New song

davenportram

Needs a hell of alot of work and is a bit lengthy nevermind not having any particular tune to it...

BRIAN CLOUGH HE CAME TO US.

WE BEAT THE VERY BEST.

CONQUERING ALL ENGLAND.

YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT.

BRIAN CLOUGH THE LEGEND.

HE LEFT A JOB HALF DONE.

HIM AND PETER TAYLOR.

BUT NOW RETURNS HIS SON.

NIGEL CLOUGH A DERBY BOY.

HE’LL TAKE US ALL THE WAY.

HE’LL FINISH WHAT HIS FATHER STARTED.

TO BE CHAMPIONS AGAIN ONEDAY.

More of a poem if I'm honest...but could work, right?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 10 men went to play one (the number one) would be easy to start and would be very popular I would believe.

The one with the team, would be much better and carry a lot of meaning to the players that played but it's far to complicated for the everyday man, and wouldn't take off.

I am waiting in full anticipation for a new mass of songs for wall game, after the win anyway!

Needs a hell of alot of work and is a bit lengthy nevermind not having any particular tune to it...

BRIAN CLOUGH HE CAME TO US.

WE BEAT THE VERY BEST.

CONQUERING ALL ENGLAND.

YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT.

BRIAN CLOUGH THE LEGEND.

HE LEFT A JOB HALF DONE.

HIM AND PETER TAYLOR.

BUT NOW RETURNS HIS SON.

NIGEL CLOUGH A DERBY BOY.

HE’LL TAKE US ALL THE WAY.

HE’LL FINISH WHAT HIS FATHER STARTED.

TO BE CHAMPIONS AGAIN ONEDAY.

More of a poem if I'm honest...but could work, right?

How the feck can you make a song with no tune to it?

Best way to do it, find a famous enough song that no other team sings a song to the tune of, alter the lyrics so they're Derby related and you've got a song.

Not even worth the effort though as none of them will ever get started unless you do it yourself.

Does anyone else think that we should just stick to the classics? There's loads that we don't sing any more, or hardly ever.

Like.....

Build a bonfire.

Super super rams, super super rams, super super rams, super derby county.

1-0 down, 2-1 up (would have been good Saturday)

We used to sing stand up if you're 1-0 2-0 up etc.

Der Der Der Der Der DERBY (ole ole ole ole)

We are the forest haters

The forest family

Derby boys we are here

Who's you're father

And i wish we could make a new:

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley,

Have you heard of the north bank Highbury,

Shankley said no I don't think so,

But I've heard of the Popside DERBY...

Any ideas??

Nicked from Kinky but oh well it cant be as bad as some of the others....can it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

And all the runs Wardy makes are winding

And all the goals that Wardy scores are blinding

There are many things that I would like to say to you

But I don't know how

Because Jamie

You scored that goal and we went crazy

to make it 1 all

Your my Jamie Ward !

Anyone remember the Malcolm Christie song? Think it would be quite fitting for our new star Jeff Hendrick

Who put the ball in the Forest net?

Who put the ball in the Forest net?

Who put the ball in the Forest net? Super Jeffy Hendrick.

Suuuuuuuuuupppppppppeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr super Jeff,

Super Jeffy Hendrick!

Does anyone else think that we should just stick to the classics? There's loads that we don't sing any more, or hardly ever.

Like.....

Build a bonfire.

Super super rams, super super rams, super super rams, super derby county.

1-0 down, 2-1 up (would have been good Saturday)

We used to sing stand up if you're 1-0 2-0 up etc.

Der Der Der Der Der DERBY (ole ole ole ole)

We are the forest haters

The forest family

Derby boys we are here

Who's you're father

And i wish we could make a new:

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley,

Have you heard of the north bank Highbury,

Shankley said no I don't think so,

But I've heard of the Popside DERBY...

Any ideas??

Stevie Mac says to our Frankie

Thanks for Reidy's pe-nal-ty

Frank says no, I don't think so,

We are the 10 men, Derby...................

[url=http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=206647]http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_images/master/snapbackram2767, on 21 September 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

Ooh, two ideas...

1. Do we know any bands or singers that are Derby fans? Write to them and let them know that were desperate and in need of a few songs to be written? The guy who plays Ben Harper off My Family is a Derby fan, we can sing the My Family theme tune? haha.

2. In Liverpool, we had the Beatles and so at the Liverpool and Everton games fans sing Beatles songs with a few words incorporated into them. Simples...all Derby needs is a band as big and successful as the Beatles and we can do the same!

A good idea but "The guy who plays Ben Harper off My Family" is the one we have to thank / blame for good ole "Steve Bloomer's Watching". Following your idea a bit further though ... Tim Brooke Taylor is a Ram so we could always sing the "Goodies" theme tune - "Goodieee, goodie goodie yum yum" and the guy that plays Ken Barlow (Mike Loach?) is from Ilkeston so we could always hum the Corri theme tune

Stevie Mac says to our Frankie

Thanks for Reidy's pe-nal-ty

Frank says no, I don't think so,

We are the 10 men, Derby...................

Nice one uttox, remember the song the scouse used to sing about our Brian? Well how about....

(To the tune of bless them all)

F*** em all

F*** em all

At Pride Park the Forest will fall

Youll hear the laughter

Cos Cloughie's a master

The rams are the best of em all

(Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond)

Sweeeeet Mark O'Brien

Da da daaaa

Good times never seemed so good

(Imagine - John Lennon)

Imagine there's no Forest

It's easy if you try

The dogs always below us

Above us only sky

(Good Times Bad Times - Led Zeppelin)

Good times

Bad times

You know I've had my share

When Billy left home for a red dog club

Well I still don't seem to care

First one could easily catch on. Other two aren't so great - just off the top of my head 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

You have knack for this you should pm trooper and 69 and get your idea's rocking PP 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Ooh, two ideas...

1. Do we know any bands or singers that are Derby fans? Write to them and let them know that were desperate and in need of a few songs to be written? The guy who plays Ben Harper off My Family is a Derby fan, we can sing the My Family theme tune? haha.

2. In Liverpool, we had the Beatles and so at the Liverpool and Everton games fans sing Beatles songs with a few words incorporated into them. Simples...all Derby needs is a band as big and successful as the Beatles and we can do the same!

the guy from my family(robert lindsey) sings the recorded version of steve bloomers watching so i doubt he has anything decent to sing/write

• 4 months later...

For years fans have talked about having an "anthem" of our own, you'll never walk alone, bubbles, delilah, etc are recognised as Liverpool, West Ham and Stoke's songs. Even if they're only sung once a match, it gets the juices flowing, its theirs!

The one for us could be "My Way".....sing it as it is, the only change would be "we are derby" instead of "i did it my way". Why not?, most people know some of the words, its one of the most recognised songs in the world, its uplifting, powerful, its worth a go.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egY8rUpxqcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egY8rUpxqcE

Archived