Time to get your check book out Glick!

Stimacked

Clough has been saving an even bigger backlash against the board season by performing miracles with the squad of 17 he has had available. Today's defeat is a reminder to us all how tough this league is. The next defeat is always waiting around the corner.

Glick has vanished from public appearances for weeks now and with the transfer window about to shut we have just four days to scramble for some long term reinforcements. Glick had said we would be getting another defensive midfielder and another striker. Neither have arrived and it looks unlikely. The gates are down by some 4'000 I reckon, depsite the incredible run we have had.

Gates are down about 2,000, we are getting about 23,000 Derby fans this this time last season 25,000. It would be interesting to know actually how many are in the ground for each match, as season ticket holders are counted at Derby whether they turn up or not. At Chesterfield for example this is not the case at their last home game the paid attendance was 7,500, whilst only 6,500 turned up. Glick is good at getting the gates up in an artificial way by finding ways of getting block discounts but needs now to drop the matchday prices as the take up is really low.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gates are down about 2,000, we are getting about 23,000 Derby fans this this time last season 25,000. It would be interesting to know actually how many are in the ground for each match, as season ticket holders are counted at Derby whether they turn up or not. At Chesterfield for example this is not the case at their last home game the paid attendance was 7,500, whilst only 6,500 turned up. Glick is good at getting the gates up in an artificial way by finding ways of getting block discounts but needs now to drop the matchday prices as the take up is really low.

Actually if you check the stats average gates are only down by around 700 for this time last season ( last season average after 3 home games was 25,575. This season it's 24,833) behind West Ham

Hardly a crisis.

Glick is back! with his typical 'deadline day' crap.

Rams look set to wait for the loan market to open

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-13236376-detail/story.html

Its hardly deadline day crap when the clubs been saying we need to move players out before bringing more in for weeks now.

Did anyone really think we would have brought in 10 players this summer?

Actually if you check the stats average gates are only down by around 700 for this time last season ( last season average after 3 home games was 25,575. This season it's 24,833) behind West Ham

Hardly a crisis.

Yes but Birmingham brought 4,000 the Derby support is around the 22500- 23,000 mark for each of the 3 matches, last year if you take out the away fans 24,500, none of the first 3 games last season brought big followings, so we have lost 1500-2000 or so, which is a worrying thing for Mr Glick. Remember the club still reports trading losses, so he needs to find a way of getting rid of Bywater and Leacock, who will have big contracts, why did they bring in Kilbane rather than a younger lest costly loan.

Also he needs a massive review of the match to match prices as it is pretty clear that they are well over-priced and the people of Derbyshire are saying no, unless they qualify for one of the discount schemes.

Yes but Birmingham brought 4,000 the Derby support is around the 22500- 23,000 mark for each of the 3 matches, last year if you take out the away fans 24,500, none of the first 3 games last season brought big followings, so we have lost 1500-2000 or so, which is a worrying thing for Mr Glick. Remember the club still reports trading losses, so he needs to find a way of getting rid of Bywater and Leacock, who will have big contracts, why did they bring in Kilbane rather than a younger lest costly loan.

Also he needs a massive review of the match to match prices as it is pretty clear that they are well over-priced and the people of Derbyshire are saying no, unless they qualify for one of the discount schemes.

I think the moan about Kilbane over a young cheaper player is silly, Clough clearly wanted Kilbane and some experience and we have just won 4 out of the first 5.

While Glick always goes on about the finances now would be a great time to show some balls especially after our great start and bring one or two players in, I really dont think they would break the bank or wreck our finances.

I also agree with overpricing, Derby charge me £15 for my son who is 2 (3 at the end of the month). He loves going but thats just to much money for someone that age and so I wont take him as much as he would like.

I think the moan about Kilbane over a young cheaper player is silly, Clough clearly wanted Kilbane and some experience and we have just won 4 out of the first 5.

While Glick always goes on about the finances now would be a great time to show some balls especially after our great start and bring one or two players in, I really dont think they would break the bank or wreck our finances.

I also agree with overpricing, Derby charge me £15 for my son who is 2 (3 at the end of the month). He loves going but thats just to much money for someone that age and so I wont take him as much as he would like.

Pay £25 for a one off fee for your to to join Rams Squad and you can get his ticket free for home games. After 5 games you would save £50

Well you can join the membership scheme £25 and with a adult ticket all under 12's can go for free, so after 2 matches you are in profit. That is a scheme with a good take up but if you don't have children and want to go Glick needs to do something for these people because the tickets are over-priced.

I don't believe the moan over Kilbane is not silly, we already have an experienced/old left back and it was a panic signing because we don't have cover and Roberts got an injury. With money tight we are now stuck with another big earner till new year. All summer there was chance to get a cover left-back in not difficult to get a younger, cheaper and above all better player in. Again I will say we still operate at a loss and you can understand the caution when we still have big earners who are not in the managers plans on the payroll.

Its hardly deadline day crap when the clubs been saying we need to move players out before bringing more in for weeks now.

Did anyone really think we would have brought in 10 players this summer?

You're missing the point completely.

What about "key signings" Glick was talking about?

it's the fact Glick has been talking about signing these players for months and they haven't materialised. If there was no intention to sign them then don't lie to the fans.

spin! spin! spin! spin!

Not imressed with these 10(!!!!!!!) signings though. What about some quality not quantity?

Fielding, Ward and Robinson deals done and dusted back in January.

Maguire and Legzdins are benchwarmers.

Tyson is poor player and sicknote. Riggott will never play again.

Shackell is a great signing no doubts. Bryson isn't a world beater tbh. Is he better than Green?

Kilbane... oh dear.

He saud we wanted to sign them, but we needed players out as well.

Players haven't left so we haven't signed them.

Where is the lie?

Link please!

It was Clough who said we need to get rid first.

I can't remember Glick saying we need to get rid before we sign LB, DM, ST back in June.

and then he disappeared...

You're missing the point completely.

What about "key signings" Glick was talking about?

it's the fact Glick has been talking about signing these players for months and they haven't materialised. If there was no intention to sign them then don't lie to the fans.

spin! spin! spin! spin!

Not imressed with these 10(!!!!!!!) signings though. What about some quality not quantity?

Fielding, Ward and Robinson deals done and dusted back in January.

Maguire and Legzdins are benchwarmers.

Tyson is poor player and sicknote. Riggott will never play again.

Shackell is a great signing no doubts. Bryson isn't a world beater tbh. Is he better than Green?

Kilbane... oh dear.

Well Bryson is certainly on a different level to Green, at least matching the workrate and much more comfortable on the ball. Riggott and Kilbane I agree both ridiculous signings.

McGuire will be a good player, good footballer, great touch and vision, he will be a regular sooner or later. Like Commons it is fitting that type of player into the team and getting the best out of him.

Shackell, fantastic signing the others not sure either way yet but I think we have enough to be top half if the manager is a bit more positive and stops playing Kilbane.

If you bring in 10 and get 4 or 5 regular good first team players out of them then I think you are doing well, time will tell but I think that will happen with this lot but you need to clear the deadwood as well and we have not done that.

Link please!

It was Clough who said we need to get rid first.

I can't remember Glick saying we need to get rid before we sign LB, DM, ST back in June.

and then he disappeared...

He didn't say it in those words but reading between the lines, as you claim to be able to do, he has talked about ins and outs together in interviews, so it should have been obvious to you.

Where's your link stating that we didn't bid for Waghorn?

Well Bryson is certainly on a different level to Green, at least matching the workrate and much more comfortable on the ball. Riggott and Kilbane I agree both ridiculous signings.

McGuire will be a good player, good footballer, great touch and vision, he will be a regular sooner or later. Like Commons it is fitting that type of player into the team and getting the best out of him.

Shackell, fantastic signing the others not sure either way yet but I think we have enough to be top half if the manager is a bit more positive and stops playing Kilbane.

If you bring in 10 and get 4 or 5 regular good first team players out of them then I think you are doing well, time will tell but I think that will happen with this lot but you need to clear the deadwood as well and we have not done that.

Good point there.

Add the, "not cost much" , factor in and it makes good business all round.

Your not convinced about Kilbane are you?:D

Good point there.

Add the, "not cost much" , factor in and it makes good business all round.

Your not convinced about Kilbane are you?:D

I'm very convinced mate, he's not the guy we need I like most of the signings but not this one, certainly not at left back, he could possibly do a job in front of the back four because he has a good left foot but I hope we don't go down that route either.

Where's your link stating that we didn't bid for Waghorn?

Where is your link stating that we did bid for Waghorn?

I think this crap from Leicester's newspapar is a bullshit:

Leicester City will reject a bid from Derby County for striker Martyn Waghorn.

The Rams are believed to have tabled an offer in excess of £1million, but City do not want to sell the promising young striker.

I try to separate out Clough’s performance from Glick/GSE/owner’s performance.

TG said there’d be new money for players so Clough could challenge for the top 6 this season. However, squad improvements have come to a grinding halt at the point where new money is required.

Fail.

NC has reshuffled the existing funding quite well this summer. Before the start of this season, most thought he’d been funded for a lower mid-table finish. As it happens, the results at the start of the season have gone far better than expected. This is despite the tight budget, the obvious gaps in the squad, and the injuries. However, Clough’s not a miracle worker. He’s still not funded to be realistically challenging for a top 6 finish. In my opinion, any finish above 14th at the end of this season should be credited to him.

So far so good.

Archived