Forest want clough

HertsRam

He's just spent 2 years stripping one club clean of deadwood and reduction the budgets, why the **** would he want to waste probably about 3 years there trying to do the same but with more debt?

This journo needs sacking.

Exactly, Clough has proven himself one of the best in the business when it comes to cost cutting, other managers have tried and been relegated, like Sheff Utd, Southampton, Leeds, Forest..etc I think he is in a position to push on, not join a smaller team down the road with more debts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, my point is he hated them, still went

.Do you think Shankly would ever have gone to Utd, or Jock Stein ever have gone to Rangers ?

Fair enough comment, but I think the fact he hates them as much as they hate him, and they are currently worse than us means there's zero chance of him going.

I could understand if Forest were an established PL side, a bigger club, with a top youth academy, with money to spend and the possibility of playing in Europe.. And we were a midtable NPC side.. ie. McLeish...... Brum -----> Villa

But take out our rivals and exchange them with Crystal Palace and that's what you've got. An NPC side riddled with debt, with a poor squad of overrated players on huge wages, that won't be anywhere near the top 6 and that needs major work (a 3 year plan at least) to get rid of all the deadwood and bring in his own squad.

He must be braindead to leave here for any other NPC club let alone one with such huge problems such as that lot..

At Derby he's at a club with his own players, no debt, a footballing city, not so much pressure, 100% backing from the owners..

It's not even worth a discussion really, not going to happen, not in a million years.. And that's all without his personal hatred for that club.

Maybe, my point is he hated them, still went

.Do you think Shankly would ever have gone to Utd, or Jock Stein ever have gone to Rangers ?

To leave a club on a high for your bitter rivals is completely different to going to a top club when you're out of work.

Can you ever imagine Fergie, Guardiola, Mourinho, Wenger etc.. leaving their jobs to go to their biggest rivals.. But in these cases were talking about walking into a top top job that's set out for you.

In Nigels case he'd be leaving a top top job to step into ****.. Leaving us for them would be like quiting the managerial executive position at Microsoft to have a job cleaning the headquarters bathrooms.

Clough made it pretty clear that he's not moving house while his kids are growing up, so after Burton it was always going to be Derby or Forest, maybe Leicester or Stoke at a hefty push if they were interested. Forest is, basically, the only other club Clough might have managed, but he's burned too many bridges now.

Managers see clubs in the Championship as a stepping stone to a Premier League job, but with NC you get the impression that Derby is the dream job and he doesn't want anything more. Well, I say "you get the impression", obviously Mr Tabloid Journalist hasn't.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Well the journo got one thing right I guess - Nigel WOULD be an improvement over McClown.

Somebody like Howard Wilkinson would suit them, or perhaps Dave Bassett coming out of retirement. S'pose MoN might be an option, he did alright with Wycombe afterall.......! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived