Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surely they wouldnt have shearer.....theyre arent mad....fat wages...no real mangment experience apart from the negative....keane or ried......cant see either wanting it though...robinson said he wants t stay at mk dons.....(whatever floats your boat) even forest would be better....MK DONS? i mean come on

"Well, you COULD argue, but you would be wrong."

Well based on results theoretically he is... Theoretically you can hang an elephant from a cliff by tying it's tail to a daisy but looking at with a bit of common sense you know it's balls. I'd offer that using common sense you'd say George Burley, Arthur Cox & Jim Smith were infinitely better managers. And going on results Terry Westley is a better manager than Billy, he had a 100% win record, and he beat Man U...

Well, you COULD argue, but you would be wrong.

and, yes, in a season or two, he will be down to fourth best...

Shearer...Roy Keane....or better still, if they hang on a week or two they could get Steve Keen..!!

There is a difference between being a good manager for us and being a good manager in general..

If you are saying that Billy D has been our 3rd best manager in 36 years (ie. his record at DCFC in comparison to all our other managers' records at DCFC) then you're right.. Only Arthur Cox and Jim Smith had us in the top flight for more than a season..

However if you're saying he has been our 3rd best manager (on records on total including other clubs) then you're wrong.. George Burley, Paul Jewell and John Gregory just to name a few have more on their CV than Billy Davies.

There is a difference between being a good manager for us and being a good manager in general..

If you are saying that Billy D has been our 3rd best manager in 36 years (ie. his record at DCFC in comparison to all our other managers' records at DCFC) then you're right.. Only Arthur Cox and Jim Smith had us in the top flight for more than a season..

However if you're saying he has been our 3rd best manager (on records on total including other clubs) then you're wrong.. George Burley, Paul Jewell and John Gregory just to name a few have more on their CV than Billy Davies.

Other clubs are irrelevant. The big point here is that, based it purely on statistical record is a rubbish way of determining who the better manager was.

Other clubs are irrelevant. The big point here is that, based it purely on statistical record is a rubbish way of determining who the better manager was.

So we're in agreement that Billy Davies did the 3rd best job for us during the past 36 years however he isn't the 3rd best manager we've had in the past 36 years..

Sorry just wanted to clear that up.. Because until Billy achieves a top 10 position in the PL, he'll always just be a 'good' manager nothing more nothing less.. a 6/10 manager.

So we're in agreement that Billy Davies did the 3rd best job for us during the past 36 years however he isn't the 3rd best manager we've had in the past 36 years..

Can't say I'd go as far as agreeing with that. I wouldn't class the state he left the club in as doing a particularly good "job" either.

For the record, I'm most definitely not in the pro-BD club! (I thought he was the only one in that club anyway.)

Can't say I'd go as far as agreeing with that. I wouldn't class the state he left the club in as doing a particularly good "job" either.

For the record, I'm most definitely not in the pro-BD club! (I thought he was the only one in that club anyway.)

In getting the club promoted he did a good job, what happened after that showed him up.

He'll be the next Leeds manager when they sack Grayson at the end of the season.

Vile manager will go hand in hand with that vile club.

So back to Forest.. They're either destined for struggles for the next 5-10 years or so (similar to Sheff Wed) or they'll get extremely lucky with a lower league manager who'll take them up via the playoffs next season (about a 1 in 300 chance)..

So back to Forest.. They're either destined for struggles for the next 5-10 years or so (similar to Sheff Wed) or they'll get extremely lucky with a lower league manager who'll take them up via the playoffs next season (about a 1 in 300 chance)..

1 in 300 chance ??

Quite a few of the clubs getting promoted from this league have had lower league managers, Lambert, Pardew or Pullis were never running big clubs for example.

Or was that your attempt at having a dig at NC ??? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

In getting the club promoted he did a good job, what happened after that showed him up.

He'll be the next Leeds manager when they sack Grayson at the end of the season.

Vile manager will go hand in hand with that vile club.

Got to love randomly made up statistics

He is the third best manager we have had in the last 36 years, that's why.

...fingers crossed they get Shearer...

Do you know what Billy Davies said after Wembley?

"I knew, when we won it, and I was looking at the Derby flags around the ground. They should have been Preston flags. It should have been preston that got promoted".

Still love him?

Cox's and TBE's sides were far superior to Davros'.

After that, promotion aside I preferred the football under Burley. What he achieved under the three amigoes was remarkable. Billy has the advantage of having the LOG behind him, who at least for a short while DID have a pot to piss in.

1 in 300 chance ??

Quite a few of the clubs getting promoted from this league have had lower league managers, Lambert, Pardew or Pullis were never running big clubs for example.

Or was that your attempt at having a dig at NC ??? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Your comparing 3 clubs there that have had money to spend, fresh young squads and a chairman that will back their manager.. Norwich and Southampton off the field are lightyears ahead of Forest.. Especially Southampton, they've had a fabulous youth academy to back them up..

Not quite sure what Forest actually think of their situation.. They're hugely in debt to a person who no longer wants a financial part of it, they don't own their ground, they've not got a particularly outstanding academy to fall back on, they have an aging squad, their wages are out of proportion, they don't have the attendances to pull them out of it.. They're non-profitable.. Whose gonna want to take over that sinking ship? And with the FFP, they have no other option than to cut back first..

As for the manager, who would want to take them over.. You can't do anything with them without going backwards first.. Whoever goes there will have to cull their massive overflated wagebill by selling off their best players (who? they're all average) and it will take them 3 years or more just to be in a decent financial position like ourselves.. (Welcome to League 1/**** football/relegation battles Forest)

So, they're in for a long haul.. Their only outlet is if they strike a miracle with a manager who gets their **** squad promoted within a season or two (Erm around 300 to 1)..

Forest just aren't an attractive proposition for anyone.. If the likes of Coventry, Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd are struggling for a decent owner, why would Forest all of a sudden jump out.. They have no opportunities, nothing.. Adios Forest, look on in envy from the bewilderness, you had your moment (the last 2 seasons). Your ship has sailed.

It took us 4 years to clear up the mess the poisoned chalice left us with, short-termism at it's most dangerous, he had absolutely no thought for how we were going to perform in the Prem once we got there, dismantled the reserves and had zero interest in the youth team. Look at his record in the Prem. Appalling. His team, he didn't have a clue, and when he realised he was in way above his head (which obviously isn't all that deep anyway), he bailed out and engineered his own sacking thinking we'd all be worshipping him. Then when he realised we were glad to be rid of him he showed his true hate-filled spiteful colours.

What would have happened to Forest if they'd gone up with this squad last season? No amount of money would have been good enough for him, it would have been exactly the same all over again. Now it's going to take them 4 years or maybe more to sort out the mess he's left behind, the difference this time is they have all been taken in by him and every manager from here on in will get it in the neck if he doesn't win every game.

&quot;Well, you COULD argue, but you would be wrong.&quot;

Well based on results theoretically he is... Theoretically you can hang an elephant from a cliff by tying it's tail to a daisy but looking at with a bit of common sense you know it's balls. I'd offer that using common sense you'd say George Burley, Arthur Cox &amp; Jim Smith were infinitely better managers. And going on results Terry Westley is a better manager than Billy, he had a 100% win record, and he beat Man U...

Terry Westley! Are you f***ing sure about that!

Archived