Jake Buxton

admira

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get rid this fat ****.

It's time for O'Brien and Jones.

I really wonder about you sometimes. You've already written off Tyson after two fricking friendlies.

Buxton was one of our best players in 09/10. Always solid if a bit slow, but he managed to keep a £30million striker absolutely anonymous at St James Park. Unfortunate that injuries are hampering him...as they have for the majority of the squad.

I honestly believed if we'd signed Buxton or Pringle from Arsenal's reserves and they played exactly the same those fans who chastised the two for every mistake would be criticising Clough whenever he dropped them

buxton = GARBAGE useless slow and pointless, as pointless as the fecking amateur ginger we decided to sign from the bankrupt outfit ilkeston town, NIGEL YOU ARE NOT YOUR FATHER, you can't sign players from the non league and make them epic, get rid, anyway anyhow, cancel his contract, lead him away with chips to meadow lane see if they will take him, just get rid.

buxton = GARBAGE useless slow and pointless, as pointless as the fecking amateur ginger we decided to sign from the bankrupt outfit ilkeston town, NIGEL YOU ARE NOT YOUR FATHER, you can't sign players from the non league and make them epic, get rid, anyway anyhow, cancel his contract, lead him away with chips to meadow lane see if they will take him, just get rid.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3MH8UjUHOLc/SndIB2547fI/AAAAAAAAIEE/gsOlQAePb0k/s400/05

A bit harsh, but I suppose in the ruthless world of football, Buxton is on his way out. He was bought as a stop-gap for a cheap fee.

That cheap stop-gap purchase is what grips my shiit tbh as I don't agree with building on 2nd rate players which either Clough was forced to do or chose to do (make your minds up ref Yanks) If Clough hadn't been non-league and had been a bit more forceful with his propositions of purchases to The Yanks, perhaps we wouldn't have got in so many injury prone, now useless aquisitions.

Either way Buxton is far too injury prone to even be worthy of making the tea/coffee and should be offloaded, harsh but true.

As for the future, we still need 2 or 3 players before the season starts.

A bit harsh, but I suppose in the ruthless world of football, Buxton is on his way out. He was bought as a stop-gap for a cheap fee.

That cheap stop-gap purchase is what grips my shiit tbh as I don't agree with building on 2nd rate players which either Clough was forced to do or chose to do (make your minds up ref Yanks) If Clough hadn't been non-league and had been a bit more forceful with his propositions of purchases to The Yanks, perhaps we wouldn't have got in so many injury prone, now useless aquisitions.

Either way Buxton is far too injury prone to even be worthy of making the tea/coffee and should be offloaded, harsh but true.

As for the future, we still need 2 or 3 players before the season starts.

Need two or three more players before the season starts, completely agree if we want to be top 6, unless the unkowns turn out to be world beaters.

Completely harsh on Buxton though, thought he did a good job when he came in. Was he injury prone at Burton? I honestly don't know, he was cheap though, I'm sure he has done as much for us as Claude McFarland but cost around 11 million less

I genuinely cannot see how anyone can call Buxton woeful, as Wilko said he was very solid during his first season here and didn't play at all last season so how can you call him crap?

If he had pace he would be the best defender at the club by a mile, his movement has ruined a potential brilliant career, in his 20+ games or so, he has probably lost 3-4 headers and he is smaller than I am, I like Bucko a lot in terms of back up a much reliable option to Leacock.

I quite like Buxton.

His partnership with Barker might just of kept us out of League 1 in 09/10.

Also, Ayala had some right blunders. But they all got forgiven.

Not saying Buxton is better than Ayala. Just that he's not done a lot wrong imo.

The injuries need to clear up though. Just like with Steve Davies.

Awful injury record, granted, but to label his play the way some of you have on here is nothing short disgusting and shows how blinkered some of you are towards players signed from lower levels. I assume it is the same usual suspects who also made their minds up on Brayford and Bailey before even seeing them.

I'll be the first to admit that sometimes he has been found wanting and has been wrapped in knots by a few opponents but this guy has cost us next to nothing and his effort has often helped make up for what he lacks in speed and skill.

Would also say that he has probably cost us less goals than Ayala buit because he came from Liverpool some of you go on like he is the best defender to ever set foot on Pride Park!

Now might be the time for Buxton to go but I think he will go with the thanks of a lot of fans.

Barker, Shackell, O'Brien, Jones, Addison, Anderson, Riggott, Leacock, Buxton

Far too many CBs - I can see Leacock going to get him off the wagebill, and I can see Buxton going, because as others have pointed out, he was a stopgap measure, and his injury record at the moment isn't acceptable.

If it were me, I'd let Buxton go now, and then come January, when Addison returns, I'd probably let Anderson go as well.

Barker and Shackell will obviously be the first choice pairing with Riggott and (eventually) Addison to provide cover - that leaves Jones and O'Brien who we could plug in whenever, where ever to nurture their development.

Leacock, Buxton and Anderson might be surplus to requirements at the moment, although Anderson looks like he'll have a role given that Clough has been playing him in the friendlies.

Its that long since he played I'm surprised that you can remember him - would've thought you'd have been still shitting green and wearing nappies.

rubbish, just rubbish. Buxton has been very solid since he has been here, absolutely nothing wrong with his ability. Unfortunately we probably will have to get rid though as he can't stay fit, big season for him coming up.

Archived