Middlesbrough v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough should ask himself what are the midfield doing, Reading, Southampton and Leicester they have gone missing. You can't expect the strikers to do much when the ball rarely leaves our own half. Very harsh on Cywka.

I agree re: Cywka but also think that our midfield is not the one Cloughie envisaged at the start of the season. I think Bailey was going to be the "1" in a 4-1-3-2 and Bryson was earmarked as one of the "3". Hendrick was almost ready but not such a regular starter. I am not sure who else could go in there to help out (Pearson!!) with Green and Bailey still injured. I think that Davies S injury has meant his inability to hold up and chase back has been overlooked and Theo can chase with the best of them but cannot hold up for toffee. Perhaps Mason can put his foot on the ball and provide that bit of quality, though crazy to be thinking of a 15 year old in those terms!

This is what happens when you have a board who refuse to spend any money. A winger at right back and a schoolboy up front. I ******* hate these Yanks.

The schoolboy up front has nothing to do with the yanks! It's Clough's decision! We have way more expirience in Maguire, Cywka and even Ball.

The schoolboy up front has nothing to do with the yanks! It's Clough's decision! We have way more expirience in Maguire, Cywka and even Ball.

Yes, but none of these come close to being of the quality needed to sustain a top six place, which is why Nigel is experimenting with a 15 year old. The continued lack of investment is strangling this team's promise.

Archived