Watford v Derby County

Day

We need to get nigel out and Bris in as manager. Then we can lose 5-0 every week but we will pass the ball round well.

We win the first 2 matches with all these injuries against a relegated team, and away at a place we are very poor and theres people moaning that its not pretty.

How can you say you would rather lose 5 in a row and play good football than win.

I'd rather finish 20th this season and make the playoffs the next playing good football than play survival football and finish lower bottom half both seasons..

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're an idiot..

Whilst the results are important, being entertaining is also important.. Playing well is also important.

Delighted with our defence, much better without Barker.

You make out I'm unhappy with the 6 points.. No, I'm delighted with the 6 points.. I'm unhappy about our performances, they need to improve or we'll struggle..

You are treating Derby like a theatre, we aren't, we are a football team. Results are everything.

You are treating Derby like a theatre, we aren't, we are a football team. Results are everything.

So why do fans go and watch the games if they're not successful? Entertainment.

Why do people prefer to watch Arsenal than Chelsea. Entertainment.

Why did Blackpool win so many admirers last season? When they got relegated. Entertainment.

Why was The CL final between Barca and Man Utd the most watched out of all the CL finals? Entertainment.

Teams that play entertaining football are shown a lot more on the telly than those that don't.. Proof, Blackpool were on telly a lot more than the likes of Everton, Villa and S'Land last year.

Guys all Bris is saying is that there's still plenty to improve on.

We've all sat here and slated Billy. We've all said how he did well to scrap us into the Premiership but it came too soon and we were caught with our pants down.

All he's saying is that it's important to work on the negatives of a win in the same way you'd work on the positives of a defeat.

Not every win is all good and every defeat is all bad. Maybe for Real Madrid and Chelsea, Man Utd and Barcelona but not for a club like us.

But we did play well last season and get nothing for a while. Let's just hope all we're missing is the time to gel.

It'd be really nice for this not to be our 9th poor year in 11. A few early wins will do however they come at this early stage

Why do most people support Manu when they live no where near? Performance?

No, results. They are glory supporters

Kin ell.

Great, pick the team that wins everything..

What about the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Blackpool.. Why are they followed by so many across England too, why are they shown on the telly everyother week?

They're not entertaining, but they play good football.

Also why are there fans in general, when 95% of the clubs aren't classed as successful. Why?

Guys all Bris is saying is that there's still plenty to improve on.

We've all sat here and slated Billy. We've all said how he did well to scrap us into the Premiership but it came too soon and we were caught with our pants down.

All he's saying is that it's important to work on the negatives of a win in the same way you'd work on the positives of a defeat.

Not every win is all good and every defeat is all bad. Maybe for Real Madrid and Chelsea, Man Utd and Barcelona but not for a club like us.

But we did play well last season and get nothing for a while. Let's just hope all we're missing is the time to gel.

It'd be really nice for this not to be our 9th poor year in 11. A few early wins will do however they come at this early stage

Here here1!

while bris has a point and a very valid one he is wrong on a singular point, results are what matters now. The performances haven't been great, and while the Manchester united can do this consistently and win we probably can't, however the sign of a good team is winning while not playing particularly well. We aren't in my opinion heading for the playoffs or promotion but it is always brilliant to see derby winning and forest losing.

What about the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Blackpool.. Why are they followed by so many across England too, why are they shown on the telly everyother week?

Also why are there fans in general, when 95% of the clubs aren't classed as successful. Why?

I am Derby till I die, because I was born in Derby.

Ask anybody with sense across the country, they are that team because that's where they are from.

TRIBAL MASSIVE!

Why are my eyes glazing over?

Oh yes, you're negative when we've just won. Be happy at least for what is left of our night over here.

Then, come back tomorrow and moan about the lack of fit defenders or something.

Blackpool :eek:

if only we had a following of a blackpool :(

Just got back from the match - here are my quick thoughts.

First half Derby were terrible, couldn't keep the ball down, couldn’t string passes together and every long ball seemed to find a yellow shirt – though they weren’t helped by some bizarre referring decisions that appeared totally in Watford’s favour.

A better team would've punished Derby's lethargic playing style, but Watford just didn’t seem to have the class to carve out a clear cut challenge on goal – the majority of their attempts while on target were half hearted at best.

Shackell was immense and looked a cut above the rest of the team – he won every ball, read the game well and kept the pressure off the team by putting the ball in intelligent spaces every time he had the chance. He single handily carried the defence and kept Derby in the match.

In contrast, the midfield were inconspicuous and incapable of absorbing some of Watford’s pressure.

Watford’s one golden chance to score fell right at the death of the first half, but after a mad scramble Derby cleared the ball off the line twice with Fielding left stranded. I think, had Watford scored that goal, they would’ve gone on to win easily.

Second half, Bailey came off (who admittedly had been invisible in the first half), replaced for Hendrick and the team suddenly started playing good football. Watford couldn’t cope with Derby raising the tempo, and before long the Rams were putting the hosts under pressure.

The goal came from a moment of class by Steve Davies – creating space and shooting from a tight angle inside the box. I can see why people get excited by his ability, as until that point Davies had hardly figured in the match, but when the opportunity to shoot finally arrived he kept his cool and produced a fine finish out of nowhere.

The goal shifted the match and Watford couldn’t seem to raise their game to match the Rams. From that point on, despite constant pressure the hosts again just couldn’t create any clear cut chances - the one good shot they produced was saved by a sharp Frank Fielding dive.

Derby kept possession well to keep Watford frustrated and see out the game, epitomised by Theo Robinson’s performance in the lone striker role.

Based on their second half performance, the Rams deserved the three points, however they cannot afford to sit back as they did in the first half, otherwise (much like against Shrewsbury) the game will be over within 45 minutes.

while bris has a point and a very valid one he is wrong on a singular point, results are what matters now. The performances haven't been great, and while the Manchester united can do this consistently and win we probably can't, however the sign of a good team is winning while not playing particularly well.

The conversation went off track.. I was simply pointing out that whilst picking up 6 points there is plenty of room for improvements performance wise and if we are to make the top half we can't carry on playing the way we are..

If people disagree, think I'm moaning for moanings sake, and think we'll be fine playing the way we are, then so be it. More fool them.

Archived