Forest / Rams links

admira

I don't think it's any more or less. It depends how you define that.

I don't really think about West Brom/Wolves - they seem to go on 10 year cycles of hating other clubs around them. Clubs in the same city is fair enough, although ask a red dog if it's bigger against us or bigger against Notts County.

This is how I define big:

I'll reschedule meetings to get on the phone early to the ticket office

I pay £25 membership on top of my season ticket to secure my away ticket :mad:

I dream about us winning a week before we play them

I (literally) can't sleep on the Friday night

I don't drink on the Saturday for the build up. There's plenty of time for that after (celebration or drowning of sorrows)

I like to think I'm quite a mild mannered sort of guy, but I absolutely flip when I see Lee Camp. Horrible things come out that shouldn't be repeated

I freeze when we score against them - I don't know what to do

When I wee at the city ground, I'll do a little bit on the toilet seat. Just to deface the ground in my own way.

I guess the point I'm making is, any one's derby game is the biggest in the world. It's the fans that make it.

One derby I've no time for is B'ham/Villa - the ground was half full last season at St Andrews.

How could I disagree with any of that!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And what about the transfer that never was....I remember being at The Basie (forget who we were playing mind) when Ian Storey-Moore "signed" for us in the centre circle. It was broadcast live on ITV's On The Ball show it was such big news, Storey-Moore was an exiting left winger and it looked like curtains for Alan Hinton. Anyway, he signed but by Monday the deal was off and he went to Man United where he didn't do much. Anyone else remember this ?

It was against Wolves mate, I was in the Pop Side.

I can only think of 3 played for both of the Old Firm, Mo Johnston, our very own K.Miller, Steven Pressley.

I guess there is no real cultural divide between Forest and Derby.

I think Alfie Conn was the first if my memory serves me right

It's a shame we've never had our good years at the same time then the East Midlands derby would be equal to that of El Classico.

Not in a million years would it. Loacal rivalries are always perceived by the fans involved as the biggest game of the season, and the East midlands derby is no different, but to say it would ever rival Real Madrid v's Barcelona is just completely crazy.

I wouldn't even say we are in the top 10 of "big derby" game in England to the outside world, but to us it is always going to be the most important one.

6 points this year for sure.

Not in a million years would it. Loacal rivalries are always perceived by the fans involved as the biggest game of the season, and the East midlands derby is no different, but to say it would ever rival Real Madrid v's Barcelona is just completely crazy.

I wouldn't even say we are in the top 10 of "big derby" game in England to the outside world, but to us it is always going to be the most important one.

But what is a big derby? It's all opinion based.

piss of you *******

:)

He's so annoyed he dropped an F on the floor.

Ooops is that a bit too B4 bashing like? Sorry, I'll just go to the joke section now and post an offensive joke about minorities, that has a warning so that's OK!

And what about the transfer that never was....I remember being at The Basie (forget who we were playing mind) when Ian Storey-Moore "signed" for us in the centre circle. It was broadcast live on ITV's On The Ball show it was such big news, Storey-Moore was an exiting left winger and it looked like curtains for Alan Hinton. Anyway, he signed but by Monday the deal was off and he went to Man United where he didn't do much. Anyone else remember this ?

yep

I'm talking paradoxically. As in if we had BOTH reached the heights of the European cup in the seventies then maybe the derby would then have been perceived like El Classico is now. Though of course in the position we are in, two Championship clubs, one persistent chokers and the other bottom half strugglers aren't quite at the heights of the top two teams in La Liga, one of which won the Champions League this year. :thumbsup:

Archived