Shackell Suffers Calf Injury

Alex W

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it really matter if he missed a couple of pre-season games?

These games mean eff all.

Training is far more important and luckily he will be back way before the start of the season.

As long as he makes a couple of games it shouldn't matter too much, pre season is a chance for players to get 90 minutes on the pitch under their belt. Match fitness can't be gained on the training pitch.

Does it really matter if he missed a couple of pre-season games?

These games mean eff all.

Training is far more important and luckily he will be back way before the start of the season.

Managers always seem to place a lot of importance on players getting a full pre-season in and I agree from experience.

The games mean eff all but playing in a match situation means a hell of a lot.

Games under the belt are more important than running up hills.

This happens way too often for it to be a coincidence, or bad luck.

this is a good chance for chris riggort to take part in this game, and show us all just how fit he really is and also for to get closer to a contract.

He's been training by himself as he's not fit enough to join in properly with the 1st team yet.

i was also thinking because jake buxton also out, so this might force his hand but i rather him take him time and get fit, but then needs get macht fitness back again.

Not so much match fitness even, he's not even fit enough for training yet. That's why he's doing it by himself.

But I agree, it's really important to get him involved in friendlies. Unless he uses pre-season to get back in to the groove, we can forget about any return.

Just seen the whole of the article in the DET :D.

So we're going to play 2 teams for 45 mins each against Burton.

Righto, we've got 2 keepers who can both play 45 mins, that's easy.

Full backs, now it gets difficult, we've got one left back and one right back.

Center halves, we've got Anderson and erm, Leacock who he's trying to get rid of. Could also give O'Brien a game.

Center mid we've got two for two positions, maybe throw Hendrick in as well.

Forwards/Wingers/Wide midfield/3 behind the striker positions, well all our 6 Strikers seem to be in the same mould where they cover in midfield if need be, but there's 4 positions there so we're still short of 2 (1 if we're including the useless ginge).

I reckon we need another 8 players to do this Nige, maybe I should take my boots with me just in case?

Archived