Good first team. Weak Squad.

StephenDCFC

If you take all our best starting 11 and put em in, its quite a good team, but when injuries start happening we haven't got no one to come in and step up to the side.

Against Cardiff it says on the moan-in that, O' brien is out and Robinson is out.

Now that them two are out, were going to have to play Kilbane who is about 80 years old and a Left back, at centre back cause were lacking players at centre back, and now Robinson will be out we only have a school boy or a Callum Ball to stick up top. Maguire looks more of a forward who plays behind the striker

We can play Wardy up top but i dont think he see's much off the ball there, i find him more affective when hes out wide.

I just want to see peoples views on the overall squad?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says OB will have injection and should play!!

U say overall squad!! We have possibly ( without counting) 10-12 players out injured yet still turned a high spending Pompey team with ease and have still managed to pick up points!! We only a few players short of a great champ team

When you look at other clubs squads who will also be looking for a mid-table finish I think we have a team and squad that is more than capable....when all fit.

What this club has that others don't is a ridiculous amount of injuries, we have to deal with that as we have done in previous seasons under Clough. You could call it a lack of investment which is the way this thread will go but we have a much bigger squad than alot of clubs in this league and a real problem with injuries which seriously needs looking at.

I actually think the injuries have been a blessing in disguise..

Let's face it, O'Brien and Hendrick would be limited to chances as would Maguire and perhaps Robinson had Green, Barker, Tyson, S.Davies, Bailey etc.. all been fit.. The only person I miss who is out is Bailey..

I believe the ones that have come in are better than the more 'high profile' names that are out..

We're also not the only ones to have a bunch of players missing, luckily for us though, when called upon the youth players have fitted in quite nicely.. I think only Reading, Watford, Palace, Boro, Derby and Barnsley are the only clubs who have not been afraid to play the youth.. Incidentally 3 of those are in the playoffs and the other 3 (especially Reading) will be looking at midtable or higher this season.

Many others have just panic buyed during the window or brought in a shed load of loans.. I'm pretty sure Blackpool, Brighton, Pompey and Donny have squads just made up of loans..

See, people are going to say "typical, derby fan moaning when we're 5th"

Where as I prefer to see it that if we could field our strongest 11 we'd be even better ATM. Whats wrong with saying that?

Why should we settle for 5th? Why can we not have a little moan about our problems unless we're 15th? 18th?

As happy as I am with our season (and anywhere near midtable is surely enough to keep everyone satisfied). I would of thought it would frustrating for everyone that we could be doing better.

Being 5th shouldn't mean you can't have no complaints

Being 18th doesn't have to be suicidal.

It doesn't matter where we are. This Derby side could be better. That can be seen as exciting and frustrating.

Can't wait to have Barker, Bailey,Brayford, Green and some striking options back. How can missing those players not be frustrating. Some of those are key players and will improve the technical side of our game.

Being 5th is bittersweet ATM. We could be even better quite easily.

Its not just us that doesnt have a fully fit squad. Infact its not too often when any team has every single player available for a prolonged period. I remember last year donny tried to call a game off because they had about 15 players out. So other teams will also be saying if they had a fully fit squad they would be doin much better. Anyway the only injured players that would slot automatically back into our team would be barks and brayford

If you take all our best starting 11 and put em in, its quite a good team, but when injuries start happening we haven't got no one to come in and step up to the side.

Against Cardiff it says on the moan-in that, O' brien is out and Robinson is out.

Now that them two are out, were going to have to play Kilbane who is about 80 years old and a Left back, at centre back cause were lacking players at centre back, and now Robinson will be out we only have a school boy or a Callum Ball to stick up top. Maguire looks more of a forward who plays behind the striker

We can play Wardy up top but i dont think he see's much off the ball there, i find him more affective when hes out wide.

I just want to see peoples views on the overall squad?

In case you hadn't noticed, we have 10 first team players out.

We're weak in areas but a weak overall squad we do not have.

Its not just us that doesnt have a fully fit squad. Infact its not too often when any team has every single player available for a prolonged period. I remember last year donny tried to call a game off because they had about 15 players out. So other teams will also be saying if they had a fully fit squad they would be doin much better. Anyway the only injured players that would slot automatically back into our team would be barks and brayford

1 or 2 yeah, but it's not that with Derby. We have to have at least double figures in the treatment room at all times.

I'm still amazed that some fans think O'Brien is better than a fully fit Barker. As much as O'Brien is a decent prospect, it isn't even close.

As soon as Barker is fully fit, he'll be straight back in the team.

Now Hendrick v Bailey is going to be interesting.

See, people are going to say "typical, derby fan moaning when we're 5th"

Where as I prefer to see it that if we could field our strongest 11 we'd be even better ATM. Whats wrong with saying that?

Why should we settle for 5th? Why can we not have a little moan about our problems unless we're 15th? 18th?

As happy as I am with our season (and anywhere near midtable is surely enough to keep everyone satisfied). I would of thought it would frustrating for everyone that we could be doing better.

Being 5th shouldn't mean you can't have no complaints

Being 18th doesn't have to be suicidal.

It doesn't matter where we are. This Derby side could be better. That can be seen as exciting and frustrating.

Can't wait to have Barker, Bailey,Brayford, Green and some striking options back. How can missing those players not be frustrating. Some of those are key players and will improve the technical side of our game.

Being 5th is bittersweet ATM. We could be even better quite easily.

Yeah thats where im coming from, with all the players back, Barker, Tyson, so, on im sure we can keep a consistency and maybe 3rd or maybe even 2nd by the end of the season, im not moaning, but we should get fit players in, and not waste time on buxton and Anderson when they cant go over 3-4 games without picking up an injury.

I think our best team if everyone fit is (in my opinion, with the formation NC uses).

Fielding

Brayford

Shackell ©

O'Brien

Roberts

B.Davies

Bailey

Bryson

Ward

Maguire

Robinson

Subs

Legzdins

Barker

Hendrick

Cywka

Tyson

What about Steve Davies? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

In case you hadn't noticed, we have 10 first team players out.

We're weak in areas but a weak overall squad we do not have.

Yes i agree, but there is a loan market open, and clough said, We are making calls about Right backs and should have one in by Southampton. But then again, im stupid to think that we would have, cause its mostly lies that come out of the americans or cloughs mouth about transfers

Yes i agree, but there is a loan market open, and clough said, We are making calls about Right backs and should have one in by Southampton. But then again, im stupid to think that we would have, cause its mostly lies that come out of the americans or cloughs mouth about transfers

Clough's mostly been telling lies about transfers?

Please give me concrete evidence that this has been the case, I'd really love to see it.

Clough's mostly been telling lies about transfers?

Please give me concrete evidence that this has been the case, I'd really love to see it.

Well, the fact is that he said were getting in a right back, where is he?

We should have a striker in by next week, that was said when Davies got injured? Where is he?

And the evidence is the interviews that hes had with bbc radio derby about them, ive read loads about all these so called transfers that meant to be happening and where are they?

Well, the fact is that he said were getting in a right back, where is he?

We should have a striker in by next week, that was said when Davies got injured? Where is he?

And the evidence is the interviews that hes had with bbc radio derby about them, ive read loads about all these so called transfers that meant to be happening and where are they?

I think you're confusing the meanings of the words "should" and "will".

If someone says they should do something but can't do something then that is not lying, by anyone's definition. And we know for we've called about James Perch, but Newcastle wanted him as cover. Most clubs are going to give him that answer.

He used the term 'should'. If 'should' doesn't happen, it doesn't make him a liar.

The fact that you 'have read loads' about possible transfers doesn't mean anything other than you believe speculation in the papers or on this forum.

I would be very careful going around calling people 'liar' without evidence, or you might find yourself in court.

Archived