Danny Blanchett

Day

So, 3 teams and a few years on loan since he was what, 19... Hmm... Actually, he has been around a bit. Oh well, let's see what Nigel thinks of him. Surely if he wants him he's more of a player Nigel thinks he can mould rather than a first choice. Seems the kind of player... Never know though.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, so you assumed he was a target. Honestly, and don't take this personally, claims like "Likely to be the second choice that TG was talking about being as we missed on our probable first choice in Creswell." are to be perfectly frank ridiculous without supporting evidence. We were never linked with him and his comment seemed to be more about the other positions. He only ever said we were looking for cover for leftback and it was largely off hand comments rather than solid "we're signing a leftback to replace Roberts". So please, be more careful with your assertions. Again, don't take it personally, it's just annoying when people make such claims without any supporting evidence.

Excuse me. I merely implied that he MIGHT be a target. .

Edited by GboroRam: please - no need to be personal. It's the mod's job to police the posts, nobody else's.

Excuse me but f*** off. I merely implied that he MIGHT be a target. Don't take this personally?! Well, please take my comments personally because they are meant to be taken that way. Get off your gad damn high horse and stop trying to police my posts.

Police? Wow, somebody needs to calm down. I just calmly asked you to back up claims... Really, wow. Calm it mate.

I may be reading to much into things, but David Martin looks like he wants to leave. Him and Bywater have looked like lost puppies in the pre season photo's. Ever since he first joined looks like he's been a bit of a mouth that can't back up his claims.

I am only basing this on a couple of video's, facial expressions in photo's and team mates seemingly unwilling to include him in banter.

RE: Ex Crewe boy/s, fared us well thus far.

RE: Ex Crewe boy/s, fared us well thus far.

Although played for Crewe last season, he has not come thru their academy - which probably has something to do with why Dario let him go.

Having said that of all the players released at the end of last season, Blanchett was the surprise name on the list to most Crewe fans.

• 2 weeks later...
I know crewe produce good players but do they release good players?

James Bailey

John Brayford

David Platt

Rob Hulse

Danny Murphy

Dean Ashton

Seth lad

Geoff Thomas

Stan Bowles

Rob Jones

Neil Lennon

Efe Sodje

Robbie Savage:eek:

and probably more.................

James Bailey

John Brayford

David Platt

Rob Hulse

Danny Murphy

Dean Ashton

Seth lad

Geoff Thomas

Stan Bowles

Rob Jones

Neil Lennon

Efe Sodje

Robbie Savage:eek:

and probably more.................

as far as i am aware none of these were released by crewe, they were sold but they were under contract or at the club when sold, unlike danny blanchett.

I have seen both pre-season games and i have to say Blanchett is the best left-back we currently have. He is not our player though.

His crosses aren't brilliant but he is pretty quick and strong. Good movement also. Sign him up.

Northern Ram reckons we should sign him up! The lad must be good :p

Archived