Watford v Derby County

Day

Fortunately I missed the first half horror show. From the sounds of it, that was for the best.

Second half though, particularly after we scored, I think we controlled the game fairly well. Certainly sounded a lot more comfortable.

Confidence is an obvious factor at the moment. I think a string of 3 or 4 wins, and it would be interesting to see what the effect is. As it is, we won on Saturday last week but didn't build on that momentum by stuffing Shrewsbury so we were back to square one in that first half today.

Considering the number of injuries we have again at the moment, the more points we pick up now the better. When the injured players start coming back, and with Miles coming back in the new year, the back half of the season could get quite interesting.

Just wish we could bolster the current playable squad with a few quality loans if permanents aren't on the horizon.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watch Man United over a season and tell me they deserve to win every game, luck plays a part in football of course and it will swing both ways over a season for every club.

Today we scored, they didn't, 3 points for us, job done.

It was said last season many times, that Man United just hadn't performed but scraped the wins.

Champions.

By my reckoning, that means we're definitely going to win the league!

It was said last season many times, that Man United just hadn't performed but scraped the wins.

Champions.

By my reckoning, that means we're definitely going to win the league!

And going by Bris's theory Man Utd will get dicked on 4/5-0 this season.

ha. Flash back?

I'd expect to be sold something at least. But the man speaks sense, particularly when he told S.Davies to not be so hard on himself.

Yeah, i agree.

Enjoyed his interview.

And WTF?? Nigel sounded.... like...... happy? I'm sure he laughed at one point.

Watch Man United over a season and tell me they deserve to win every game, luck plays a part in football of course and it will swing both ways over a season for every club.

Today we scored, they didn't, 3 points for us, job done.

Im confused, you just said teams coming out with 3 points are worthy of the 3 points.. ie. deserving of the win..

Manchester United were extremely fortunate in at least 7 games last season.. They picked up at least 10 points over the season through luck.

The thought of being delighted with the points and blanking out the performance is wrong.. They go hand in hand.. You eventually get the results your performances deserve.. We know that through the complete contrast in the George Burley team (20th to 4th) and Billy Davies (promotion to breaking lowest points records)

If we carry on with these sorts of performances we'll be down there at the bottom, garaunteed.

And going by Bris's theory Man Utd will get dicked on 4/5-0 this season.

Did they not get d!cked in the CL final against a superior opposition?

Manchester United picking up lucky points and being top of the league is nothing like us picking up fortunate wins at second tier level..

Im confused, you just said teams coming out with 3 points are worthy of the 3 points.. ie. deserving of the win..

Manchester United were extremely fortunate in at least 7 games last season.. They picked up at least 10 points over the season through luck.

The thought of being delighted with the points and blanking out the performance is wrong.. They go hand in hand.. You eventually get the results your performances deserve.. We know that through the complete contrast in the George Burley team (20th to 4th) and Billy Davies (promotion to breaking lowest points records)

If we carry on with these sorts of performances we'll be down there at the bottom, garaunteed.

Be nice to see some attacking/passing football rather than the defensive hoofball, but that's the championship for you.

We haven't bought in any stellar signings, we're relying a lot on young players stepping it up.

We're gonna have to play hoof ball sometimes, whilst playing the pass and move groove against slightly weaker teams like Peterborough.

They do deserve the win yes, they put the ball in the net more than the other team. If you don't put the ball in the net how can you expect to win?

Watford today didn't so deserve nothing and that's thanks to our defence and keeper playing well.

We've played 2 league games, just 2 and rather than look at the positives you are choosing to pick out the negatives.

How about giving the keeper and defence abit of praise? last season we cracked so many times under pressure and lost alot of points. The 2 games this season would suggest they have sorted a few things out at the back.

Also most of us online this afternoon have been listening to the commentary and all our opinions on the performance are based on what has come out of Bloomfield's mouth, some of which were corrected by Roger Davis. Let's wait till we've seen footage of the game before critising the performance and hear what the people who went have to say.

Be nice to see some attacking/passing football rather than the defensive hoofball, but that's the championship for you.

We haven't bought in any stellar signings, we're relying a lot on young players stepping it up.

We're gonna have to play hoof ball sometimes, whilst playing the pass and move groove against slightly weaker teams like Peterborough.

Whilst I understand Clough has hardly been given a packet, I'd just like him to have some sort of plan to play attacking football.. Even against strong opposition, just try and keep the ball.. Pass!

Just been looking around the NPC results, Millwall well and truly dominated Forest.. Sounds good :D

I wouldn't.. Just like with BDs team, we'll eventually get found out and start getting whacked 4/5-0

Whilst it's great to have 6 points, our performances haven't been worthy of it.

Time for a quote (I think from the great Bill Shankley): "The team that scores the most goals is the better team, anything else is just rumour" or something like that :D

They do deserve the win yes, they put the ball in the net more than the other team. If you don't put the ball in the net how can you expect to win?

Watford today didn't so deserve nothing and that's thanks to our defence and keeper playing well.

We've played 2 league games, just 2 and rather than look at the positives you are choosing to pick out the negatives.

How about giving the keeper and defence abit of praise? last season we cracked so many times under pressure and lost alot of points. The 2 games this season would suggest they have sorted a few things out at the back.

Also most of us online this afternoon have been listening to the commentary and all our opinions on the performance are based on what has come out of Bloomfield's mouth, some of which were corrected by Roger Davis. Let's wait till we've seen footage of the game before critising the performance and hear what the people who went have to say.

Very true. When I've heard Bloomfields commentaries AND later watched the game on player I can't believe how poor the comments can be. Don't listen to the commentary any more too negative by far!

Good teams get get found out against superior opposition when they win when playing poorly.

Difference is here, we're not very good.

:mad:

I don't comment on here very often but when I read things like this is really pees me off. Played 2, won 2 (in the league ;)). There appear to be one or two people on here who just don't seem able to see things from any side other than the negative (Bris Vegas, young ram, in particular).

Moan when there is something to moan about... come back Wednesday night for example. You might get what you seem to want; a Derby defeat.

not sure how anyone who wasnt there can say what kind of football we played?

we have a young side, finding their feet, we are bound to be inconsistant and show naivity at times but this is great experience for o'brien, hendrick and co.

until the side is fit and settled we wont be at our best.

6 points out of 6

lets just be pleased

Archived