Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alot of wild conclusions and genealisations are being thrown around here. You have no idea who is going to get promoted this year, and even if we don't you've already been informed that the players have had big wage cuts but big sign on fees and that the FFP dont apply in this given year and that we've had more players wages leave than come in.

I tihnk your clutching at straws a little here thinking we're all of a sudden going to get rushed into adminitration for signing 5 players and letting 8 leave? Putting us and Leciester into the same boat, when they have players on 25k a week is riciculous.

Hold on a minute - who's left?

Bennett

Wilson

McKenna

Adebola

Earnshaw

Tyson

And coming in -

Greening

Miller

Derbyshire

Reid

Boateng

And you're trying to tell me that the latter's wages are going to be less than the formers?

Taking a pay cut isn't the same as being cheaper than what you had before, it means cheaper than they were being paid by their former clubs. If your new players are costing you less than the players that you got rid of in the summer then I'd be very surprised.

Considering that you were operating well past 100% of your turnover previously, this summer's likely done nothing to improve the situation.

Which leaves us back at square one - if you don't go up this year, then you won't be able to keep the same squad next season.

Hold on a minute - who's left?

Bennett

Wilson

McKenna

Adebola

Earnshaw

Tyson

And coming in -

Greening

Miller

Derbyshire

Reid

Boateng

And you're trying to tell me that the latter's wages are going to be less than the formers?

Taking a pay cut isn't the same as being cheaper than what you had before, it means cheaper than they were being paid by their former clubs. If your new players are costing you less than the players that you got rid of in the summer then I'd be very surprised.

Considering that you were operating well past 100% of your turnover previously, this summer's likely done nothing to improve the situation.

Which leaves us back at square one - if you don't go up this year, then you won't be able to keep the same squad next season.

And if you'd listened to me in my original posts, you would remember that i said i expect more players (McGoldrick, Tudgay, possibly Majewski or McGugan) to go through the exit door in the future IOT accomodate them!

And if you'd listened to me in my original posts, you would remember that i said i expect more players (McGoldrick, Tudgay, possibly Majewski or McGugan) to go through the exit door in the future IOT accomodate them!

What do you reckon you have done to your wage bill thus closed season? Cut it by about 25% or so. Let's say you cut it by 30% you will still be operating at about 80% of turnover, if your turnover stays the same as last season. ( I read a an article quoting you were at 110% of turnover for your wage bill.)

So by the start of next season you are going to have to cut it by 25% again to get under the FFP rules ( and can't compensate for low wages with high signing on fee). That your if your turnover stays the same. Going to be hard to achieve that and improve the squad.

Forests situation at the moment is frightening..

Any outsider will look at them and just think 'washed up'..

They are on a downward slope.. I personally don't think McClaren knew what he has let himself in for.. The Forest job is massive, one of the biggest outside the top flight.. Given their situation IMO the biggest.

Trying to balance an unbelievably deluded and ambitious crowd, a wealthy yet demanding chairman, operating under a transfer panel who has the final say on transfers, trying to juggle a massively inflated wagebill, taking over from a successful manager who garauntees top 6 spots plus the obvious $50mill plus debt that still looms around the City Ground..

Steve McClarens job is to get them promoted this season, but he's been dealt a ridiculously weak hand.. Forest IMO overachieved under BD and despite a few promosing youngsters (Chambers, McGugan, Cohen) there are also many average players performed beyond their usual standards under BD with a few key performers that have departed.. To get them promoted whilst trying to keep an eye on the wagebill and future rules, in a stronger league than last year is a near mission impossible.

He'll go down in history if he pulls it off.. I personally think they'll fall well short (12th-16th)and their last chance will be gone for at least another decade whilst they try and sort themselves out financially. It's boom or bust for them and Leicester this season.

Forests situation at the moment is frightening..

Any outsider will look at them and just think 'washed up'..

They are on a downward slope.. I personally don't think McClaren knew what he has let himself in for.. The Forest job is massive, one of the biggest outside the top flight.. Given their situation IMO the biggest.

Trying to balance an unbelievably deluded and ambitious crowd, a wealthy yet demanding chairman, operating under a transfer panel who has the final say on transfers, trying to juggle a massively inflated wagebill, taking over from a successful manager who garauntees top 6 spots plus the obvious $50mill plus debt that still looms around the City Ground..

Steve McClarens job is to get them promoted this season, but he's been dealt a ridiculously weak hand.. Forest IMO overachieved under BD and despite a few promosing youngsters (Chambers, McGugan, Cohen) there are also many average players performed beyond their usual standards under BD with a few key performers that have departed.. To get them promoted whilst trying to keep an eye on the wagebill and future rules, in a stronger league than last year is a near mission impossible.

He'll go down in history if he pulls it off.. I personally think they'll fall well short (12th-16th)and their last chance will be gone for at least another decade whilst they try and sort themselves out financially. It's boom or bust for them and Leicester this season.

Never read so much drivel in my life

Never read so much drivel in my life

Agreed - Forest one of the biggest jobs outside of the Premier League - what a load of old tosh.......! :D

To be fair though, I agree with all points apart from the last one. I don't think Forest will trouble the automatics, but they may have an outside chance of flirting with the playoffs. I suspect however that they'll fall in that place outside of the playoffs but comfortably inside the top half. 8th-10th IMO. He's right though, if you fail this season then you're going to have to sort yourself out financially.

You don't post on forest forums then?

Oh I do, and trust me there is a alot of crap on there too. But we are not near some financial apocalypse. Doughty is not going to f*ck off and leave us with 70million bill to pay, our wages despite the ******** I have read on here are not that high, as players who have left like earnshaw, Tyson Wilson, Bennett, Adebola and McKenna were all on good money.

Nobody currently is on more than 12 1/2k. So we are in no more a dire state financially than last year!

Oh I do, and trust me there is a alot of crap on there too. But we are not near some financial apocalypse. Doughty is not going to f*ck off and leave us with 70million bill to pay, our wages despite the ******** I have read on here are not that high, as players who have left like earnshaw, Tyson Wilson, Bennett, Adebola and McKenna were all on good money.

Nobody currently is on more than 12 1/2k. So we are in no more a dire state financially than last year!

Last year when you were in a dire state financially......

Wages were 115% of turnover, there or thereabouts.

The new financial rules cover all spend - wages, transfer fees, signing fees, etc etc. So that 115% would be even more inflated if you're looking at including additional spend beyond wages.

Archived