Jake Buxton

admira

rubbish, just rubbish. Buxton has been very solid since he has been here, absolutely nothing wrong with his ability. Unfortunately we probably will have to get rid though as he can't stay fit, big season for him coming up.

Hes never going to set the place alight but I dont think he has ever let us down. I was going to say that we could afford to let him go because we have an abundance of centre backs but then I remembered that statistics show that you are more likely to get injured as a centre back at Derby than as an Infantry Solier in Afghanistan. I say we need to buy at least 7 more centre halfs to get us through the season.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hes never going to set the place alight but I dont think he has ever let us down. I was going to say that we could afford to let him go because we have an abundance of centre backs but then I remembered that statistics show that you are more likely to get injured as a centre back at Derby than as an Infantry Solier in Afghanistan. I say we need to buy at least 7 more centre halfs to get us through the season.

A good point.

I agree. :D

he's still got a place in the pecking order.....

1. barker

2. shackell

3. anderson

4. riggott

5. brayford

6. addison

7. o'brien

8. someone on loan

9. buxton

Bucko was always a back up, cost us very little and did ok when he played.

If he was fit and the other CB's were fit, he would have gone on loan this year (with a recall) and would be leaving next year. He has been our 5th choice CB until O'Brien has been good enough to be it.

I'm not sure some people understand employment law and the fact that you can't just 'get rid' of staff on a fixed term contract. What I am sure of is I'm glad some posters on here aren't my boss, with such a lack of understanding.

buxton = GARBAGE useless slow and pointless, as pointless as the fecking amateur ginger we decided to sign from the bankrupt outfit ilkeston town, NIGEL YOU ARE NOT YOUR FATHER, you can't sign players from the non league and make them epic, get rid, anyway anyhow, cancel his contract, lead him away with chips to meadow lane see if they will take him, just get rid.

And you wonder why some people take offence to your postings.

Bucko was always a back up, cost us very little and did ok when he played.

If he was fit and the other CB's were fit, he would have gone on loan this year (with a recall) and would be leaving next year. He has been our 5th choice CB until O'Brien has been good enough to be it.

I'm not sure some people understand employment law and the fact that you can't just 'get rid' of staff on a fixed term contract. What I am sure of is I'm glad some posters on here aren't my boss, with such a lack of understanding.

Well for a start, fixed-term contacts of over a year don't exist in the real world. If you've been employed for a year and they don't "renew" your contact, you have the same rights as permanent staff, i.e. a redundancy package etc.

People have forgotten his strengths as a player. He was a decent option for us when we needed cover. His injuries don't make him a bad player. He may make his recovery finally and be able to play for us. He always gave his all for the team and was outstanding in the Newcastle games. All our centre backs seemed to be cursed with injuries.

Well for a start, fixed-term contacts of over a year don't exist in the real world. If you've been employed for a year and they don't "renew" your contact, you have the same rights as permanent staff, i.e. a redundancy package etc.

The management at my old job were on 3 year contracts.

• 2 weeks later...
They paid 2 months loyalty pay. Similar to the 1 month footballers get at the end of their contract.

And that is legally unsound. If they were of a mind to challenge it, they would win, unless the company called it a redundancy package... in which case, the company can't hire anyone else in the same position for a period of time (I think it's three years but I might be wrong on that).

And that is legally unsound. If they were of a mind to challenge it, they would win, unless the company called it a redundancy package... in which case, the company can't hire anyone else in the same position for a period of time (I think it's three years but I might be wrong on that).

So they change the job title and description and hey presto it's not employing them in the same position.

They are always restructuring the management structure creating new positions and removing others.

So they change the job title and description and hey presto it's not employing them in the same position.

They are always restructuring the management structure creating new positions and removing others.

Well quite.

I was only saying what the law is... I certainly don't doubt the many loopholes.

Archived