Matchday Chat

Day

New feature time again.....Matchday Chat, you will find the link on the main menu to the chatroom.

Few things.

1) The chat is not actually hosted on our server, it's hosted on the Invision Power (makers of this forum) server, this means if it's running slow, not available for whatever reason it will be out of my control.

2) The chat costs money, at the moment I have only paid for a year subscription for 50 online users at any one time. Depending on the success I will upgrade it to 250 (the maximum available). If 50 users are in the chat you won't be able to gain access, you be given some annoying error message. A blue bubble with the number of people in the chat will show above the link on the main menu.

3) The chat will kick inactive users, I currently have this set to 30 minutes although this is subject to change.

4) Forum rules still apply inside the chat, we can moderate all messages and kick users from the chat temporary or permanently.

5) The chat will open automatically 1 hour before kick off and close shortly after.

The idea of this chat is not to talk about Cheryl Coles boobs or the size of Beyonce's arse, it's there to provide istant updates from the game and general discussion about the game for those without commentary.

Pro-Tip: when using the chat just hit enter to send your message.

Finally I will leave the chat open until Saturday morning so you can all have a look and play, I will close it early to clear it up ready for the Forest game.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Ok then, we've had a few games using the matchday chat system thingy. Do you prefer it to the matchday threads or is the chatroom a better way to communicate through the game, also is there any improvements/changes that you'd like to see made?

I've used the chatroom a couple of times Daveo and plan to use it this week. I think it's top. The threads are ok too though, but I prefer the chatroom as you get quicker updates, as well as a sense of "community" if you like, and members are all very friendly. I even like that little door bell thingy, it makes me laugh.

So for my part, no changes needed, ta Daveo 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• 2 weeks later...

Archived