for 20 got 7 assists the other team were running around in 3s I start shooting 1 guy and the other 2 just popped out of nowhere and shot me. Another match me and this guy had a running battle where between us we killed each other about 10 times as we respwaned in the same place (round the corner from where we just died)

I like outpost, everyone does the same thing, straight to the tower and bunker and wait for people in the back path where the jeep is, and have the battle in that area, hardly anyone goes through the hanger, I go through and sneak behind kill 4/5/6 easily.

People seem to get drawn to 1 area on each map and battle it out there the maps aren't being used in full yet and I can't believe how many people are camping still (which doesn't help) there was 1 guy last night, respawned went to nearest corner, died respwaned went to nearest corner, repeat x15 that was his game, 1 match he got 2 for 19 how bored must he have been?

What kill-streaks does everyone use? I use the support streaks, which I think is a fantastic idea!!

I very rarely use assault now, because streaks are much harder to maintain.

With support you're pretty much guaranteed to get the high end rewards every game. I always have UAV as it's so handy, and I always have the stealth bomber as it yields easy kills. Beyond that I change between the ballistic vests, care package trap and emergency airdrop.

My main problem at the moment is the 'chance encounters' - the ones where you go around a corner and someone's coming the other way. I almost always either get stabbed before I can stab them, or just get shot first with one shot. Always seem like I empty a clip into them and fail to put them down, while they get one shot away that takes me straight down.

Enjoying playing when I get the chance.

Level 31 now but not played on 4 days this week.

Some of the maps are great, and as other have said if you avoid the bottle necks,

or actually use flash bangs and frag before you start running round

Corners you will be fine. If not your more than likely going

To bite the bullet from someone cross hairing the spot.

It calls for a bit more sensible play I feel.

Unless your running quick draw you will more than likely loose

In a round the corner meet( or you stand stationary as you fire)

I like te fact that on most maps a bit of nounce helps.

Hoepfully the bugs will be sorted as they update but so far plays better

Than mw2 and black ops.

Juggernaut geeks do my nut, but a well placed flash bang followed by

An rpg sorts them out.

Beware of playing the sacrifice role on kill confirmed though as it

Hammers your k/d %:-(

Tdm I like support as it is much more team orientated.

Uav, Sam & either aduav or stealth bomber.

Also learning good grenade spots is helpful.

I can't remember the name of the African villiage with the white buildings

But throwing a grenade into the popular sniping spot in the ruin above the lower kill zone is

Funny when your no where to be seen:-)

so far plays better than mw2 and black ops.

Yeah, I thought that to begin with as well.

A week later and I've realised that I was wrong. MW3 introduces some nice new touches, but ultimately the maps are fairly bland, a lot of the pointstreak rewards are largely uninspiring and the spawning system is just absolutely terrible. That's without even getting into 'lag compensation'.

I played MW2 last week for the first time in over 12 months, it's far more stable than MW3. At the moment it's even odds on whether I go back to MW2 or BlOps when I inevitably trade in MW3.

Started the single player campaign last night, finished it this morning on Veteran. Have to say I'm abit disappointed, don't get me wrong it was good (far better than BF3's crap), I just found it wayyyyyy too easy, maybe I'm just amazing now but COD4 and MW2 gave me a few raging moments, still not completed the skydive to safety on 4.

Be interesting to see where IW goes next with their single player story.

I enjoyed the sp campaign. Certainly made more sense than mw2.

I doubt I'll be picking up the next IW game. It was a concern going in that all the real talent has left with West and Zampella. Sadly MW3's mediocre mp looks to have realised those fears.

I'll be keeping an eye on what Respawn are coming out with instead.

Anyone else seen the lag on the PS3? It's a bloody trainwreck, several times the game literally froze entirely and kicked everyone out. Shocking.

I've not really switched to any other gun than the starter asault rifle when i've been playing with friends online, that with the suppresser is absoloutely lethal. UMP45 is the only other option for me if it's close quarters too often.

Just seems to me a little bit....... 'meh'. Battlefield is better for me, though EA servers are awful so it'll be the PC version, perfect connection on there usually. I'll be getting it if a few of my mates are still playing it at Crimbo, but nothing special.

Hope Treyarch pull something out of the bag next time, the series needs a fresh start.

I enjoyed the sp campaign. Certainly made more sense than mw2.

I doubt I'll be picking up the next IW game. It was a concern going in that all the real talent has left with West and Zampella. Sadly MW3's mediocre mp looks to have realised those fears.

I'll be keeping an eye on what Respawn are coming out with instead.

You say that but November 2013 you will be off to Tesco at midnight for a copy 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived