Aaron Creswell - Tranmere Rovers

ripleyram88

Its obvious that Roberts uis going to be #1 LB for this season. He really didn't do too bad towards the end of last season. I wonder if his name was something foreign like Fabio Cavienzzi, people would have took to him better....

If he wasn't **** for the majority of the season people would have taken to him better.....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he wasn't **** for the majority of the season people would have taken to him better.....

As a player gets older and starts to struggle you will note he goes to ground for tackles more often. This is true of Roberts. He is a good pro and a good servant. We shouldn't get on his back. He is simply entering the last phase of his career and we should be doing succession planning. I'd still like to see us enquire about Dan Harding of Southampton. He would be excellent.

Or more accurately (imo), if he hadn't had a few bad games early on in his Derby career, people would have actually paid attention when he was playing well in the second half of the season.

Or more accurately (imo), if he hadn't had a few bad games early on in his Derby career, people would have actually paid attention when he was playing well in the second half of the season.

He was steadyish for about the last 5 games. The rest of the season he was toss = Not good enough.

Next!

his eyes have gone; his teeth have gone; he only eats soft stuff now; he's all bunged up; his legs have gone; he can't remember who he's marking; on a good day he smells of p1ss...on a bad day it's worse; he just sits in a chair until its time for kick off; he's slow ; he doesn't seem to know where he is; he falls over; he wears slippers because he can't bend to get his boots on; he needs constant help to get through a game......come on.....its not fair on him really.

I would say he was not bad vs Swansea at Pride Park. The rest of the season he was hopeless = ****. Move on.

If 'not bad' is completely marking one of the most dangerous wingers in the league out of the game, then I'll take 'not bad' thank you very much. As soon as Moxey left and Roberts got a fairly settled place in the side, he was plenty good enough.

I think Roberts show that players can't have a bad start at a club.

Wonder if people's reactions would be different and if scored a couple of flukes and had a thuggish attitude to tackling.:rolleyes:

I agree it seems many opinions are formed in the first 6 months. Paul Green was great for 6 months but has been poor since yet people still go about the start.

It doesn't really matter what Roberts has been like, you never know, playing alongside Shackell might bring the best out of him. I always think teams should have 2 players for every position, so 2 left backs, 2 goalkeepers, etc. Getting another left back in might make him up his game as he will be kept on his toes battling it out for that position, rather than strolling straight into the team

LOL it is true and bailey ;) if two players work well let's forget the rest of the fodder.

What can I say, us Derby fans tend to rate our players far too highly, only to end up scratching our heads when we finish 19th (though this is a good season according to some)..

I mean, certain people think Shaun Barker can get in any other team in the league and can also hold his own in The PL because he once marked a youthful Andy Carroll out the game :cautious: :rofl:

So Gareth Roberts, apparently he's steady.. Steady enough for a relegation scrapper in The NPC.. Along with half our other average players.. I try to look upwards and actually have some ambition to make The PL..

Archived