Joey Barton

MuespachRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sic is the abbreviation for sicut, the latin for "just as".

Lynne Truss covers it in "Eats, shoots and leaves".

Basically it usually means "I'm a clever b*stard who spotted an error from the original writer so don't shoot the messenger".

</grammar mod>

did sicut really need shortening to sic?

That's similar to the argument that it is easier to say 'world wide web' then it is to say 'double u, double u, double u' before reading out a web page, personally I just don't bother with the w's because the sites load perfectly well without them.

Sounds about right, Stoke is full of thugs. He could get up to his off the pitch antics and it would be classed as the norm. Just as an aside- How the F have Stoke 60 grand a week spare? Hopefully it's true and the little **** puts them in administration.

Sounds about right, Stoke is full of thugs. He could get up to his off the pitch antics and it would be classed as the norm. Just as an aside- How the F have Stoke 60 grand a week spare? Hopefully it's true and the little **** puts them in administration.

Daveo's gambling habit................................

I dont suppose it could be from the £60,000,000 Sky money:rolleyes:

He's just the sort of player Arsenal need,someone who can get stuck in in midfield

I agree with you. They lost Fabregas and Nasri 95%, Rosicky is going to be in the first team I suppose, Gervinho also. They need one holding midfielder for their 4-2-3-1. After all, they have money to spend.

If he just played football, nothing else, then he and Bellamy would be probably be playing in Europe every season. Bellamy perhaps losing it a bit now, but when he was pushed towards the exit at City last time he was one of their best performers from that season before!

But people don't really want their baggage. Barton imo could and should be playing for England based on his ability. But he's made it an easy decision to not pick him. No one will question their manager not signing a player like Barton no matter how good he is.

I'd rather see a player with that ability play for England ahead of Lampard (not the same one that has it so cushy at Chelsea is it?), Barry and Carrick.

But he makes up excuses managers can use to ignore him.

I'd have him

Capello has apparently said he won't play him because he (Barton) WILL get sent off. (BBC I think)

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9562448.stm) - Reckon he could be off to Zenit St Petersburg.

If Stoke pull it off, what a signing for them.

I'm of the opinion the guy is trying to straighten himself out, so good luck to him on that. Quality player, good enough for any of the so called big clubs.

Archived