Aidan White

CumbrianRam

"He is out of contract, so we can talk about him a bit more freely," said Clough.

"We rate Aidan very highly but the problem we have is getting him within the budget if we want to sign all the players we want.

"We think he is a good player and, in an ideal world ,we would like to bring him in but it is probably looking unlikely at the moment."

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry - hit post a bit early

Says it all though, he likes him but I think the 1 other is a striker and unless some money comes in out of the blue this will not be done - sounds like it is GR next season with an emergency loan if anything happens to him. It would have been a surprise to be honest we were in the market fo LB cover and this would have been first choice.

No matter what happens with signings, we need another leftback, there is no two ways about it. We have no cover for the position, a 34 year being our one and only leftback and beyond that, we only have 2 covering the other 3 defensive positions. Surely we'll see movement on someone in the next couple of weeks.

I've narrowed it down to a shortlist:

1. He divined it from water

2. Internal connections within the club

3. Logically deduced it from what the club has said

I'll take option 4... the DET:

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-County-linked-Leeds-United-s-Aidan-White/story-16567882-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-County-linked-Leeds-United-s-Aidan-White/story-16567882-detail/story.html

Sorry, I'd argue that comes under 3 as at no time did they state in there that we'd seek emergency loans for an injury to Roberts. As such this clearly comes under "Logically deduced it from what the club has said".

Sorry, I'd argue that comes under 3 as at no time did they state in there that we'd seek emergency loans for an injury to Roberts. As such this clearly comes under "Logically deduced it from what the club has said".

You've confused deduction with reading...

The first post is a quote (which is what I think North Stand was asking about) was DET as mentioned so that bit I read.

Second post (you will note a lack of quotation marks) was opinion based on some comments clough made a while back which I cannot be arsed to go back and find.

They were about a lad from liverpool (Robinson I think) saying they had kept close tabs on him and had him as a loan target but only if he would get first team football (i.e. GR was injured)

There was another, more recent, comment where he said if they could not find someone of the right quality they would stick with GR (who was a great pro, in great shape etc.) and look to get by if anything happened - after the Mellor thing I figured he would revert to this.

So you are both right

No water was used, no connections are had and no children were harmed - not sure if I am capable of logic

The first post is a quote (which is what I think North Stand was asking about) was DET as mentioned so that bit I read.

Second post (you will note a lack of quotation marks) was opinion based on some comments clough made a while back which I cannot be arsed to go back and find.

They were about a lad from liverpool (Robinson I think) saying they had kept close tabs on him and had him as a loan target but only if he would get first team football (i.e. GR was injured)

There was another, more recent, comment where he said if they could not find someone of the right quality they would stick with GR (who was a great pro, in great shape etc.) and look to get by if anything happened - after the Mellor thing I figured he would revert to this.

So you are both right

No water was used, no connections are had and no children were harmed - not sure if I am capable of logic

This makes me sad, I was hoping you were a modern Nostradamus.

So you are both right

Having re-read the posts I see where the confusion came from... I assumed North Stand was talking about the quotes in the first post...

Apologies Albert... sometimes I get angry and lash out... because I'm Batman...

This makes me sad, I was hoping you were a modern Nostradamus.

Nope, you got me mixed up with markdcfc1, he also made lots of random predictions hoping to claim credit when one came off, I did start both the shackell and Keogh threads though so statistically I must be the best transfer thread starter on here - do I get a trophy?

Nope, you got me mixed up with markdcfc1, he also made lots of random predictions hoping to claim credit when one came off, I did start both the shackell and Keogh threads though so statistically I must be the best transfer thread starter on here - do I get a trophy?

Dunno, but I'll give you a like instead.

Archived