Exeter City v Derby County

froggg

a bit of truth in the fact that this has been disappointing.....

the games have exposed a lack of cover in certain positions

not sure how nigel wants the team to be set up.

strange to rehabilitate croft but not leacock

surely leacock could play DM?

i personally cannot see any point in Conor Doyle

but hey ho....we'll see soon.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah and we had a good start up until november.

Its no guide at all. As long as I can remember, the way a season pans out could never be foretold by how we played in pre-season friendlies.

I'd hardly call winning 1 game in your first 6 a good start.. (4 points from a possible 18)

It only started to click when we signed Kuqi, Fielding and Bueno..

And we all know how the season panned out anywhere.. The team that started those 6 games was actually stronger than our team now.. Scary that.

I'd hardly call winning 1 game in your first 6 a good start.. (4 points from a possible 18)

It only started to click when we signed Kuqi, Fielding and Bueno..

And we all know how the season panned out anywhere.. The team that started those 6 games was actually stronger than our team now.. Scary that.

1 out of the first 8 wasn't it including going out of the L/C

1 out of the first 8 wasn't it including going out of the L/C

Leeds 1-2 Derby

Crewe 1-0 Derby

Derby 1-2 Cardiff

Cov 2-1 Derby

Derby 2-2 QPR

Derby 0-1 Sheff Utd

Hull 2-0 Derby

break

Derby 5-0 Palace (with Bueno, Kuqi and Fielidng) I think.. I could be wrong.

leeds 1-2 derby

crewe 1-0 derby

derby 1-2 cardiff

cov 2-1 derby

derby 2-2 qpr

derby 0-1 sheff utd

hull 2-0 derby

barnsley 1-1 derbybreak

derby 5-0 palace (with bueno, kuqi and fielidng) i think.. I could be wrong.

ok :)

Ah yes, missed out our battling draw with the mighty Barnsley.

Our supposed great set of NPC CBs have done a good job recently, 6 goals conceded in 4 games against the likes of Exeter, Macclesfield, Morecombe and Crewe.

OK, no more negativity.. Positive thinking!

We're going to avoid relegation this season!. If I say it 1000 times I'll soon start to believe it! Job done :D

Our supposed great set of NPC CBs have done a good job recently, 6 goals conceded in 4 games against the likes of Exeter, Macclesfield, Morecombe and Crewe.

We're going to avoid relegation this season!. If I say it 1000 times I'll soon start to believe it! Job done :D

Your missing the point. The debate was whether preseason matches matter. You obviously think they do - I don't.

We may well have a crap season, I don't know. I don't believe the friendlies tell us that.

We were 4th after 4 months last season - that could be classed as a good start.

For goodness sake Bris, you know your stuff! It's pre-season for crying out loud!!

Does anybody at all understand how football works on this thread?

You do realise that using the "It's only pre-season" argument is giving everyone licence to start moaning when we start losing proper league games.......;)

You're allowed to complain a little bit more when it's serious and competitive ;)

But it seems to be that because we can't keep a clean sheet against Exeter in a friendly, we're condemned to another season of misery.

I guess if Leicester beat Real Madrid this evening in their friendly, they could mount a serious Champions League challenge.

I can see both sides of the argument. No point getting worked up over meaningless games. However, conceding quite a few goals and scoring only a few against frankly, sh1te teams, doesn't exactly bode well.
A week before the start of the season, and we are rubbish, no settled side or formation,and you think there is nothing to worry about.

A week before the start of the season, and people are still saying if we get this and we get that we will be OK, and you still say no worries.:confused:

A week before the start of the season, and we are rubbish, no settled side or formation,and you think there is nothing to worry about.

A week before the start of the season, and people are still saying if we get this and we get that we will be OK, and you still say no worries.:confused:

There's a difference between 'getting worked up' and 'being worried'. The current situation IS worrying, but breaking out the pitchforks now is just going to create a self-fulfilling prophecy of a disastrous start.

As I said earlier, I'd like to know whether Glick seriously still thinks that we can make the top six this season, because if he does, with the current set-up, then he's either lying or just plain stupid.

It's pre-season! It is pre-season!

It's pre-season. This is still pre-season.

Please tell me you understand why I keep repeating this. The lack of fullbacks and central strikers is a worry but you can not use our performances to judge how well we will do this season. Even if we do turn out to be crap, we'll be crap in a different way to how we're crap now. It's pre-season.

Derby 8 Eastwood 0

Derby 5 Morecombe 0

Derby 10 Macclesfield 0

Derby 21 Matlock Town 5 (ok I'm from Matlock...ish)

Deby 4 Exeter 1

Now argue against that!

I'd say wait until we play in a competitve match against serious oppostion.

Pre-season is a means to an end, results have nothing at all to do with it.

It's pre-season! It is pre-season!

It's pre-season. This is still pre-season.

Please tell me you understand why I keep repeating this. The lack of fullbacks and central strikers is a worry but you can not use our performances to judge how well we will do this season. Even if we do turn out to be crap, we'll be crap in a different way to how we're crap now. It's pre-season.

My answer to you would be get the rose tints specs off, and stop being a tad condescending:)

Archived