Watford v Derby County

Day

No one's saying we played brilliant fluid football, no one's saying we don't need to improve.

Your argument though is flawed if you expect us to be playing fluently after 2 games, several players out injured and new lads trying to bed in.

If we can pick up points until we can get a couple of new signings (be it loan or otherwise), and nurse the injured back, then its all good.

With a few points on the board it takes the pressure off the younger ones and allows confidence to build, if we have to scrap for that then I really don't see a problem.

Anyway, that's pretty much what Daveo said 6million pages back.........

Right, I've just watched the Watford game on Rams Player (no commentary by the way which funnily helps with perspective). My observations for what they are worth:

1.There was nothing much to choose between the sides. We were not lucky or out played.

2.Watford played hoof ball throughout.

3.We played hoof ball for much of the game but slightly less so in the second half.

4.Frank Fielding was not seriously troubled in the game.

5.A front midfield 3 of Croft - Bryson - Ward are just not good enough.Try (when fit) Cywka - Green - Pearson or preferably buy/loan a decent midfielder.

6.Our defence is very good with Shackell outstanding. Won virtually all his headers.

Conclusion:

Midfield are not currently up to it and will cost us points. Not far away from a very good side though. My side with all fit and available would be:

............................Fielding..........................

Brayford..........Barker...............Shackell..........Kilbane

..............................Addison................................

Green...................... Bailey....................Pearson

....................Davies (S)............Tyson

Subs from: Goalie - Roberts - O'Brian - Maguire - Robinson - Cywka - Ward - B Davies - Bryson

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, I've just watched the Watford game on Rams Player (no commentary by the way which funnily helps with perspective). My observations for what they are worth:

1.There was nothing much to choose between the sides. We were not lucky or out played.

2.Watford played hoof ball throughout.

3.We played hoof ball for much of the game but slightly less so in the second half.

4.Frank Fielding was not seriously troubled in the game.

5.A front midfield 3 of Croft - Bryson - Ward are just not good enough.Try (when fit) Cywka - Green - Pearson or preferably buy/loan a decent midfielder.

6.Our defence is very good with Shackell outstanding. Won virtually all his headers.

Conclusion:

Midfield are not currently up to it and will cost us points. Not far away from a very good side though. My side with all fit and available would be:

............................Fielding..........................

Brayford..........Barker...............Shackell..........Kilbane

..............................Addison................................

Green...................... Bailey....................Pearson

....................Davies (S)............Tyson

Subs from: Goalie - Roberts - O'Brian - Maguire - Robinson - Cywka - Ward - B Davies - Bryson

For point 1, Watford created far more openings and chances and on that alone were the better side, dont really see how you can argue that.

Point 2, they hardly played Barca football but they made more of an attempt to pass it than we did, especially first half where i dont think we strung more than 3 passes together.

Also, on the first half highlights it doesnt show the last few minutes where they had there best chance of the game, a scramble in our box that some how got cleared, think Frank made a good save but would like to see it again.

Agree about that midfield not being good enough, but to suggest Pearson is even more laughable. Croft may be **** on the ball but at least he works hard. Still havent got an opinion on Bryson yet, bit unfair to judge him on Saturday where most of his time was spent running around.

i tried to watch the whole game but there's no sound on the ramsplayer full 90 mins... cba to watch a silent video for the best part of 2 hours. sort it out derby! whilst your at it put at timer in the top right hand corner like on real TV so i can skip to the parts i want!

[/rant over]

After watching 90mins on RamsPlayer.

Kilbane and Brayford played more aimless balls than i'd ever like to see in one match ever again.

Stop it.

The first half was worse than i imagined from Derby. Watford should of scored. What's with Sordell's silly back heel?? Did he think he had less time?

Second half was better from Derby.

On the whole i thought both teams deserved to lose. :D

Rubbish match that we actually got points from. Makes a change. We NEVER get away with being rubbish do we?

What's the problem ?

We miss experience in the midfield, and it seems like the ones Clough wants choose other clubs.

I think we got enough of talents in the team, but guidamce is needed on the pit.

On top of that Bryson, Maguire needs time to adopt, and only more games will cure that.

But the most important reason for our poor play, is wrong tactics from Clough. Why don't he try and demand play on the ground instead in balls in the air. Our play should be created of fast passing, and in between long balls from the middle to each site of the field supplied with balls from our wings.

We also need a high strong striker to support Robinson and Tyson, but if we return to the good passing play, then Ward and Maguire can be very important for us and make goals.

Maybe Clough should give Ball a chance to shine.

I could try splicing the RD commentary over the RW video. But I'm not normally around to get the RD commentary saved, so if someone can supply me with that I could see what i can do.

Martyn.

Are you from the club? If you are can you put a few graphics on the screen on player saying who starts the game, a clock and the score - and stuff like that. Doesn't have to be flashy like sky or bbc but would make rams player quite a bit better.

Archived