Aaron Creswell - Tranmere Rovers

ripleyram88

The thing is everyone is so positive as we are signing so many young hungry players but jewell did exactly the same, Just by signing new players doesn't mean we will be better. I think we are all just preying that after this complete revamp we can somehow get a half decent side together. I'm just hoping that clough following the warnock model of having tons of forwards means we can see attacking football and plenty of goals after watching paint dry for the last 3 seasons

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What can I say, us Derby fans tend to rate our players far too highly, only to end up scratching our heads when we finish 19th (though this is a good season according to some)..

I mean, certain people think Shaun Barker can get in any other team in the league and can also hold his own in The PL because he once marked a youthful Andy Carroll out the game :cautious: :rofl:

So Gareth Roberts, apparently he's steady.. Steady enough for a relegation scrapper in The NPC.. Along with half our other average players.. I try to look upwards and actually have some ambition to make The PL..

I think you're right to say we are always hopeful of better fortunes. I share your reservations about Barker - he's a bit too reactive - always having to make last-ditch tackles and headers. He's also a bit too 'nice' for a centre half. But the signings we have made so far are encouraging and I think Shackell will help his game. I would like to see a few of last year's non-entities move on so we truly have a clean break from last season. Brayford, Barker, Ward and Cywka are good enough for another try. Bailey needs to improve again. I wouldn't go out of my way to keep any of the others if the offer was right.

I think you're right to say we are always hopeful of better fortunes. I share your reservations about Barker - he's a bit too reactive - always having to make last-ditch tackles and headers. He's also a bit too 'nice' for a centre half. But the signings we have made so far are encouraging and I think Shackell will help his game. I would like to see a few of last year's non-entities move on so we truly have a clean break from last season. Brayford, Barker, Ward and Cywka are good enough for another try. Bailey needs to improve again. I wouldn't go out of my way to keep any of the others if the offer was right.

i'm sorry but that it utter rubbish.

When Blackpool played us a couple of seasons ago, he kicked the b'jesus out of Hulse and was roundly slated for it.

One of the reasons he did well against Carroll was because he was similarly treated.

Too nice? - yeah , right.

i'm sorry but that it utter rubbish.

When Blackpool played us a couple of seasons ago, he kicked the b'jesus out of Hulse and was roundly slated for it.

One of the reasons he did well against Carroll was because he was similarly treated.

Too nice? - yeah , right.

Isolated instances. 71 goals conceded. I just think he will improve with a minder.

I'll stick with my assessment of Barker.

He's at fault for all the goals conceded?... behave.

Of course he's not responsible for all 71 - it's just we repeatedly say what good players Brayford, Barker and Ayala are, yet we leak goals. Barker has the attributes to be a good player and I hope his operation will make him stronger, as will playing alongside a more forceful sidekick.

I'll stick with my assessment of Barker.

He's at fault for all the goals conceded?... behave.

Of course he's not responsible for all 71 - it's just we repeatedly say what good players Brayford, Barker and Ayala are, yet we leak goals. Barker has the attributes to be a good player and I hope his operation will make him stronger, as will playing alongside a more forceful sidekick.

Barker has the very useful ability of getting away with fouling people. He's not the type of player who will flatten an opposing striker, or kick lumps out of him, but he's very clever with little tugs, pushes, nudges etc when the ref's not looking. There were many reasons we conceded goals last seaosn, but Barker (once he was fit anyway) wasn't a major one imo. Goalkeeping mistakes, and lack of protection from midfield would have been my two prime causes, closely followed by individual errors by players playing out of position.

Barker has the very useful ability of getting away with fouling people. He's not the type of player who will flatten an opposing striker, or kick lumps out of him, but he's very clever with little tugs, pushes, nudges etc when the ref's not looking. There were many reasons we conceded goals last seaosn, but Barker (once he was fit anyway) wasn't a major one imo. Goalkeeping mistakes, and lack of protection from midfield would have been my two prime causes, closely followed by individual errors by players playing out of position.

Agree with that.

When we were playing well we didn't give away many chances. Savage and Bailey seemed to find a good understanding and were both in good form. The defence was better protected and Brayford was so confident he showed how good he really can be. He looked a worthy PL RB.

I think we have some good defenders. Good enough to get out this division. Especially now with Fielding and Shackell added.

Lets hope their not exposed to attack after attack after attack though. Even Vidic in our defence wouldn't of got us any higher than 15th last season.

Agree with that.

When we were playing well we didn't give away many chances. Savage and Bailey seemed to find a good understanding and were both in good form. The defence was better protected and Brayford was so confident he showed how good he really can be. He looked a worthy PL RB.

I think we have some good defenders. Good enough to get out this division. Especially now with Fielding and Shackell added.

Lets hope their not exposed to attack after attack after attack though. Even Vidic in our defence wouldn't of got us any higher than 15th last season.

Completely agree my friend.

I believe we can get top 6.

That's what i say everytime i tug one out over Sue Barker.

?....Sue Barker.....??.......thats not possible is it?

It would certainly be an interesting episode of what happened next.

Archived