Exeter City v Derby County

froggg

My answer to you would be get the rose tints specs off, and stop being a tad condescending:)

Sorry - it just annoys me haha.

And don't tell me I'm wearing rose-tinted spectacles, I'm hopelessly dissapointed about our summer signings. Buutttt you can't use pre-season performances or results as any kind of decent judge of how your season will pan out. I'm just not interested in pre-season. Clubs only fool you that they're serious so that you buy tickets to go to the game to make more money out of you.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry - it just annoys me haha.

And don't tell me I'm wearing rose-tinted spectacles, I'm hopelessly dissapointed about our summer signings. Buutttt you can't use pre-season performances or results as any kind of decent judge of how your season will pan out. I'm just not interested in pre-season. Clubs only fool you that they're serious so that you buy tickets to go to the game to make more money out of you.

I hope you are right, but:rolleyes:

I hope you are right, but....:rolleyes:

....it doesn't look good does it :mad: All I hope is that the players are match sharpe next Saturday and that we can prove we can play well, then we'll see how well this pre-season has gone. Any victory will feel hollow though - injuries in certain positions will cause us big problems.

It's this time more than any time that you've had a right to be pessimistic, smiffy. The past two seasons I had kinda been expecting and I don't see what more we could have done. But I got my hopes up for the future about this promised investment and we haven't made the squad significantly better, on paper at least.

But all that's based on our trasnfer dealings, we can't say anything else yet - and that's our only hope. Leicester, Forest and a host of other Championship clubs have flown all over Europe and hosted massive clubs at home chasing money and glory this pre-season, while we've been playing by ourselves at home concentrating on actually getting ready. That might give us a slight heads up early on, who knows.

can i ask why are we playing a team 3 days before we start the season? and not a team where we can put out the reserves, we will have to put out a good squad, why 3 days before? To me the performances are a tad worrying, obviously this is only pre season and results and performances don't matter, however the mindset the players are in probably won't be helped by these results.

However as long as nigel knows which team he wants to put out, in what formation and as long as he has those players then pre season has probably gone pretty well.

can i ask why are we playing a team 3 days before we start the season? and not a team where we can put out the reserves, we will have to put out a good squad, why 3 days before? To me the performances are a tad worrying, obviously this is only pre season and results and performances don't matter, however the mindset the players are in probably won't be helped by these results.

However as long as nigel knows which team he wants to put out, in what formation and as long as he has those players then pre season has probably gone pretty well.

If Nigel now that he should go on Penn and Teller, he would certainly fool them:D

It's pre-season! It is pre-season!

It's pre-season. This is still pre-season.

Please tell me you understand why I keep repeating this. The lack of fullbacks and central strikers is a worry but you can not use our performances to judge how well we will do this season. Even if we do turn out to be crap, we'll be crap in a different way to how we're crap now. It's pre-season.

It's 11 v 11, it's a game where a lot of the players will be around the first team next year. Yes it's pre season, but it's pre season for the opposition as well, the players are still trying to win the game.

I know it doesnt matter a jot, but the lack of goals is concerning and the lack of improvement that we've shown as the games have gone on.

I am personally glad we're losing because whats the point in using all our wins up in pre-season, surely best bet is to save them for the season? no..

Yeah, it is a worry now.. I jokingly said, I bet we've lost and when I found out we did, it was a strange feeling of acceptance.. I don't want to get used to this! :eek:

Im worried like few other that the first choice team going into the season whatever it is aren't playing together. Surely that's why you do your business early. Again as I've said before I never feel clough knows what his plans are, it always seems let's keep trying everything then something might come good

Im worried like few other that the first choice team going into the season whatever it is aren't playing together. Surely that's why you do your business early. Again as I've said before I never feel clough knows what his plans are, it always seems let's keep trying everything then something might come good

possibly......

the injuries have definately disrupted things, and exposed the limitations of the squad. And its not clear that there is a big idea or a plan, but based on what we've seen...here's my team to play Brum.

.............................fielding

brayford.......anderson.......o'brien.........roberts

cywka.........davies b.......maguire........ward

.................davies s........tyson

subs

legzdins

robinson

ball

bryson

shackell

I just hope theirs no 4132 formation next Saturday.

It'll be a game of who can score the most.

Nice, if your gambling man or supremely confident in your strikers.

Any, but put Tyson on the bench or on the wing.

Not bothered about the scores, but if you see a weakness in Pre-season, you'd be a fool to ignore it.

Weaknesses we've had imo:

Poor protection for defence. Possibly not even as well protected as they were by a knackered Sav and a classy but weak Bailey.

Brayford took a blow today, Roberts felt uncomfortable. If you were worried then, consider it a warning.

Wasted chances. A striker on loan would be lovely. Billy Sharp on a transfer would be halfway to mounting a Play Off challenge. I get fed up of football being played on finance sheets. We want to make the PL, we're going to need to score goals. Let's get a goalscorer from a (no disrespect intended) lesser club like Doncaster.

Think we have enough in Ward and Davies to get a decent scorer in the charts though. So that's much less of a priority imo. But still, finance this, budget that, profit, loss, turnover....... just get the players we need man! Billy Sharp wont put Derby in administration.... but he might fire us into the PL. His record is superb.

possibly......

the injuries have definately disrupted things, and exposed the limitations of the squad. And its not clear that there is a big idea or a plan, but based on what we've seen...here's my team to play Brum.

.............................fielding

brayford.......anderson.......o'brien.........roberts

cywka.........davies b.......maguire........ward

.................davies s........tyson

subs

legzdins

robinson

ball

bryson

shackell

I think Shackell will start assuming he gets 60-70 minutes under his belt on Wednesday.

Is that a normal 4-4-2 formation, none of those midfielders can play the holding role.

I think Shackell will start assuming he gets 60-70 minutes under his belt on Wednesday.

Is that a normal 4-4-2 formation, none of those midfielders can play the holding role.

maybe but o'brien might just deserve his place and that would keep the others on their toes...

as for the holding role....we can only pick who's fit ....maybe davies can do a good enough job and deserves his chance...its only brum .......i'd have tried leacock but we havent. There's no real threat in their centre midfield.....and dont tell me we should be scared of Jordan Mutch.

Swansea didnt have an orthodox holding player and it didnt do them much harm?

............................Myhill

Carr.........Davies.......Caldwell.......Ridgewell

Burke.......Gomis........Mutch..........Fahey

..............Rooney......Asante

King is injured, Jerome is injured or on his way out

Rooney and Burke are the main threat.

Archived