Danny Blanchett

Day

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd be as well sacrificing the fullbacks and play with 3 CBs across the back instead - Brayford, Shackell and Barker. Bailey and A.N.Other in front of them.

Only trouble is we'd probably have to employ two wider players as we'd be extremely narrow without them.

I'd be willing to take a punt on Croft at right back for atleast one game, when he was playing for us originally he looked a much better defensive winger than attacking one.

Like I said, three across the back and then a couple of wingbacks - we have Croft who could do the right side, but I'm not sure who we'd use on the left.

He's alright as a cente back, just lacks the height against long ball teams. He'd be alright against Birmingham, their forwards are less dominated and more skill based, which should suit him if he's played there.

I think it'll be Anderson and Shackell starting anyway, perhaps Leacock if they really need to, though hes gone mysteriously quiet....

I suspect he's finalising a move away.

We just need to loan someone in, Roberts is capable enough, his last half of his season showed that, he was very good. We just can't afford for him to get injured and then cope while rushing him back.

That'll only leave us with a dodgy backline and a very poor Roberts, which was the problem originally with him. Rushing him back unfit and without confidence. A Roberts suffering with both of those things is not worth having out there.

Roberts is better than he was but is still poor, and misses a lot of games through injury.

I doesnt help if the formation offers the full backs no protection.

p.s. good last season?....i still dont get it. Watch Norwich away first goal. Watch Bristol City goal. Watch Byron Moore skin him v Crewe.

I suspect you could do the same for many of our players last season, Barker was at fault for several goals last season yet played very well mostly.

He had some very good games, Swansea at home he was MoM, or should have been. I've never seen someone keep Nathan Dyer that quiet.

I suspect you could do the same for many of our players last season, Barker was at fault for several goals last season yet played very well mostly.

He had some very good games, Swansea at home he was MoM, or should have been. I've never seen someone keep Nathan Dyer that quiet.

Roberts v Swansea has been mentioned before. I checked. I gave him a 6.

The thing is....it was always a strange signing.

If we are signing veterens over 30 they should be outstanding players / leaders. Unfortunately he was never either of those things.

I could understand if we signed a Patrick Viera or a Stuart Pearce to lead and inspire a team of 23 year olds....but Gar.....

ok...... now we just need some decent cover at least.

Suppose he was meant to be another 'Edworthy' type player. Steady and reliable back-up to Moxey. Which he would have been.

But Moxey became poor, ending in him being sold, and Roberts had already suffered with numerous injuries that season leaving the crowd with an opinion already before he'd really found any form at all.

But agreed, we need some cover. Preferrably someone who can cover both positions in one. Van Aanholt would do as cover for just left back though, probably be the better option of the two.

Suppose he was meant to be another 'Edworthy' type player.

A Phil Brown signing when we were under the thumb of the three amigo's.

Dont get me wrong....Edworthy did ok but 18 months later we were replacing him. Ideally we'd sign another 22 - 23 year old like Brayford and Bailey.

And we've missed a few.

Still can't believe Deano never tipped us off about Neil Taylor.

Whats Martin like at full back if we're recycling failed wingers?

Archived