Modern Warfare 3

David

I love my shooters, i've ran online clans with 30 people on them etc, I just don't want to buy a sh1te game is all.

I don't mind getting shot, I just don't want the game screwing me over through poor design. Wish Wolfteam hadn't been ruined by the developers going for the money, I could've played for years.

Battlefield might be too much for my PC so i'm a little stuck.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just looking for a spawn system that works, which would be nice considering all the money they get for those sales.

They must get more funding than any other game series out there, and yet with all those fans and income they can't seem to create a game that doesn't have some level of real bullsh1t.

I'm looking at other online PC shooters, Alliance of Valiant Arms looks worth a go.

I'm not a fan of the spawning, but things are getting a little better now that people have learned the maps and teams are a bit more able to hold defensive lines. It's not been as bad in the last couple of days as it was for the week after release.

It's fair enough that they wanted to make the game faster-paced like CoD4, but they needed to design the maps differently to make it like CoD4. As it is there's way too many rat-runs on nearly every map. In CoD4 it was gun-on-gun predominantly, but you could still snipe effectively, because the maps catered to both styles of play, they were a bit more open. At the moment you're overly prone to 'chance' encounters as you run around corners. Sadly those are usually decided by whoever has the better connection (taking lag compensation into account!), rather than skill.

Will definitely give the MP7 a try, the prospect of something more powerful than the dual FMGs is a frightening thing!

^^ We can but hope that it's addressing the spawning but I honestly doubt that there's much they can do about that. It's just the way the maps flow. As you say, maybe a tweak here or there to stop you literally spawning on top of people but that's about it.

I had a good night last night, about 7 hours of play, only a couple of negative games, but my K/D moved hardly at all, think it went from 1.33 to 1.34. Seems that I've found my level!

That's all I ask for is the actual spawning on top of people or in the line of fire. Also when spawning on a team mate don't drop him right on top of me, that crap is annoying when someone thinks they can run straight through you.

Pretty sure we're going to see more open and bigger maps when they get released, not sure I'd want anything like Wasteland tho.

My K/D was at 2.11 before I prestiged, had a rough time without all my setups, probably do the same again as I'm rank 79 so another prestige is just round the corner.

Luckily I had 5 prestige tokens to spend when I prestiged, so ended up permanently unlocking the FAD, Assassin, bouncing betties and the M60, together with an additional custom class. The FAD is a beast with or without attachments so I didn't suffer too much.

It wouldn't surprise me if the early maps don't include some of the classic maps. It's already rumoured and speculated that the likes of Overgrown will make their way onto MW3. I'd love to see that again. Crossfire was another one mentioned. Wouldn't mind that either, my favourite map from CoD4.

Lol - know what you mean about team mates spawning right on top of you. Had one game the other night, I was in the corner of a room with my back to the wall and people were literally dropping in on top of me. Think it spawned something like 3 people on me in 10 seconds.

[url=

It's worth giving that a quick watch, you can fix your connection but he points out a good point about why the lag is being a bit dodgy. Some folk are petitioning the developers about it, hopefully they'll fix that along with the spawns.

Thing is, it actually worked pretty well in BlOPs, so it can be used properly, Treyarch proved that.

Sadly, as with many other aspects of the game, it's just a case of (Fake) IW and Sledge being incredibly sloppy.

IW really crack me up at times - on the one hand they bend over backwards to accommodate quick/no-scopers, yet on the other seemingly have no problem in screwing over anyone with a decent connection.

Well the number of muppets playing the game can't be argued, there's plenty of them!

On the rare occasion that I snipe, I've set up with Blind Eye, Assassin and a suppressor - found myself a nice spot to pick off a few people, and some thick **** comes and sits right next to me firing off an LMG lighting the map up like a christmas tree.

And yes, air support - doesn't bother me, until I get someone stuck to me like glue who's clearly not using Blind Eye. Pr1cks.

Archived