Anderson there when needed 10/10

Tyson, he is going to be good 10/10

Croft,

S Davies.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ratings

Fielding 6/10 No complaints on his part, his only other option was to move out the way and let Miller score.. He stood his ground, and was harshly sent off.

Brayford 7/10 Thought he was solid, miskicked and mistimed a few times and nearly let in Lynch for their chance, but other thn that was pretty good given the circumstances.

Shackell 10/10 He's awesome, the best defender I've seen at this level.. He was unstoppable, won everything, organised, can bring the ball out of the defence, dominant in the air and on the floor, positionally very good.. He's PL quality.

O'Brien 8/10 Reminds me of Micheal Johnson, a smallish defender with the heart of the lion.. Whilst not as gifted as Shackell, you know what you'll get with him, 100% body on the line sort of defender.. Made a few inexperienced decisions, but looked solid.

Roberts 8/10 Thought he had a top game.. Findlay swapped sides towards the end because he had no joy against Roberts.. Definately looks more solid than KIlbane.

B.Davies 7/10 Battled well, very good cross for Hendricks unbelievable miss.. He's useful, and actually used his experience well to nullify their midfield

Bryson 7/10 Despite giving away numerous fouls (some were incredibly harsh) he was biting at their ankles all afternoon, made some good interceptions and keeps it simple. Good find.

Hendrick 8/10 Awful miss, an absoloute shocker, but made up for it with a brilliant strike, worthy of winning a derby alone, great technique.. Alongside Bailey he's my favourite player, just a simple midfielder who passes the ball around and moves, he will be a PL player for sure, cracking talent.

Cywka 6/10 Unlucky to be substitued but it made sense, he'll be in the starting line up next week I'd imagine

Ward 7/10 Made some very strange decisions and gave the ball away quite alot.. However, he's one of a very few players whose willing to run at players and other than Cywka he's the only player we've got that could score a goal like that.. Decent and a worthy starter.

Robinson 8/10 Thought he was very good today, perfect as an away player.. Caused their defence panick all afternoon with his running, and despite not winning much in the air, along the floor his anticipation was impressive.. I prefer him than S.Davies

Legolas: 8/10 Faultless, whilst not called into action too often, when he did we was faultless.. Top save from Lynch and caught very well under pressure from the brute Miller

Tyson: 7/10 Stuck out the left wing he relieved pressure with his running, and carried the ball very well. Useful cameo

Anderson: 7/10 Another useful cameo, defender well and sat infront of the back 4 and forced them wide

Fans: 10/10 Stuck behind the team in difficult circumstances, rewarded with a belter from Hendrick, and I saw you all going absoloutley mental.. What a feeling.

Nigel Clough: 10/10 Given the circumstances, faultless.. Perfect in his decisions to stick by Hendrick and O'Brien, was sympathetic towards Cywka, saluted the fans, substitutions for the first time in a long time were prefectly made.. Always encouraged the lads, even when losing. Top performance from the Gaffer.

I thought Hendrick was excellent. As was Roberts. And the centre halves.

But Ward was our MOTM, IMO. He was our best defender and our most effective attacker. His moment of genius was the difference.

And I still think the penalty was stone-wall. It's debateable about the red card, but taking my Derby supporting hat off, I would of probably sent him off. He denied him a goal scoring opportunity.

Our defending from the front was outstanding today. We kept one of the league's most potent strikeforces at bay with 10 men, including some very inexperienced players in central midfield, central defence and between the sticks.

I still think we're short of play-off material, but we're miles ahead of where we were last season.

I thought Hendrick was excellent. As was Roberts. And the centre halves.

But Ward was our MOTM, IMO. He was our best defender and our most effective attacker. His moment of genius was the difference.

And I still think the penalty was stone-wall. It's debateable about the red card, but taking my Derby supporting hat off, I would of probably sent him off. He denied him a goal scoring opportunity.

Our defending from the front was outstanding today. We kept one of the league's most potent strikeforces at bay with 10 men, including some very inexperienced players in central midfield, central defence and between the sticks.

I still think we're short of play-off material, but we're miles ahead of where we were last season.

I agree with that Hendrick and Roberts top players today, surely that is the last we have seen of Kilbane. Robinson gets a lot of stick but he did a thankless job as well as he possibly could today.

I thought the spine was excellent today, and the fighting spirit that was so lacking against Coventry came back in shovel-loads.

great that we've now already had 2 come from behind wins, whereas last season we had the worst record in the division of salvaging points from losing positions.

Tysons cameo was enough to give me hope he can be effective for us. And the stream worked fine. Excellent afternoon. Mrs Hants will be bracing herself later...

Legzdins 9. Brayford 7, Shackell 9, O'Brien 8, Roberts 8, Bryson 7, Hendrick 7, B.Davies 7, Ward 8, Robinson 8.

10/10 for effort and determination for everyone.

Oh, and our other players

Reid 7, Gunter 7, Morgan 9, Chambers 9 and Lee Camp 10. Cheers lads. Every little helps.

E I E I E I O

My ratings

Fielding 6/10 No complaints on his part, his only other option was to move out the way and let Miller score.. He stood his ground, and was harshly sent off.

Brayford 7/10 Thought he was solid, miskicked and mistimed a few times and nearly let in Lynch for their chance, but other thn that was pretty good given the circumstances.

Shackell 10/10 He's awesome, the best defender I've seen at this level.. He was unstoppable, won everything, organised, can bring the ball out of the defence, dominant in the air and on the floor, positionally very good.. He's PL quality.

O'Brien 8/10 Reminds me of Micheal Johnson, a smallish defender with the heart of the lion.. Whilst not as gifted as Shackell, you know what you'll get with him, 100% body on the line sort of defender.. Made a few inexperienced decisions, but looked solid.

Roberts 8/10 Thought he had a top game.. Findlay swapped sides towards the end because he had no joy against Roberts.. Definately looks more solid than KIlbane.

B.Davies 7/10 Battled well, very good cross for Hendricks unbelievable miss.. He's useful, and actually used his experience well to nullify their midfield

Bryson 7/10 Despite giving away numerous fouls (some were incredibly harsh) he was biting at their ankles all afternoon, made some good interceptions and keeps it simple. Good find.

Hendrick 8/10 Awful miss, an absoloute shocker, but made up for it with a brilliant strike, worthy of winning a derby alone, great technique.. Alongside Bailey he's my favourite player, just a simple midfielder who passes the ball around and moves, he will be a PL player for sure, cracking talent.

Cywka 6/10 Unlucky to be substitued but it made sense, he'll be in the starting line up next week I'd imagine

Ward 7/10 Made some very strange decisions and gave the ball away quite alot.. However, he's one of a very few players whose willing to run at players and other than Cywka he's the only player we've got that could score a goal like that.. Decent and a worthy starter.

Robinson 8/10 Thought he was very good today, perfect as an away player.. Caused their defence panick all afternoon with his running, and despite not winning much in the air, along the floor his anticipation was impressive.. I prefer him than S.Davies

Legolas: 8/10 Faultless, whilst not called into action too often, when he did we was faultless.. Top save from Lynch and caught very well under pressure from the brute Miller

Tyson: 7/10 Stuck out the left wing he relieved pressure with his running, and carried the ball very well. Useful cameo

Anderson: 7/10 Another useful cameo, defender well and sat infront of the back 4 and forced them wide

Fans: 10/10 Stuck behind the team in difficult circumstances, rewarded with a belter from Hendrick, and I saw you all going absoloutley mental.. What a feeling.

Nigel Clough: 10/10 Given the circumstances, faultless.. Perfect in his decisions to stick by Hendrick and O'Brien, was sympathetic towards Cywka, saluted the fans, substitutions for the first time in a long time were prefectly made.. Always encouraged the lads, even when losing. Top performance from the Gaffer.

Great post! Read a silly post somewhere about you would be upset we won. We all want to do well, whatever our opinions have been. Just don't choke on that humble pie 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Right then, who is gonna give Glick 10/10? Forest have spunked a fortune and are so much worse than we are. Who needs to spend big money on big names when a nice round 1 million will buy "the best defender I've seen at this level". Quick update: Barker, Bailey and Green were all injured too-would be in everyones best 11 before season started. Oh, we only had ten men too.

Watched on Fox stream and I thought that every player performed well today but was particularly impressed with:

• Theo's tireless running (and he didn't fall over the ball once - he looks much stronger than last season too);
  • Wards box to box performance whilst he was on (although he does commit silly fouls);
  • Shackell/O'Brien - they defended for their lives today and really were superb ... not sure Barker can get back in at the moment but when he does get back to fitness we have 3 excellent CBs;
  • Roberts surprised me and was an improvement on Kibane
  • boy did Hendrick make up for THAT miss to score THE MOST AMAZING first goal of what could be a classy career
  • Ben Davies was box to box and got in with the tackles when needed... his crossing/deadballs have been a different class this year too
  • Legzdins came in on his debut and made a couple of really good saves ... great back-up for Mad Franky Fielding
  • Clough... for spurring the boys on when Cohen fell over and for cuddling Cywzka and sticking by his guns

And finally the Super Rams faithful who out sang the city ground and, even when we were one nil down, sounded the DBs!!!

A great day for rams everywhere!

I'm coming to the conclusion that when we need a target man, which we don't have in the squad, Theo Robinson might be better than Davies. He's a bit clumsy but he seems a bit stronger. Maybe 4/10 he makes it stick if he can get it on his chest. Davies is the natural option but he's so weak. Needs to be facing the goal to do owt.

Well done Theo today.

And Roberts deserved a break anyway. He's not been anywhere near as bad as he was when he first got here for ages. Maybe not great performances, but he is growing steady.

How scared of Robinson were "Chambo" and "Big Wes"?

Archived