Michael Owen..a waste of a great goalscorer

Saunders89

I see Owen scored again tonight, i can't help thinking what a waste of talent that is, he's scored goals wherever he's played ( i know he's injury prone, but when you weight things up surely he's worth a punt), he is still young enough to play for another 3 years at the top, i can't believe someone like Villa don't gamble on him. To see him 5th choice striker at Man Utd seems just a typical waste of talent to me.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll still get his fair share of games this season..

The person who seems most out in the cold is Berbatov, surely he'll want a move in January or next summer..

Welbeck, Young, Rooney, Chicharito and probably Owen are all ahead of him in the pecking order.. So much for a $30mill striker.

Man Utd in general have to big a squad, they've got so many players.. They must have around 40-50 who could realistically expect to play at another PL club and comfortably so.. Problem is, so many are happy at being at there, winning trophies as a part player and picking up the cash.. John O'Shea for example has had one of the luckiest careers in football, far better players in the PL have won nothing like Phil Jagielka, Bacany Sagna, Colocini and Leighton Baines.. Yet John O'Shea has every medal to his name, including a CL medal!

He'll still get his fair share of games this season..

The person who seems most out in the cold is Berbatov, surely he'll want a move in January or next summer..

Welbeck, Young, Rooney, Chicharito and probably Owen are all ahead of him in the pecking order.. So much for a $30mill striker.

Man Utd in general have to big a squad, they've got so many players.. They must have around 40-50 who could realistically expect to play at another PL club and comfortably so.. Problem is, so many are happy at being at there, winning trophies as a part player and picking up the cash.. John O'Shea for example has had one of the luckiest careers in football, far better players in the PL have won nothing like Phil Jagielka, Bacany Sagna, Colocini and Leighton Baines.. Yet John O'Shea has every medal to his name, including a CL medal!

David May or Pegguy Arphexad anyone?

Look at Matt Le Tissier, pretty sure if he joined a more fashionable club, he would have got the accolades he deserved both for club and country, but you had to admire his loyalty, a thing which is missing in modern football!

I see Owen scored again tonight, i can't help thinking what a waste of talent that is, he's scored goals wherever he's played ( i know he's injury prone, but when you weight things up surely he's worth a punt), he is still young enough to play for another 3 years at the top, i can't believe someone like Villa don't gamble on him. To see him 5th choice striker at Man Utd seems just a typical waste of talent to me.

Totally agree. Owen would surely be a first choice striker for any side outside of the top 4 or 5. Would that not be preferable to someone of his undoubted ability.

Next years European Championship should be the swansong for Owen. They won't be as he isn't part of the England setup but he should be and would be if he were scoring 15~20 goals a season as he would if he were playing regularly.

England are desperately short upfront hence the reason so many not much better than journeymen strikers are getting call ups. An utter nonsense that Owen isn't playing regularly and a total waste of his talent.

He won a premiership medal last season for 10 sub appearances and about 7 touches in 23 minutes of actual football.

It is the most pathetic medal in the history of sport, he probably displays it proudly too. Great early career, stone-banker to surpass Bobby Charlton's '49'. Waste! He doesn't want to move on because his bottle has gone, if he goes to Villa and is ****, what then? He's happier with his horses anyway.

Archived