Ishmael Miller

Alex W

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, alright, they're not the same, but there is something in that theory.

They do have similiar attributes.

The type of comparison i'm thinking of is Marvin Emnes and Van Der Meyde. Both had very similiar attribute, but play in entirely different ways, to the point where Van Der Meydes pace was entirely forgotten about and people only know him as the technical player.

Emnes doesn't have the same level of skill that he did, but a lesser form of it. Yet he plays using his pace rather than technical skill for the most part, likes running past people than stopping and crossing, picking up passes.

That's the type of comparison I was trying to make. Realise it's not that clear but my theory does stand.......I think.

Oh bugger it, I knew what I meant.

Just because they look different doesn't mean they don't have the same skills! It was a dodgy comparison but there are truths to it.

No. But if they don't have the same skills, they usually don't have the same skills ;)

You feed the ball to Porter's head, you feed the ball to Miller's feet. Therein lies the massive difference between the traditional targetman/centre forward, and the modern-day lone striker.

Right! This is my point and then i'll leave it.

Bith Chris and Ishmael have strength, they're both built up lads. They can both head a ball, though it isn't Ishmaels prerogative.

But the similarity wasn't just in that they're both strong players, they both have a set pace at their disposal. Millers pace far exceeds Porters now, he easily had the beating of him beforehand, but Porter also had pace.

That burst against Swansea was something he did in League One a fair bit too, while not a player you would class as someone to run at defences he could out-pace them in a straight run, so a knock on used to be something Porter would use. They both have good finishing, Porter probably the better of the two.

My point is that both of them had similiar attributes at their disposal. Miller due to his size and strength coupled with his pace uses a 'Kuqi' style play, bullies people. If he's not doing that, he's hoping for through balls.

Porter is big, but doesn't use his strength in the same way. He tends to play more of a poacher role, as we all know. Waits for the 'oppurtune moment' as it were, to try and nick in with a goal. He can however also play the same role that Miller often uses and be the advanced striker, waiting for the ball to be knocked past the defender and he'll battle/out-pace the defender most of the time and get a shot in at goal.

Despite their different play styles they do have a similiar skill set to use from. That was my point. That is why he reminded me of Porter. And that's that.

No. Though you could be, if you wanted to, because you have the abilities to do so.

See what i'm getting at? lol.

Miller COULD have played the Porter role had he come in on loan. (Had he even been a target, as it seems not)

I could be a duck!?

You're clutching at straws here mate!

You could do the same role as a duck, is my point, you have the skill set to do so! (Though why you would is anyones guess)

I knew what I meant, people seem to think that i'm comparing them in terms of how they play on the pitch. I'm comparing their skills, their abilities, etc.

As they are similiar. Just one has a little more finishing, and the other a little pace. (Or alot more, since Porter buggered his hip up)

Give it up Alex, they are not similar. How many more people do you want to tell you?!?

(Nice POTC quote there):p:D

They are, but people don't understand in which way I mean and I don't seem to be able to explain it very well. I've explained this in person to someone who didn't get what I was saying either and they did get where I was coming from. I seem to be failing at those explanations here.

And thanks, I am a big fan of those fans. In particular Captain Jack, I idolise that man :D

Archived