Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Had to laugh at this one too. I can't speak for the other sports, but a rugby team! That's hardly pulling crowds away from your football team. I've lived in Leicester for 12 years, and feel I've earned the adoptive right to support the Tigers when I'm in the mood for the funny shaped ball (until Derby produce a rugby team). Now Leicester is a city where you can understand the crowds being drawn to the rugby club, in fact they really ought to just give up football altogether. But being drawn away from Forest to go see Nottingham Rugby Club instead?

I know Forest are *****, but has it really got that bad? Must be, if a Forest fan is saying the football there is so poor he'd rather watch the rugby, ice hockey, boxing, tiddlywinks, or basically any other sport.

Perhaps you should read my second post after. I don't say that is an excuse for supposed lower crowds (because we don't) I'm just highlighting the city has more than just football.

To be honest iv only been to the painters maybe a half dozen times. Don't care about rugby/ cricket..

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps you should read my second post after. I don't say that is an excuse for supposed lower crowds (because we don't) I'm just highlighting the city has more than just football.

To be honest iv only been to the painters maybe a half dozen times. Don't care about rugby/ cricket..

Which is what makes you a good forest fan, for which I pity you, but I don't hold it against you. But if other 'fans' would rather watch the rugby, they're not really fans, are they?

Which is what makes you a good forest fan, for which I pity you, but I don't hold it against you. But if other 'fans' would rather watch the rugby, they're not really fans, are they?

He shoots, he scores.

<3

A fair signing at this level but that is their second central midfield signing - a position where they have more bleeding cover than the national side!

Mossi, Greening, Gillett, Majewski, McGugan, Cohen and Adlene - all season professionals and how they're going to keep them all happy is beyond me!

Oh god, we've got into the old attendance debate. I think County got about 7000 on average last season, and ours was about 21500. so we'd be pretty close if we were a one club city. Also, didn't we get more in gate revenues than you did last season? There's a picture on our forum and I cba to go through the thread it was posted in.

As for Gillet and Ayala, I know a bit of Doncaster players and since we have O'Driscoll it's not surprise we're being linked with their POTY plus Coppinger/Bennett. It's a free transfer and he seems a bit like a McKenna sort of player, which we missed dearly last season. But as Ambitious says, we've got seven players capable of being CM's, so... :/

I'd be pleased with Ayala, it's always encouraging when the Norwich fans want to keep him at the club instead of sending him out on loan. Could work well with Collins. And we're looking at a top quality striker seeing as we're being linked with Maynard/Sharp etc.

Oh god, we've got into the old attendance debate. I think County got about 7000 on average last season, and ours was about 21500. so we'd be pretty close if we were a one club city. Also, didn't we get more in gate revenues than you did last season? There's a picture on our forum and I cba to go through the thread it was posted in.

As for Gillet and Ayala, I know a bit of Doncaster players and since we have O'Driscoll it's not surprise we're being linked with their POTY plus Coppinger/Bennett. It's a free transfer and he seems a bit like a McKenna sort of player, which we missed dearly last season. But as Ambitious says, we've got seven players capable of being CM's, so... :/

I'd be pleased with Ayala, it's always encouraging when the Norwich fans want to keep him at the club instead of sending him out on loan. Could work well with Collins. And we're looking at a top quality striker seeing as we're being linked with Maynard/Sharp etc.

Id put my mouth on the line for a second time that you won't sign either Maynard or Sharp would be completely out of character for your board - they're not going to spend big, I thought that would of sank in by now! You've spent the Gunter money on a new defence and Adlene and now looking at the Kuwait pair who seem like they will sign and players like Gillett on a free, also Ayala on loan (if he comes) - no dig but doing all this on a budget and then blowing 3/4 million on a striker? I doubt it!

Friend was the POTY! I think fans sometimes are a little daft(to put it gently), I read that because Gillett was small in size that it was a certainty that he was a great passer of the ball, like Xavi! And all fans do it but how anyone say 'great signing' before his played a game, some are more promising than others but you cannot be a great signing until you've proved it - alfonso alves was a very promising signing but was awful In practise for Boro!

Id put my mouth on the line for a second time that you won't sign either Maynard or Sharp would be completely out of character for your board - they're not going to spend big, I thought that would of sank in by now! You've spent the Gunter money on a new defence and Adlene and now looking at the Kuwait pair who seem like they will sign and players like Gillett on a free, also Ayala on loan (if he comes) - no dig but doing all this on a budget and then blowing 3/4 million on a striker? I doubt it!

Friend was the POTY! I think fans sometimes are a little daft(to put it gently), I read that because Gillett was small in size that it was a certainty that he was a great passer of the ball, like Xavi! And all fans do it but how anyone say 'great signing' before his played a game, some are more promising than others but you cannot be a great signing until you've proved it - alfonso alves was a very promising signing but was awful In practise for Boro!

Could be a loan move, West Ham want £4 million for Maynard and no-one will pay that much for him, loans have been mentioned a few times.

I thought it was Friend, but the reason why I know a bit about Doncaster players is that one of my mates supports them and he said Gillet was POTY, so I assumed he was right.

Have forest got any scouts or is Odriscol working from memory

[url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11727/7961981]http://www1.skysport...s/11727/7961981

Coppinger their latest midfield target.

And Norwich haven't decided whether to loan them Ayala yet either.

Yes, we've scouted quite a few teams/games the last few weeks. Houghton is 'considering' it. I may be wrong, but usually that means he'll join.

Also, 3-1 win over Villa. Not getting carried away, but encouraging.

Yes, we've scouted quite a few teams/games the last few weeks. Houghton is 'considering' it. I may be wrong, but usually that means he'll join.

Also, 3-1 win over Villa. Not getting carried away, but encouraging.

Villa are ahead of Forest in fitness & games played, so to run out winners against them with 5 new players in the team was pleasing.

Archived