Gary Nevile

davenportram

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't stand the man, and I can't believe Sky Sports would take on someone who so many people dislike, it must affect their viewer count a fair bit.

If you actually can watch him with all your prejudice aside he is very good on his tactical analysis. Superior to Andy Gray i feel anyway

If you actually can watch him with all your prejudice aside he is very good on his tactical analysis. Superior to Andy Gray i feel anyway

I judge him on that, the worst type of commentator is a biased one, and he when commentating on the Community Shield was an absoloute joke.

I wouldn't be able to stand him for very long. In general conversation he could turn out to be alright, but when talking about football? Keep him away from my screen.

I think Gary Neville is a tool, and would rather have Carol Vordeman on Sky Sports.

That aside, I did read something he had written about the England squad (it was an abridgement of a slice of his autobiography). In it he spoke about how there is so much pressure on England to succeed, and any tiny mistake leads to years of abuse. In the end he questions whether his England career was worth it, and it was a pretty good read.

Almost tempted to buy his book (currently struggling through Graeme Le Saux's).

Archived