Time to get your check book out Glick!

Stimacked

Clough has been saving an even bigger backlash against the board season by performing miracles with the squad of 17 he has had available. Today's defeat is a reminder to us all how tough this league is. The next defeat is always waiting around the corner.

Glick has vanished from public appearances for weeks now and with the transfer window about to shut we have just four days to scramble for some long term reinforcements. Glick had said we would be getting another defensive midfielder and another striker. Neither have arrived and it looks unlikely. The gates are down by some 4'000 I reckon, depsite the incredible run we have had.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nigel Clough has said on Radio Derby that we'll be concentrating on shipping one or two out before we can think about buying.

The squad as it stands will keep us neatly mid-table.

No panic, but neither is there any point crying for money spent, 'cos it ain't happening.

Nigel Clough has said on Radio Derby that we'll be concentrating on shipping one or two out before we can think about buying.

The squad as it stands will keep us neatly mid-table.

No panic, but neither is there any point crying for money spent, 'cos it ain't happening.

Indeed Needles. We've had a very good start but we all know we're not going to keep it up. It has probably taken the pressure off Glick but it doesn't change anything. We know the weaknesses and strengths of the squad, I think Clough does too but it is clear money is only available if money can be raised.

with more jobs to go as well could be a difficult time for ticket sales.

There is that, but they'll pick up a bit IMO. Lot of folk away.

Always settles down when the schools go back.

OK, so we got beaten,and we're 3rd, behind the 2 promoted sides, and i'm sure that we're all miffed at being beaten at home,when with our defence, which i thought was one of our strengths this season, but being honest, i think our lack of 'firepower' is going to be the problem going forward, as i always have, so please NC or TG, get your fingers out and get the one of the 2 players you eluded to,(Steve davis, is doing a job, but.... ) so, a 'talismanic striker' (to use your phrase), we need him to carry on at this level...... which is what we fans aspire to, and more........

Need to put them on ebay too.

Cus nobody seems to want Bywater, Leacock and Pearson.

Many probably put off by Bywaters performances for Cardiff where he was really considered to be in the shop window.

Pearson, well....... what is it you'd buy him for again? Pace? Buy a greyhound.

Leacock..... woulda thought some manager out there would of seen a cheap defender with ability. Fancying their chances to get him in the right frame of mind. Worth a punt.

But i think we might struggle to get rid of these. Aren't they on a decent wage too?

P45?.....Penis? lol

OK, too dim to get the gist. Think ill guess you meant p45......:cool:

Glick ain't the man with the cheque book.

My local boozer needs redecorating. I don't expect the general manager to get his cheque book out - maybe the owner, but not the manager.

It's as though it's all Glick's fault we're not spending money. At least blame the people who are in a position to invest.

Archived