Ishmael Miller

Alex W

They are, but people don't understand in which way I mean and I don't seem to be able to explain it very well. I've explained this in person to someone who didn't get what I was saying either and they did get where I was coming from. I seem to be failing at those explanations here.

And thanks, I am a big fan of those fans. In particular Captain Jack, I idolise that man :D

I understand where you are coming from, I just don't think that you are right!!:D

Do you mean you're a big fan of those films? Hahaha!!! Bed time for you I think!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand where you are coming from, I just don't think that you are right!!:D

Do you mean you're a big fan of those films? Hahaha!!! Bed time for you I think!!

Gahhhhhh, tis so bloody mind bogglingly simple! lol. RIGHT!

Attempt two:

Imagine you've got two blank canvases in place of Porter and Miller. Don't see their body shape/size or whatever, see two blank human canvases...........stop thinking of blank female canvases and keep your mind on the job.

Now, think of the abilities and skills accessible to them, as individual players. Don't think about how they play or how they look, still see the blank canvas, but think of their talents. Both of them have:

Miller/Porter

Power, strength, speed and decent finishing ability. (Admittedly, you're going to have to ignore Porters injury that buggered him up as my comparison was with the fully fit Porter that we first had. So just pretend up that Porter still has pace)

Now, Chris Porter and Ishmael Miller have pretty similiar skills in this way. They both have power, to hold off defenders while running. They both have strength, to win tussles at corners/long balls etc. They both have (or both had) pace. They also both possess the fine art of sticking the ball into the net more often than not.

If you had a blank canvas, the players would be pretty similiar. That was my point. But that's where the similarities end, as you have all been saying. Millers pace, which while Porter did have some in his locker, outstrips Porter quite easily if they were to run the 100m. On the other hand, Porters finishing is of a better quality, so he doesn't need to be using the pace that he has all the time when he can suit a very different (and probably more effective for him) play style.

Then you bring into their physical appearances, which are decieving. Miller is a big lad built like a tank. Porter isn't that big of a lad, but he's deceivngly strong. Like Buxton for example, who looks small but manages to shove much bigger players off of the ball at times.

Because of their physical shapes, and the slight difference in ability, they're suited to playing different roles to each other. Miller uses his pace constantly, and bullies defenders with his size. Porter is not as big height wise, and not as pacey, but uses the same skills that Miller does to a different end. He plays the poacher role, for the most part. Although against Leicester at home (The Weale own goal game) Porter played upfront alone and bullied their defense, and also took players on, he even did some step-overs I seem to recall. He was using the same stuff that Miller does, because they have roughly the same skillset at their disposal. Just a few changes in physical shape and a difference in pace means they now play totally different games to each other. (Well they both play football obviously, but you know what I mean).

But! That's moving on from the point. If you were to draw their skills in a game on a canvas without looking at them, they would have very similiar skill sets, give or take the odd difference.

I have no doubts that none of that made sense and you're probably even more against my theory than before, but I can't seem to explain this to save my life. But hey, it's my comparison, and ******** to it. I knew what I was talking about, even if nobody else seems to :D

Now, if anyone needs me i'll just be......erm.......OHHH, look over there!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnyy1dvKnc1qf30h3

Did anyone actually read more than the 1st paragraph? Sorry I didn't, it's like you are comparing Heskey (when he was younger) to Peter crouch and saying they have similar attributes, which in a way they do, but every single player in the world have similar attributes, a set amount of pace at their disposal but some are quicker than others, good in the air but some are better than others etc

Just my opinion, oh and everyone else also. :D

Gahhhhhh, tis so bloody mind bogglingly simple! lol. RIGHT!

Attempt two:

Imagine you've got two blank canvases in place of Porter and Miller. Don't see their body shape/size or whatever, see two blank human canvases...........stop thinking of blank female canvases and keep your mind on the job.

Now, think of the abilities and skills accessible to them, as individual players. Don't think about how they play or how they look, still see the blank canvas, but think of their talents. Both of them have:

Miller/Porter

Power, strength, speed and decent finishing ability. (Admittedly, you're going to have to ignore Porters injury that buggered him up as my comparison was with the fully fit Porter that we first had. So just pretend up that Porter still has pace)

Now, Chris Porter and Ishmael Miller have pretty similiar skills in this way. They both have power, to hold off defenders while running. They both have strength, to win tussles at corners/long balls etc. They both have (or both had) pace. They also both possess the fine art of sticking the ball into the net more often than not.

If you had a blank canvas, the players would be pretty similiar. That was my point. But that's where the similarities end, as you have all been saying. Millers pace, which while Porter did have some in his locker, outstrips Porter quite easily if they were to run the 100m. On the other hand, Porters finishing is of a better quality, so he doesn't need to be using the pace that he has all the time when he can suit a very different (and probably more effective for him) play style.

Then you bring into their physical appearances, which are decieving. Miller is a big lad built like a tank. Porter isn't that big of a lad, but he's deceivngly strong. Like Buxton for example, who looks small but manages to shove much bigger players off of the ball at times.

Because of their physical shapes, and the slight difference in ability, they're suited to playing different roles to each other. Miller uses his pace constantly, and bullies defenders with his size. Porter is not as big height wise, and not as pacey, but uses the same skills that Miller does to a different end. He plays the poacher role, for the most part. Although against Leicester at home (The Weale own goal game) Porter played upfront alone and bullied their defense, and also took players on, he even did some step-overs I seem to recall. He was using the same stuff that Miller does, because they have roughly the same skillset at their disposal. Just a few changes in physical shape and a difference in pace means they now play totally different games to each other. (Well they both play football obviously, but you know what I mean).

But! That's moving on from the point. If you were to draw their skills in a game on a canvas without looking at them, they would have very similiar skill sets, give or take the odd difference.

I have no doubts that none of that made sense and you're probably even more against my theory than before, but I can't seem to explain this to save my life. But hey, it's my comparison, and ******** to it. I knew what I was talking about, even if nobody else seems to :D

Now, if anyone needs me i'll just be......erm.......OHHH, look over there!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnyy1dvKnc1qf30h3

You need to get out more.

Archived