Good first team. Weak Squad.

StephenDCFC

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're confusing the meanings of the words "should" and "will".

If someone says they should do something but can't do something then that is not lying, by anyone's definition. And we know for we've called about James Perch, but Newcastle wanted him as cover. Most clubs are going to give him that answer.

Okay, okay i will hold my hands up and say i got that wrong, but the amount of times hes said we should this and we should that, and then nothing happens, is a hell of a lot of times. im going to wait untill January then see what happens then, i dont want to be sent to court or anything 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'm still amazed that some fans think O'Brien is better than a fully fit Barker. As much as O'Brien is a decent prospect, it isn't even close.

As soon as Barker is fully fit, he'll be straight back in the team.

Now Hendrick v Bailey is going to be interesting.

I agree this is the player who came to us injured from Blackpool who played only the second half of the season and got player of the year. You then have him last year play 2/3rds of the season with a knackered knee. He would be doing the same again this year if not for Shackell coming in.

Barker and Shackell with Brayford and Roberts with O'brien as back up for the second half of the season will be fantastic. Barker has been one of the main reasons we have stopped up 2 yrs in a row and he has never been fit. He will be coming back fit and personally can not wait for him to be paired up with Shacks. Now that is a centre half partnership. (Bris please do not comment on this as we all know your view on Barks....not having a go just know the comment you will put on lol).

O'Brien learning from the two of those in trainiing will do nothing but improve him and his confidence.

If everyone was fit I would go with

Fielding

Brayford

Barker

Shackell

Roberts

B Davies

Bailey

Bryson

Ward

Tyson

S Davies

Subs

Legzdins

O'Brien

Hendrick

Maguire

Robinson

This is harsh on Riggott, Green and Cywka who could come into the 16 and not weaken it if fully fit.

If you take all our best starting 11 and put em in, its quite a good team, but when injuries start happening we haven't got no one to come in and step up to the side.

Against Cardiff it says on the moan-in that, O' brien is out and Robinson is out.

Now that them two are out, were going to have to play Kilbane who is about 80 years old and a Left back, at centre back cause were lacking players at centre back, and now Robinson will be out we only have a school boy or a Callum Ball to stick up top. Maguire looks more of a forward who plays behind the striker

We can play Wardy up top but i dont think he see's much off the ball there, i find him more affective when hes out wide.

I just want to see peoples views on the overall squad?

I think you could argue the exact opposite-that we have a squad with lots of players good enough to be in the first eleven, but maybe missing that extra couple of players that would turn the first team from a good tight outift to promotion quality. Perfect position to be in really. By the end of next summer, I think we'll have 2-3 more Shackell quality signings and we'll be one of the best teams in the league. Runaway promotion the next season will be ideal, going up to the Prem with a good team that won't require loads of extra investment aka Swansea and Norwich.

Mine....

Fielding

Brayford

Barker

Shackell

Roberts

B Davies

Bailey

Bryson

Ward

Maguire (Tyson, if he is as good as he thinks he is)

Theo (theo, theo!)

Subs

Legzdins

O'Brien

Hendrick

Tyson (if he is as good as I suspect)

Cwyka

If we can keep this lot fit S.Davies, Green, Leacock, Pearson, Buxton and Croft can go- especially with youngsters expected to make the step up.

If we're talking 4-4-2 which we're playing at the mo I'd go

--------------------Fielding

Brayford------Barker-----Shackel-------Roberts

Bavies--------Bailey-----Bryson----------Ward

-------------Maguire-----Robinson

Or iff Nigel intentends to go 4-1-3-2 I'd go with

--------------------Fielding

Brayford------Barker-----Shackel-------Roberts

---------------------Bailey-----

Bavies-------------Bryson--------------Ward

-------------Maguire-----Robinson

Subs

Leds

O'Brien

Green

Tyson

Cwyka

A lot of you will say what about Hendrick or Croft or Bennett or (yes B4) Ball but isn't this answering the point of the thread, we have a deep enough squad to have these problems. So really the squad when fully fit is well stocked, it's only due to so many injuries that it's looking so threadbare. Compared to previous season we'd be up to our nuts in loanees by now..

Its not just us that doesnt have a fully fit squad. Infact its not too often when any team has every single player available for a prolonged period. I remember last year donny tried to call a game off because they had about 15 players out. So other teams will also be saying if they had a fully fit squad they would be doin much better. Anyway the only injured players that would slot automatically back into our team would be barks and brayford

Other teams miss 2,3,4 key players at a time and get worried. We're missing Barker, Brayford, Bailey and Green who were all major players last year. Then we've got 2 (now 3) strikers out. Tyson would be Nigel's first choice. Then Davies and now Robinson.

That's like 7+ players who would be starting games that are all out injured. Not many teams get it that bad.

Always us and Doncaster. Lightning strikes the same place twice alright!!

Might be feeling sorry for ourselves slightly, but we seem to get it far worse than most. I don't believe, as some do, that it has anything to do with the medical staff. But i do believe we have had to put up with far more injuries to key players than anyone except Doncaster in this division.

We're fielding 3 teenagers that we never intended to play. Each in different areas of the field. It seems like we get injuries worse than most to me.

.....................................Frankie........................

....baker.....................shaack.....................riggott....

Brayford..................Bailey.......................Kilbane?....... still havent got LB sorted.

............Davies............Bryson.............Ward............

.......................Maguire/s davies/tyson........................

legs

OB

Hendrick

Roberts

then mystery forward

full squad and poor old nige has a head ache....personally id favour a change in formation when everyone is fit... some sort of pentagon but then again we dont know whos the best forward yet.....im suprised theos kept his spot in some of the fantasy line ups... full strength i cant see him on the bench...fair play to him for doing his best standing in mind

If you take all our best starting 11 and put em in, its quite a good team, but when injuries start happening we haven't got no one to come in and step up to the side.

Against Cardiff it says on the moan-in that, O' brien is out and Robinson is out.

Now that them two are out, were going to have to play Kilbane who is about 80 years old and a Left back, at centre back cause were lacking players at centre back, and now Robinson will be out we only have a school boy or a Callum Ball to stick up top. Maguire looks more of a forward who plays behind the striker

We can play Wardy up top but i dont think he see's much off the ball there, i find him more affective when hes out wide.

I just want to see peoples views on the overall squad?

Are you being serious?

We have played the whole season with constant injuries in key positions and we're sitting 5th how is that a weak squad? if anything shows how much strength in depth we have in our side.

Our depth is terrible, if only we had another 3 or 4 goalkeepers.

I think it's awful that if Theo is out, we may have to turn to Mason Bennett, he's awful, it's not like he's already had a start ahead of other fit strikers on merit or anything.

If only we had an excuse for our meagre 5th place, if only we could gripe that our captain, arguably our best midfielder and our no. 1 striker have been missing all season, but alas, we'll just have to make do with 5th for now, without excuses.

Is 5th still in the relegation zone, I forget.

If everyone was fit I think I would go for..

-------------------------------------------Fielding

Brayford------------------Barker---------------------Shackell--------------Roberts

BenDavies---------------Bryson--------------------Bailey------------------Ward

-----------------------Tyson------------------------------------SDavies

Legzdins

O'Brien

Hendrick

Maguire

Robinson

Happy with that harsh on the two young lads though, from what Ive seen of Maguire he could certainly step into that 11 he looks very sharp.

Archived