The Forest inferiority complex

tomsdubs

Long time reader first time poster, thought i'd open with a curious observation.

Lately i've spent a lot of time reading florist boards gauging reactions to the goings on recently. Now one thing that they seem to have some kind of crazed fixation on mentioning at every possibility how a move to Derby is a downgrade, how we are definitely heading for league one, how they are are a huge club in waiting etc etc. It really gets tiresome and lame after a while, has being in league one really got to them that badly? The poorer gates really got them that wound up?

I can honestly say these guys are real bitter, we hate Forest and love banter but they seem to harbour some kind of crazed mentality. But it isn't just on message boards, the late kick of facebook page has resulted even in the page admin commenting on this crazed Forest attitude. Even to the point of calling for Forest fans to give it a rest on the Derby articles that come up, I was wondering if anyone else has observed this?

It amazes me sometimes and i'm not going to say we don't have our share of idiots but with the florist fans this seems to be the majority. They finally get some victories over us last season and we never hear the end of it, banter is good but these guys have a real complex. The two wins at the CG season of course there was banter but not to the point of photoshoping a million banners everywhere stating the score etc etc. Do this say something for who has had the upper hand over the last 10-15 years?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their time in League One and play-off debacles has hit them hard. Guess they know that they are punching above their weight at the moment and normal shitty ground service will resume at somepoint.

The last decade with one minor blip last season has seen Derby as the main East Midlands club, where their popular players want to play for, Clough Jnr happier at Derby (they must have felt right idiots with the silly billy 'Nigel kicked me' antics), Pridepark is a superior ground with loads more fans attending week in week out whatever the weather.

Nottingham is'nt a footballing city, Brian knew that and told 'em as much. If Forest fans want their success they need to accept a merger with Notts County and rebrand themselves as Notts Forest. Notice how they hate being called that? well it's because they know it's the only way forward for them and their little club.

They weren't happy that Commons left so they decided to flood Facebook groups and forums calling him fat and lazy.

Now they're claiming Tyson wasn't any good for them even though there are Facebook groups petitioning for Forest to offer him a new contract. Seems a lot of effort to go to for a player who isn't very good. :whistle:

The fact is that we are the better supported club.

Though in terms of the "inferiority complex" this is because we had been getting the better of them for nearly fifteen years years until last season. It will die down. They're just enjoying the fact they're on top for a bit.

Just how deluded they are always amazes me, they seem certain we are heading backwards. Definitely will be in league one soon which i think is pretty ignorant if you look at our actual signings and financial structure. They are discussing Mark Robins maybe going to Cardiff, "They are going the same way as Derby". An opinion is an opinion but that is just pure ignorance, they really are obsessed with us while knowing shag all at the same time. Maybe me posting this means i am obsessed with them but i am more reacting in annoyance to the sheer ignorant crazed attitude they seem to harbour for us.

You never want to come accross as arrogant but screw it i don't care, proper smaller club mentality over there. Like an annoying cockroach that you can't get rid of and seem to survive in the worst conditions.

i emphasize Norfolk's point, the fact we are actually looking positve this season and already way ahead with the transfer signings and they may have to start again with a new manager in place, this season things could be very different for both clubs with all things going to plan

^^ To be fair, they're only doing it to distract themselves from thinking about what happens when Doughty decides he wants his £70m back. :)

maybe there should be a sweepstake on this great event too? and another for when they finally assume their rightful position in League 2

Forest and Derby really seem to talk a lot about each other.

You'd almost be mistaken in to believing there was some kind of local rivalry between them! :rolleyes:

They're nobs to us, we're nobs back, it's a local Derby. We're obsessed with Billy Davies, one of our main criticisms of them is their ground, we call them imbreds - we're pathetic, they're pathetic. It's a local rivalry. It's comical and brilliant at the same time.

it cracks me up how this thread is about notts fans being obsessed with derby, yet the original poster states- After spending ages on a forest forum.........................

haha its just local rivalry, obviously they are a little louder at the moment because they are on top.....

as for the £70m figure, surely this is going to go up with steve mclaren going there,

dont get me wrong the doughty has money, but surely he cant keep on bankrolling them and will need his money back at some point????

The Facts are

we are in the same league, we generate substantially more money than them (meaning we are a bigger club) and last time I heard we owe a bit of money on the stadium (only because its at stupidly low interest rate) not £70 million to the owner.

If that was on paper which club would you say is best placed to progress in the future?????????

it cracks me up how this thread is about notts fans being obsessed with derby, yet the original poster states- After spending ages on a forest forum.........................

haha its just local rivalry, obviously they are a little louder at the moment because they are on top.....

as for the £70m figure, surely this is going to go up with steve mclaren going there,

dont get me wrong the doughty has money, but surely he cant keep on bankrolling them and will need his money back at some point????

The Facts are

we are in the same league, we generate substantially more money than them (meaning we are a bigger club) and last time I heard we owe a bit of money on the stadium (only because its at stupidly low interest rate) not £70 million to the owner.

If that was on paper which club would you say is best placed to progress in the future?????????

unfortunately he can bankroll them he sold umbro for an estimated 520 million to nike. So his fortune is pretty vast and he can keep doing it.

Archived